1/4 patch panel question - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1/4 patch panel question
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:06 PM
Has anyone purchased a 1/4 patch panel for their 3rd gen cav? I'm asking because the images I find online confuse me greatly. I need to patch my left/driver's side. When I go to a site like Mill Supply, and look up the left side - the picture looks like it is for the right side and vic-versa. Same thing on JC Whitney and keystone sites. I realize all of these panels are probably made by the same company - just wondering if that company supplied the images incorrectly? It seems to me that a patch panel for the left side should have the wrap around lip for the rear wheel well on the right side of the panel, and the 'flat' area on the left extending under the door. Take a look at pn 35-95-54-LH from Mill Supply - it looks like the opposite. Has anyone ordered one of these?

On another note - this is the only spot of the 2003 cav that has rot. Does anyone have a clue how the moisture is getting in there? Leaking 1/4 window gasket? Bad seam between rocker and 1/4? any ideas? I plan on cutting out all the rot, blasting and por 15'ing the inner panels and welding in the patch panel. IT will probably rust again eventually - but trying to prolong it.

Re: 1/4 patch panel question
Sunday, September 02, 2012 7:16 PM
Am also curious on that last part as i just took off my sideskirts to find one of the lil oval holes the clip goes in was easily opened to the size of a quarter...i looked briefly before i got rained on but is there no drainage?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search