Terrorist attacks IRS building - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Terrorist attacks IRS building
Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:36 PM on j-body.org
I was not trying to be a smart ass Gt....

Just being straight forward.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:44 AM on j-body.org
I wouldnt call him a terrorist, I'de just call him a guy that finally snapped and lost it.

And his plane must not have been sitting on a treadmill that day

Some people just have thier breaking points, and some people handle it differently then others.... he just snapped and went crazy, he wasnt a terrorist.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:20 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:I wouldnt call him a terrorist, I'de just call him a guy that finally snapped and lost it.

And his plane must not have been sitting on a treadmill that day

Some people just have thier breaking points, and some people handle it differently then others.... he just snapped and went crazy, he wasnt a terrorist.

ask yourself this, if he were muslim would he still not be considered a terrorist? would he still be just someone that snapped?

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 11:12 AM on j-body.org
If a guy drives his car through the front window of a building and kills someone is this as big of a deal? Probably not, people are associating the fact he was flying an airplane with terrorism, obviously the other factors lead to the guy just snapping. Out of curiosity though, does the airplane make it terrorism?

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 11:53 AM on j-body.org
If he were a Muslim, he'd have killed a lot of infidels in the process. Why risk the wrath of glorious allah, by not doing it right.

I don expect honest responses from the feel-gooders, but honestly if you were presented with a lineup of suspects. ( 3 white, 2 black, 2 Japanese, 2 Latinos, and a swarthy looking-hook nosed middle easterner.... And were told that one of these were apprehended tryin to detonate a vest bomb in the santa claus line in the mall.....who would you honestly be suspicious of? Oh, that's right, movies have conditioned us to think that way.....

Being middle eastern doesn't make you very likely to be a terrorist, but being a terrorist makes you very likely to be a middle easterner.....or a chezchen.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:19 PM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:I was not trying to be a smart ass Gt....

Just being straight forward.

Chris

Not a problem. I respect that you were a "stand-up guy," to the very least.

Weebel wrote:I wouldnt call him a terrorist, I'de just call him a guy that finally snapped and lost it.

Read his motives, look what he did, read the definition of terrorism/terrorist on the first page (dictionary and FBI versions) and explain to me how he can not be considered as such?
I mean, the definition does not say say you have be an outsider, be muslim, read the Koran and be affiliated to the Al-Qaeda or Taliban now does it?

ScottaWhite wrote:If he were a Muslim, he'd have killed a lot of infidels in the process. Why risk the wrath of glorious allah, by not doing it right.

Where did this guy aim again with two tanks full of fuel? I don't think this guy was giving free shuttle services to the airport now was he?

Quote:

I don expect honest responses from the feel-gooders, but honestly if you were presented with a lineup of suspects. ( 3 white, 2 black, 2 Japanese, 2 Latinos, and a swarthy looking-hook nosed middle easterner.... And were told that one of these were apprehended tryin to detonate a vest bomb in the santa claus line in the mall.....who would you honestly be suspicious of? Oh, that's right, movies have conditioned us to think that way.....

With this train of thought, the surrounding folks next to the evil guy, would be dead. Why? Just because the movies does not really portray reality that any race, religion, culture, sex can be a suspect. What is sad, people who believe like this are a large scale majority, so much so, that the underwear bomber went on a passenger plane undetected just because he was black. It was fortunate nothing happened, but the sheer ignorance of what a terrorist is, and to then just focus on one group; the only thing it does is create recipe for disaster, only because they don't know or can't accept any better.
I can honestly say I'm glad that some of you are not TSA, or air marshals, or any type of enforcement, because if you were, security would be as good as having Stevie Wonder at the door.

I can't believe I'm debating the obvious.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:11 PM on j-body.org
Oh no no no....if I had a say in who got checked, everybody'd get a pat down. Can't take more than extra 10 seconds per person. And believe me, I see a cat with som Akbar al Ahmed-type name coming through...break out out the probe, cuz we're gonna profile the crap outta him. Racial profiling isn't fool proof, but when the crimes in the neighborhood are mostly committed by a "certain race", then who should be getting extra attention. Now that ain't nice, but it's a lot more effective than "random" screenings which result in cops, congressman, and 80 yr old ladies being detained and searched.

With a handful of exceptions, the vast majority of large scale terrorist attacks going back to when I was a kid....were by committed by muslims/ Arabs. Blather on about the random white supremacist murderer, or some anti-abortion kook, but I am speaking the uncomfortable, look the other way truth.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:07 AM on j-body.org
Well ask yourself this.... if a mail carrier goes crazy and says "im gunna show them all" and shows up with an Ak47 and starts mowing people down, is he a terrorist? No he's not, he just a nut job.

Ususally for something to be considered terrorism, it has to be a group of people getting together and planning something, this was just one guy that was off his rocker.

Our government like to slap the word terrorism onto everything now adays, does "terrorist threats" from telling someone your gunna kick thier ass ring a bell? ITs a ploy by the government to skip certain judicial proccesses and gain more power over us.

Common sense should tell you the difference and getting hung up on a definition just doesnt work in this case.

The 911 attack, was an act of terrorism yes, but this just isnt. I'll admit that its pushing the line, but I just wouldnt call this terrorism.

And the real question you need to ask is "does it really matter if it is or not"? who f-ing cares what you want to call it..... we know what happened, what he did, and why, thats all we need to know and its good enough. Just take the act for what it actually is and stop trying to label it with a meaningless name, because that part doesnt matter..... who cares what you want to call it, the outcome and what happened is still the same...

Dont be a left wing nut job and try to label everything under a certain catagory.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:38 AM on j-body.org
we label everything in this world weeble. even you labeling those questioning wether he's a terrorist as left weing nut jobs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:59 AM on j-body.org
It was an example LOL

But my point is that there isnt a need to label this one way or another, and that we need to be carefull what we call terrorism and just not slap the name on everything.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 9:03 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:Oh no no no....if I had a say in who got checked, everybody'd get a pat down. Can't take more than extra 10 seconds per person. And believe me, I see a cat with som Akbar al Ahmed-type name coming through...break out out the probe, cuz we're gonna profile the crap outta him. Racial profiling isn't fool proof, but when the crimes in the neighborhood are mostly committed by a "certain race", then who should be getting extra attention. Now that ain't nice, but it's a lot more effective than "random" screenings which result in cops, congressman, and 80 yr old ladies being detained and searched.

Screen all the same, that way when you can avoid another incident like the underwear bomber. Besides, you do understand that a typical middle-easterner can physically pass as Central American descendant and they can change their name, right? In your case, if the ticket say Jose Gonzalez and he is brown, you will let him pass by with a light tap and on he goes to the plane with a 50lbs bomb, only because he didn't have a Arab name? Do you see a failure with your motto?

Quote:

With a handful of exceptions, the vast majority of large scale terrorist attacks going back to when I was a kid....were by committed by muslims/ Arabs. Blather on about the random white supremacist murderer, or some anti-abortion kook, but I am speaking the uncomfortable, look the other way truth.

You must be living in Israel only then.

Weebel wrote:Well ask yourself this.... if a mail carrier goes crazy and says "im gunna show them all" and shows up with an Ak47 and starts mowing people down, is he a terrorist? No he's not, he just a nut job.

Ususally for something to be considered terrorism, it has to be a group of people getting together and planning something, this was just one guy that was off his rocker.

Our government like to slap the word terrorism onto everything now adays, does "terrorist threats" from telling someone your gunna kick thier ass ring a bell? ITs a ploy by the government to skip certain judicial proccesses and gain more power over us.

The mail carrier is a horrible scenario, just because he was not out there trying to change the system to his/her liking; that's what differentiates a nut job and a terrorist. When you result to violence to change political, or dislike their religious beliefs you are indeed a terrorist.

I will agree with you that government does throw the name terrorist all over the place; Later we go to wars with them when they are labeled as such. Another example of mislabeling is when you have people over in Iraq or Afganistan blowing US soldiers up just because they want them out of there. Some folks can't comprehend if the tables were turned here and we had no military, I really don't think we would be welcoming the enemy with a keg of beer. So yes, I agree with you that government does throw the terrorist label around, it just so happen it is in the wrong areas, or where money can be made.

Quote:

Common sense should tell you the difference and getting hung up on a definition just doesnt work in this case.

The 911 attack, was an act of terrorism yes, but this just isnt. I'll admit that its pushing the line, but I just wouldnt call this terrorism.

And the real question you need to ask is "does it really matter if it is or not"? who f-ing cares what you want to call it..... we know what happened, what he did, and why, thats all we need to know and its good enough. Just take the act for what it actually is and stop trying to label it with a meaningless name, because that part doesnt matter..... who cares what you want to call it, the outcome and what happened is still the same...

Dont be a left wing nut job and try to label everything under a certain catagory.

Heh, so what you are telling me that your version of a terrorist is a person or people that is/are sane ? lol

I brought a real world definition and the FBI's definition, here they match. That being said, what happened in on 9/11 is no different then the attack on the IRS. Both acted violently, both tried to do mass destruction, both attacked a symbolic establishment, both had motives that they didn't like or how things worked, both rammed fuel filled planes in protest.

Does it matter? Think about it, use your history, when we do label terrorism, where do we end up? I'll give you a hint, there is a hefty tab in the equation.

Lastly, I will label it accordingly; example with definition. If you don't want to accept it, because you got brainwashed into thinking something else, so be it. But don't rewrite the definition.
This actually reminds me of those folks who think ignorant means stupid. They hear it so many times the word "stupid" being replaced with "ignorant" in their sentence, that the receiver captures and believes that the sentence is correct, and the chain continues of mislabeling only because one was lazy to not pick up a dictionary.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 3:52 PM on j-body.org
http://www.cdi.org/terrorism/chronology.html

Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:31 PM on j-body.org
Ya I know the Mail carrier thing was a bad example.... I was just tired at the time.

Friday, February 26, 2010 6:02 AM on j-body.org
hey goodwrench, i actully agreed with your entire post.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, February 26, 2010 10:50 AM on j-body.org
^And believe me, there have been times I've agreed with you, Taestch and others here, but I don't post it much because i gotta watch the post count.

Scott, Chris was good to tell me what was his thoughts, so...
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Scott, what would be your definition/opinion of a terrorist or terrorism?

Friday, March 05, 2010 8:42 PM on j-body.org
Right-wing terrorism is nothing new. It's also far more prevalent, and usually more spectacular, than left wing activism.

This act fits the definition of terrorism perfectly. Sorry, extreme r-wingers...he done made y'all look even nuttier. Score one for the other team. Sucks when one of your own freaks out and pulls such sh!t, but what can ya do...the rightoric just seems to push a lot of wingnuts over the edge with its outrage and anger. Quit making people crazy, and they'll stop doing crazy sh!t like this. Easy fix.

Saturday, March 06, 2010 4:58 AM on j-body.org
Nice fail there, Bill. Did you even read his rant? He's not right-wing. He hated capitalism, he hated the rich, he thought the "evil corporations" in his area were in collusion to drive down wages--all left leaning beliefs. I already pointed all this out on page 1, which Goodwrench promptly ignored and carried on with the "is it terrorism or isn't it?" bickering.

Saturday, March 06, 2010 8:08 AM on j-body.org
Nice fail there, Quick. Did you even read your own post-rant before you slammed that "post" button? You just associated rightwingedy-ness with the very 'evil' you've been whining for months are 'negative stereotypes' the media just handily tacks on them. Way to do my work for me

Oh, and by the way...if his railing on the current administration isn't a shot at Big Government, which is a Right Wingnut staple, then I don't know what is. This is for others to read and understand, for you clearly are incapable of doing so:

The note was titled "Well Mr. Big Brother IRS Man … take my pound of flesh and sleep well." It details years spent working and paying taxes, but not reaping the benefits of what he considered to be a functional government.

"I choose to not keep looking over my shoulder at 'big brother' while he strips my carcass, I choose not to ignore what is going on all around me, I choose not to pretend that business as usual won't continue; I have just had enough," the note reads.

"I can only hope that the numbers quickly get too big to be white washed and ignored that the American zombies wake up and revolt; it will take nothing less," he wrote.

Quick, you live in a vacuum. You could spin Rush Limbaugh as a leftie if it fit your need at the time. The good thing is, most people who read your asininity are smart enough not to fall for it. You're essentially harmless.

Saturday, March 06, 2010 9:12 AM on j-body.org
Bill,
Remember these?
"I'm not a crook"
"Mr.Gorbachev, tear down that wall"
"Read my lips, no new taxes"
"I did not have a sexual relationship"
"You are with us or against us'

I know you know what they are, but for those that don't, those are called "sound bites." And some people just love them, they disregard the whole picture and just summarize the scene or person with a 10 word sentence.
Here is no different, this guy wrote a sketchy message or "sound bite" on communism and to some, they completely disregard 6 pages of his belief and mission, as if (big-shock) they just want adhere to what they want to hear or read.

---------
Now this guy sounds a little loony, but at the same time, I wonder if they labeled him that because of what he believed. lol
Quote:

Family and friends now paint a portrait of a troubled man who sank deep into mental illness and anti-government rants, even as his mother — a nursing instructor — tried to seek help.

Story found here.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100306/ap_on_re_us/us_pentagon_metro_shooting

Saturday, March 06, 2010 2:04 PM on j-body.org
Right you are, Goodwrench.

Weebel wrote:Well ask yourself this.... if a mail carrier goes crazy and says "im gunna show them all" and shows up with an Ak47 and starts mowing people down, is he a terrorist? No he's not, he just a nut job.

Actually, yes. That would be an act of terrorism too, albeit on a less specatcular scale.

Here's a fairly well-reasoned definition of Terrorism. Version 1 applies to your psycho postal worker example. Ver. 2 is our plane-crashing nutjob. Ver. 3 is Al Qaeda, et al.

terrorism (usually uncountable; plural terrorisms)

1. The deliberate commission of an act of violence to create an emotional response through the suffering of the victims in the furtherance of a political or social agenda.
2. Violence against civilians to achieve military or political objectives.
3. A psychological strategy of war for gaining political or religious ends by deliberately creating a climate of fear among the population of a state.

Saturday, March 06, 2010 2:36 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Now this guy sounds a little loony, but at the same time, I wonder if they labeled him that because of what he believed. lol
Quote:

Family and friends now paint a portrait of a troubled man who sank deep into mental illness and anti-government rants, even as his mother — a nursing instructor — tried to seek help.

Story found here.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100306/ap_on_re_us/us_pentagon_metro_shooting

This fella is precisely what I mean when I say the right-extremists are driving people over the edge. It's as if they either have no idea, or just flat do not care, that their militaristic rabble-rousing is making some already-edgy people fall into the abyss and lose all control. I fear we may be seeing just the beginning.

Sunday, March 07, 2010 8:50 AM on j-body.org
You son, owe your life style to people that were called :rabble rouses in there own time.

You know that, just don't want to admit it.

But Blaming others for there own actions... that seems to be a growing trend for people these days.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Sunday, March 07, 2010 11:35 PM on j-body.org
Jesus Christ. You are so inebriated by the idiots you willingly allow to push your primitive buttons.

Suggestion: Indulge your 'freedoms' and go drive some more freaks like the ones highlighted in this thread over the edge. Sure, maybe they can follow your silly-ass example and bark their muzzleloaders at some Redcoats while dumping crates of Tea into the harbor. However, as that was 300 years ago, I doubt they'll actully do much more than fly planes into buildings and/or kill innocents in acts of 'civil disobedience'.

Or perhaps instead you could get your head out of your dark regions and finally understand that the premise of Colonialists taking on King George is about as applicable to today's era as THIS act of defiance:

Right Wing Rabble Rousing: An Analogy

Monday, March 08, 2010 5:24 AM on j-body.org
lol @ "right wing terrorism" and "left wing activism".

As if there's a difference. But nice wording.

Monday, March 08, 2010 8:58 AM on j-body.org
Find some Left Wing Terrorists to fully counterpoint the current spate of pushed-over-the-edge Right Wingnuts shooting and blowing things up, and your comment might have some meaning.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search