Headlight question ... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headlight question ...
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:34 PM
I didn't bother searching since I've never seen any information about it in the past, but I'm wondering what makes a dual bulb system such as the 95-99 cavys and 03-05 fires work? The reason I ask is because I'm pondering picking up an 03-05 fire front for the car just for fun and I really don't want to get into wiring an extra bulb for the highs so that I can interchange the 00-02 with the 03-05 whenever I want ( don't ask why)... So mainly my question is if I leave the single bulb system as is will the light output on high beam be affected by having the single bulb in the low beam side of the headlight or does the way the chrome reflective bit is constructed make a difference?
Thanks in advance

www.driftnamiperformance.com

Re: Headlight question ...
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:28 PM
Just switch the headlight harness.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:45 PM
Steve-O wrote:So mainly my question is if I leave the single bulb system as is will the light output on high beam be affected by having the single bulb in the low beam side of the headlight or does the way the chrome reflective bit is constructed make a difference?
Thanks in advance
No, the highs will not work right in the low beam housing. The reflectors are designed for their application, for the proper focus using the bulb they are designed for. The low beam reflector is designed for a short, downward focus. Also, the dual beam bulb will not fit into the opening of the single beam bulb. They have different base shapes. The harness swaps right out, so really it's not a huge deal.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:51 PM
If it is as easy as switching the harness just leave both in place and hook up which ever one you need and seal the other up when not in use.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:40 PM
yea its so easy to do the harness swap .. i dont get why people are having issues. lol

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:27 AM
i was under the impression it was something you needed to do wiring for, i'll have to see if i can pick up the harness too while i'm at it then, so its just a plug and play affair? no cutting stripping splicing of wires and that nonsense?

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:30 AM
Never went backwards from 00 to priors. But for me I had a dim driver light. Just had to lead a power wire to the middle wire on the bulb plug. May have to do the same or just do the repin method.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:22 PM
i suppose another option would be to get HID's and do a retrofit... but i'm just not that good at that kind of thing, but i could get teh hid kit and leave them on low beam all the time (i know i know hid kits- projectors=bad) but it is a possibility

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search