Global warming, Climate Change, and Drop Dead Fred. - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Global warming, Climate Change, and Drop Dead Fred.
Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:26 AM on j-body.org
I'm not bothering to google sources here, so don't ask.

Anybody else remember back in school....we learned that the first men in North America came across an ice land-bridge on the Beiring Straight? (between Siberia and N.America)

Anybody ever read about Egypt and Ethiopia, (back during the heyday of the roman empire) were at the time, the bread-basket of the world? Rome exacted tribute from Egypt in the form of grain, and Ethiopia was a prosperous land.

Anybody else remember hearing how glaciers, during the last IceAge, scooped out our natural lakes in the USA? We heard that's how the Great Lakes were formed.

Anyone else reading this in their 30's remember our kindergarten teachers talking about the next IceAge? Google stories from the 70's + 80's. Major news mags reported on it.

1) Why did that ice-land bridge melt? Were the folks back then ruining the environment by burning wood on their cooking fires?

2) What happened to Egypt and Ethiopia? You can only blame deforestation for so much. Why is that part of the world mostly desert now?

3) Some of the best dinosaur fossil dig sites are in desert lands. (the Gobi desert, the deserts of the American West)
Since we all know that dinosaurs needed greenery to eat, to support the carnivores, not to mention all the water they'd drink......what happened?

Why is it no one else is bringing this up, and we all just accept the fallacy of "cllimate change" It used to be the drumbeat of global warming, but the Earth isn't actually getting hotter, so we need to call it something subjective.

Who's driving this crusade? (it aint just O.B.ama and his ilk.) Who stands to gain the most from this new frontier of innovation, needed to combat this global threat? Who is lobbying for the laws that would require the use of "green" technology?

Which politicians are fattening their campaign coffers from the aforementioned lobbyists? (on a side note, are the congressman that oppose "green" crap getting junkets from Exxon?)

I think your should recycle where applicable and free. I think it is economically sound to drive a fuel efficient car. We shouldn't leave lights on all over the house, when we aren't in the room. It is stupid to throw your McD's wrapper out the window, and criminal to dump industrial waste into the rivers and let it leak into the soil.

But c'mon......

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Global warming, Climate Change, and Drop Dead Fred.
Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:29 PM on j-body.org
If you look up some information on it, there are actually reports of other planets that are warming up as well. They attribute this to a change in solar activity.

Now, I'm not saying we are making no impact whatsoever on our environment, because seriously, look at all the pollution we're throwing into our atmosphere. We may not be the single cause for unhappy polar bears, but we sure ain't helping.

Thursday, May 28, 2009 1:30 PM on j-body.org
There is more and more evidence emerging all the time that diffuses the whole global warming myth, and proves that we are simply in another cycle that the planet has gone through before. Also, we are entering a cooling trend at the moment. That in itself throws out the whole argument.

What I find funny is that we have evidences all around us that the water level of this planet was higher by far in history than it is now, so why the whole scare? Look at all of the areas in the world that were once under water, such as the canyons where rivers once were hundreds of feet higher.

Quite frankly, the entire thought that we can drasticly effect this planet, which has endured for billions of years--with major events such as impacts from meteors drasticly effecting the climate, and survived--is simply arrogant. We are not that significant in the big picture.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 4:59 PM on j-body.org
im on the fence on this one. i dont buy into the whole global warming thing, but i would like to see a change in the attitudes as us as a civilasation. we waste so much, throw away so much are just complete gluttons. it would be nice to see humanity change for the better but it seems most people just find it easier and layzier to change for the worse.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, May 30, 2009 8:55 PM on j-body.org
Yes.... we as a human race suck....... and yes global warming is a load of BS

We really think so highly of ourselves that we think we can kill the planet? ..... LOL..... you have to be kidding me.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 9:25 PM on j-body.org
I love you!

We will run out of Petrol when we run out a lava....

funny how gas prices are going back up.... almost as if there is no threat of us digging for our own anymore has given them the idea of not having to compete for the market.....

askldfjasdklfja

Can we hit them with a 20MT already?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, May 31, 2009 5:54 AM on j-body.org
yeah but the truth is we don't produce anywhere near what we use. so if a few countries decide to just gouge us we can't make enough to support ourselves. now things do turn into world war 3 and the entire world kills itself on a bunch of nukes or whatnot.

blow them up and end their oil supply would destroy our country. we dont have the resources to support our own countries oil as it is. by the time u blow then up then open up our territories to actually start uppping production our country would be in chaos and shutdown.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, May 31, 2009 9:02 AM on j-body.org
so we start opeaning up MI, TX and AK....

THEN make them "pay" for giving them there country back.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, May 31, 2009 10:45 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:We will run out of Petrol when we run out a lava....

funny how gas prices are going back up.... almost as if there is no threat of us digging for our own anymore has given them the idea of not having to compete for the market.....

askldfjasdklfja

Can we hit them with a 20MT already?

Chris

Assuming "20MT" are drop bombs (ignorant on this). If you do this to our oil supliers, you would actually be blowing up the north and south part of the US with it. Not a bright move.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Sunday, May 31, 2009 12:44 PM on j-body.org
Glass can be Chipped through*

No, Nuking them is not the answer.......

Daisy cutters on there city's........maybe?
Iran*

Chris

Monday, June 01, 2009 6:56 AM on j-body.org
We have the oil here. Just have not been allowed to drill for it or build NEW refineries to process it.

Monday, June 01, 2009 9:44 AM on j-body.org
^^ bingo ^^

Thank-you greeny-rainbows!!

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Monday, June 01, 2009 9:57 PM on j-body.org
How did this turn into a OIL thread.... it was supposed to be about how Al Gore is full of crap...

but oh well....

WE ARE NOT DEPENDENT ON FOREIGN OIL .... we just want to be the last country that runs out of it so we arnt using ours and stock piling it instead...

Monday, June 01, 2009 10:10 PM on j-body.org
Uhhhh who care if Global Warming isn't real?? Oil and Gas still suck and won't last forever.

Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Tuesday, June 02, 2009 4:09 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:How did this turn into a OIL thread.... it was supposed to be about how Al Gore is full of crap...

because egore says warming it because of oil.

no, we will not run out, ever hear of conservation of mass and energy?

Chris

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 4:36 AM on j-body.org
BlackEco wrote:Oil and Gas still suck and won't last forever.

This is questionable. There is evidence that it does, in fact, replenish.

Here is one article I've seen regarding this.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 4:59 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

You believe that oil replenishes itself, but you you believe in infinite exponential growth?

Recessions aside - the demand for oil only grows. Apparently you think... that this can be sustained forever?

Solar power on the other hand - has a better solution (I'm not talking just electricity).

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:53 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:

There is evidence that rich choclately and tasty Cocopuffs will materialize by chance in my food pantry, but not at the rate I am eating them!

HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Tuesday, June 02, 2009 8:20 AM on j-body.org
BlackEco wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:

There is evidence that rich choclately and tasty Cocopuffs will materialize by chance in my food pantry, but not at the rate I am eating them!

god those things are popping up all over my house and i dont like the things.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 1:17 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:
BlackEco wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:

god those things are popping up all over my house and i dont like the things.

Don't tell your neighbors they might accuse you of building bombs and come in a clean out all your puffs.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 7:10 PM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:
You believe that oil replenishes itself, but you you believe in infinite exponential growth?

Recessions aside - the demand for oil only grows. Apparently you think... that this can be sustained forever?

Solar power on the other hand - has a better solution (I'm not talking just electricity).

Yes I do.

Chris

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 11:58 PM on j-body.org
What about the stuff Coskata Industries is doing with GM atm?

They figured out how to take a bunch of trash from the junkyard and make highly usable fuel out of it without hardly any waste.... and even the waste is usable for other things like building roads.

honestly.... all wee need to do is find a non petrol based form of lubrication for engines and where gold..... we are soo close to not needing oil at all that ist not even funny.... we just wont push ourselves over the edge because we still have oil... but way before the time we run out... we wont need it anymore so I dont see what the big deal is.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 4:46 AM on j-body.org
its just were at the small stages of all of this, it works for allot of things on the small scale, but when you start getting into the amount needed to run the entire nation the costs go up well above oil. and if the costs are higher then oil america just wont buy it.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 9:20 AM on j-body.org
Ships and Pollution

might put a new perspective on automotive pollution and the waste of time that CARB is... Thought it might be relevant to this topic.
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 12:34 PM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:

If our use continues to increase at it's current growth rate, it will not sustain forever, but it will last far longer than anyone is predicting. However, environmentalist whack-job agendas aside, there will be a peaking point where we start to move back away from fossil fuels in many industries simply because the alternatives will become more affordable. It's just a matter of time before the technologies have that cost-effectiveness breakthrough. The thing is that by forcing the issue, it's going to hurt the economy severely.

We're not that far off from the heating and cooling industry begins to turn more heavily to solar and geothermal, because the cost/benefit ratio is getting better all the time. As soon as photo-voltaic technology starts dropping in cost considerable, there will be more and more electrical generation from it. Couple that with battery technology improving, and we'll be moving the electrical power generation away from fossil fuel as well.

The point is that we will decrease our use down to well within the balance point of repleneshment exceeding extraction long before we reach the point of using it up.

And BlackEco, LOL at the Cocopuffs.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search