Why are so many people weird about guns and knives? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why are so many people weird about guns and knives?
Monday, March 23, 2009 2:04 PM on j-body.org
Trainied professionals in America with guns. Jk.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL

Monday, March 23, 2009 8:11 PM on j-body.org
I just realized somone recently changed their sig!!!! LOL

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Monday, March 23, 2009 10:07 PM on j-body.org
this is why..................
Monday, March 23, 2009 11:15 PM on j-body.org
That video if freaking hilarious lol

You can give all the training in the world to an idiot, and there still going to be an idiot. The gun went off because his finger was on the trigger when he was putting it in the holster. His finger shouldn't have even been in contact with the trigger of a loaded gun in a room full of kids WTF. When your holding a gun (loaded or not) you keep your finger off the trigger unless you intend to fire it.

I'm just pissed that I'm being accused of being unsafe by someone that doesn't know there ass from a hole in the ground about the subject. (house warming party thing in original post)

The fact that she thinks having a pocket knife in my pocket is dangerous to people around me was the thing that sent me overboard.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:15 AM on j-body.org
Wiezer Walley wrote:this is why..................

I fail to see the problem with this?

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:46 AM on j-body.org
here is something that happened in my town of St. Joseph, MO back in 1998. Nothing like this has ever happened here before or since:

Officer Arn was shot and killed as he responded to a call of a man walking down the street firing an assault rifle. Officer Arn was the first officer on the scene and was shot once in the head while still driving his cruiser. The suspect continued walking down the street, shooting randomly, until he was cornered by other responding officers and shot and killed. The suspect, dressed in camouflage and firing an automatic assault rifle, had an additional shotgun and bullets strapped to his body. Officer Arn is the first St. Joseph officer to be shot and killed in the line of duty since 1944.

Officer Bradley Arn served six years and was a Gulf War veteran. He is survived by his wife and two-year-old twin daughters.

Down in Kansas City a few years back some guy walked into a mall and started shooting people. My wife and I go down there on occasion.

I dont even own a gun much less carry one but I can see why people do you NEVER know. If some one was at either place who had a right to carry they could have stopped these guys sooner.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:34 AM on j-body.org
"The suspect, dressed in camouflage and firing an automatic assault rifle, had an additional shotgun and bullets strapped to his body."

Illegally owned and possesed firearm (assuming it was actually an auto and the news wasnt just making @!#$ up again), camo has no revelance, and bullets harmless if they are strapped to him. A bullet itself is useless unless you seat it in a case with some powder in it.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:08 PM on j-body.org
I carry a knife on me at all times too, but for many reasons. Opening things etc. but also for protection. All 4 years of highschool I carried a knife with me for protection because of the amounts of gangs we had in our school. If I could legally carry a gun on me now, I would. I WILL protect myself and my family by any means possible whether they be legal, or illegal.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:10 PM on j-body.org
although she seems to be irate about you having guns in her house, it kinda is her right, and you posting about it kinda makes you just as irate about it as she is. kinda like your trying to get reassurance that your view is more right then her view. if she doesnt want a gun in her house its really not that big a deal. if you feel you couldn't feel safe in her house for a few hours without a gun maybe you need to re-evaluate the life your living.

"2. I've been shot at
3. I've had a gun pulled on me when I was in my car at my apartment (I speed off and got away thank god) it turned out he just robbed the local subway
4. I was in the military and was also trained in both fully automatic assault rifles, and hand guns (both military and civilian training)
5. Having a gun on me has saved my ass a few times"

what are you doing or how are you living that is causing you to be shot at and needing a gun to protect you for? im not saying im against guns, hell i'd fight to keep guns in legal citizens hands. but feeling unsafe just because you dont have a weapon on you is just as concerning as the womens views.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:22 PM on j-body.org
Twisted Cav(sdwndr2) wrote:I carry a knife on me at all times too, but for many reasons. Opening things etc. but also for protection. All 4 years of highschool I carried a knife with me for protection because of the amounts of gangs we had in our school. If I could legally carry a gun on me now, I would. I WILL protect myself and my family by any means possible whether they be legal, or illegal.

Unfortunately for Myself and you, our TWO States alone do not have Concealed Carry.

Great!

Good place to be a Criminal.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:24 PM on j-body.org
SNDSGOOD.... I realize it's her right since it's her house... and I have no problem leaving the firearm in the car when I'm over there.... hell I have to do that at work all the time... and I cant carry it at all when I ride my motorcycle to work.

As far as the knife thing.... I just cant bend on that because of the stupidity... I just wont go over there... I'm sure I'm just being stubborn.. but thats just the way I am I guess.

As far as how my lifestyle having something to do with me getting shot at.... IDK..... maybee I just have really bad luck..... plus being out at night because I work nights probably doesnt help. It's not like I bring it on myself.

Hell. one time a friend and I got out of our car to go into a red robbin and bullets started flying by us... we still dont know what it was all about..... just that shortly after we drew our sidearms and took cover behind a parked car... that she shooting stopped and they took off.

Another time back when I was driving the car hauler (big semi truck that hauls cars) I was walking back to my truck in a dark parking lot somewhere near Flint Michigan. I had a brand new BMW 540i M series on the back of the truck plus a couple of new Lexuses... When I got up to the truck... 3 younger guys where eye balling the BMW and I noticed they where trying to open the door of the car before they saw me. They walked up to me and asked me if it was my truck...... Not in a general curiosity way.... they where abviouseley up to something and I'm pretty damn sure they wanted to steal the BMW....... I reached into my pocket and threw the saftey off on my gun (they knew what I was reaching for when they heard the click) and I said "ya.... why" in a not to friendly way.... then they took off. If I wasn't armed that night... I would have been screwed.

The time the guy that robbed the subway stuck that gun my my face (he was probably trying to car jack me)....that was probably the only time in recent memory that I didn't have my gun with me.... thats another reason I make sure not to ever forget it.... Although... If I did have it that night..... one of us would probably be dead right now.... wich kinda makes ya think about things. I found out that a police dog took a chunk out of his ass when they caught him....that makes me feel better at least.

I was using the house warming thing as the most recent example... and well... maybe to vent a little..... I'm not looking for reassurance that I'm right.... I'm just curious of how many other people think like she does.

Although it doesnt surprise me... the one time we went shooting together with some people (the time she fired my gun) We opened up an AR15 and an AK47 on a couple of trees.... I mean bullets and limbs where flying everywhere.... and I actually herd her say..... and I quote "if you walked in front of those guns when there being shot like that would it kill you?" We all just stopped in disbelief.... thats about the time I took my 9mm away from her.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:15 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:"2. I've been shot at
3. I've had a gun pulled on me

I've been shot at/had a gun pulled on me a few times. It's really not all that hard to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:19 AM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:

I've been shot at/had a gun pulled on me a few times. It's really not all that hard to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

well thats diffrent. you probalby deserved it lol.

"As far as the knife thing.... I just cant bend on that because of the stupidity... I just wont go over there... I'm sure I'm just being stubborn.. but thats just the way I am I guess."

see, me personally i'd just leave the knife in the car personally as well if its a friend. friend to me is more then a piece of metal in your pocket, but at the same time i'd also point out her issues seeing how im going to bet she has knives in her kitchen draweres somewere, or sitting out in a wood block like most people do and kind ask her why those are okay, and politly point out the error in her thinking,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:10 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:I just realized somone recently changed their sig!!!! LOL

Is that about me?

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:12 PM on j-body.org
Thats a good idea sndsgood.....

I'm probably just being an ass..... who knows.

Friday, March 27, 2009 11:38 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:

I had a gun pulled on me once and got robbed!. wrong place, wrong time. I wasn't sure if they were going to pull the trigger but I didn't want to take the chance and be on WATE channel 6 local news the next morning.
Saturday, March 28, 2009 1:25 PM on j-body.org
that vid is absolutely hilarious! "I'm the only one in this room, that i know is professional enough to carry a Glock 40" BOOOM!

I guess the one good thing about living in Iowa is that guns aren't a big deal at all. my friends and i talk guns with our teachers all the time, and have even gotten a couple teachers into shooting. just yesterday, my history teacher asked us what shotgun he should buy. we don't see the fear of guns much really, if we do it's from girls that are absolutely clueless.

hell, i hunt after school every day during winter and on several occasions i've left my shotgun in my car or truck on accident and driven to school.

Check out my build thread!

Sunday, March 29, 2009 3:55 AM on j-body.org
^^^^ it's pretty much like that here too....(Southern Minnesota)... we talk about guns and hunting and crap freely at work all the time...... hell one time somebody brought a WW2 German rifle to work to show somebody. They where standing inside holding a rifle and nobody said a thing LOL.... although in the last couple of years..... the company has gotton more hardassed and wouldn't let the fly anymore.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:52 AM on j-body.org
I had one history teacher in school that was into guns. When it pertained to what we were learning he would bring one in. He would have to seal the barrel (steel plug welded in both ends), and remove the firing pin. Not a single chance in hell the gun could possibly be used as a weapon unless it was used as a club. A few teachers were actually claiming to be afraid that a student might get their hands on one and shoot up the school. I grew up in an area that has a mentality that guns are bad and are only used to bring harm to other people. The only harm to people that any of my rifles have done is when I didnt get my .458 Win. Mag shouldered correct for a follow up shot.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 12:38 PM on j-body.org
RuggedZ wrote:that vid is absolutely hilarious! "I'm the only one in this room, that i know is professional enough to carry a Glock 40" BOOOM!

I guess the one good thing about living in Iowa is that guns aren't a big deal at all. my friends and i talk guns with our teachers all the time, and have even gotten a couple teachers into shooting. just yesterday, my history teacher asked us what shotgun he should buy. we don't see the fear of guns much really, if we do it's from girls that are absolutely clueless.

hell, i hunt after school every day during winter and on several occasions i've left my shotgun in my car or truck on accident and driven to school.

Thats how it is here. Hunting is a big thing and so is being a sweet redneck. SO theres lots of guns in trucks here on purpose.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 12:52 PM on j-body.org
Weeble....simple solution here for you. Tell her you can't come over, until she gets rid of all her kitchen knives and steak knives. They make you nervous. What you have there is a control-freaking new-mommy. Right about now, she'd outlaw the color blue, if Oprah said so.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Sunday, March 29, 2009 11:05 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Weeble....simple solution here for you. Tell her you can't come over, until she gets rid of all her kitchen knives and steak knives. They make you nervous. What you have there is a control-freaking new-mommy. Right about now, she'd outlaw the color blue, if Oprah said so.

I was thinking the same thing.... she probably wont even let her eat white bread (wheat only) when she's old enough...

I grew up poor eating all kinds of crap and we had loaded guns laying around the house..... and I grew up just fine....

Although I was educated on guns at an early age.... knew where all the guns where and not to touch them unless someone broke into the house and they where trying to hurt us (than I was suppposed to grab one and shoot them)

I shot my first .38 Special at the age of 7.

I already brought up the kitchen knife thing.... and she said that doesn't count..... when I asked her how... she didn't have an answer..... she's just one of those poeple that would roll over and die if anything really bad ever happened war wise inside our country..... hell I bet she'll be the first one in line to get the new tracer chip implanted in her hand when they come out too.

I'm starting to realize that we are just to different to really be friends anymore..... wich sucks.... but whatcha gunna do.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search