98 Sunfire HID help. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 Sunfire HID help.
Thursday, June 02, 2016 6:54 PM
I have a 98 sunfire got a vvme 9007 bi xenon kit that's not working correctly. I removed the daylight running lights relay thinking that's all I needed to do, but apparently not. I started searching and found a bunch of link's here, but they are old and the pictures are broken showing exactly what you have to switch on the relay I'm assuming to get the lights working correctly. So step one I'm gonna have to cut the wire to disable the running lights and I'm assuming I can leave the relay on after this. The part that I'm missing is what wire or pins I have to swap to get the HID's working correctly? Can someone let me me know what do I have to do?

Thanks

Re: 98 Sunfire HID help.
Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:09 PM
I "attempted" to do the DRL delete cause I had recently got some LED headlight bulbs, when i turned the ignition on, the headlights flashed like 10 times, shut off, and the check engine light came on, so it didn't like the LED's, so I read up on a way to delete the DRL, it said go up under the dash, locate the BCM, find the dark blue wire, cut it and ground it, did that, turned the ignition on and it was still doing the same @!#$, pissed me off, so I pulled the DRL relay, bent the #86 pin (I think) and just dealt with the check engine light till this day, no clue what that dark blue wire that I cut was, but it didn't seem to do @!#$, so I never messed with it again. I wish I could help, but that's all I know.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search