Fog Light Wiring Harness - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fog Light Wiring Harness
Monday, March 31, 2014 9:42 PM
Hey all. First time posting on here.

I ordered an LS bumper, with the fog light holes for my 2000 base model cavy. Like a dumbass, I forgot to order a wiring harness.

Does anyone know where I can get a wiring harness for it (the bulb size is 880) or if it would be easier to buy the 880 plugs and make my own.

Any advice would be awesome!
You can email me straight through if that's easier.

Connerhitch@yahoo.com

Re: Fog Light Wiring Harness
Wednesday, April 02, 2014 6:15 AM
Have you tried any salvage yards?

It would certainly be easier to get a factory one, as it will have the correct plug on the other end where it goes to the body.
You're also going to want the dimmer panel with the fog switch. The wiring should already be there, but if not, you'll need the harness for the fog switch. GM made these cars with a pretty generic body harness, with all of the major wires for the accessories already there, just jot plugged in. I know this to be true for power locks, and power mirrors. I believe it's the same with the power windows and fog lights, too.

Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:19 PM
If your car doesn't have fog lamps, then your body control module (BCM) won't have the option turned on to support them.. so using the factory switch (which is actually a button on a rocker, you just ask the BCM to turn the fog lamps on and off), is out of the question unless you get your BCM reprogrammed at a GM dealer.

I would just wire up your own stuff.. including the switch.
Friday, April 04, 2014 5:58 AM
John Lenko wrote:If your car doesn't have fog lamps, then your body control module (BCM) won't have the option turned on to support them.. so using the factory switch (which is actually a button on a rocker, you just ask the BCM to turn the fog lamps on and off), is out of the question unless you get your BCM reprogrammed at a GM dealer.

I would just wire up your own stuff.. including the switch.
Interesting. I didn't know they made that change on the 00+. In that case, I'd grab a dimmer/fog panel from a 95-99 at a yard, and get the plug/wiring from it, and wire your own circuit with a relay.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search