What's the best form of government? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What's the best form of government?
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:09 AM on j-body.org
For any of you that want to do any studying up
click for forms of government

Longevity would dictate that a theocracy is best considering that ancient Egypt lasted over 3000 years. But I doubt any of us peons want to start building pyramids any time soon.

My pick goes for a Constitutional monarchy. A lot of countrys have done very well using this form of government. Examples include: Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Belize, Cambodia, Canada, Denmark, Japan, Jordan, Liechtenstein, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Morocco, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Thailand and the United Kingdom.

Now Discuss

Re: What's the best form of government?
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:14 AM on j-body.org
I'm also a big fan of a Parliamentary form of government (as in the UK). Coalitions are formed, more than two parties will have actual viability...new elections can be called anytime...prime ministers can be removed on a vote of "no confidence" anytime.

It's representative government, but without all the shackles that make American "democracy" so hogtied.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:01 PM on j-body.org
representative government ala the us prior to the progressive and liberalism movements.
I would say there should be tougher requirements on who is allowed to run, things like knowing the constitution, and term limits in all forms of government.
Removing gerrymandering of districts, reducing the federal governments usage of the commerce clause, requirement to have a balanced budget, removal of the union government worker.

Just things off the top of my head as I work today.

edit: I would like to see a more UK parliamentary discussion set up. I used to love watching Tony Blair when they were in session, you had to be on your toes and well informed at all times or be taken to task.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:03 PM

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:02 PM on j-body.org
Communism.

NOT!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:05 PM on j-body.org
I drive a silver car wrote:Communism.

NOT!

enroute as we speak, more of the chicom version than the stalin version, but the train is moving. November is coming though.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:28 PM on j-body.org
Don't forget that there are two different structures of a country. Not only do you have the government structure, but you have an economic structure. Communism, for example, is not a government structure, it's an economic one. The strength of a country is derived from both the ability to protect itself, and the ability to produce it's wealth. In ancient history, much of the production of wealth had to do with the natural resources of a nation (gold in the Egypt, for example).

While I believe the representative republic we have to be a great system, it needs some revisions to make it stronger, and less susceptible to abuse of power. For one thing, term limits on every office, and the ability to call no-confidence votes, would both go a long way here. Your representative is going against the wills of their electorate? Vote them out now, without waiting for the term to end (some states have this ability, called recall elections). Shorten terms. Senators should hold a 2 year term just as Representatives. Under the argument of continuity, 50 should be elected each year.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:31 PM on j-body.org
Anarchy. Duh.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:44 PM on j-body.org
None at all i don't need some power hungry and greedy ass government telling me what to do and trying to dictate my life . Every single form of government needs to be removed from this earth they all suck anyways and all you need to do is look at the usa government .

I hate the government .....

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 1:50 PM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:Don't forget that there are two different structures of a country. Not only do you have the government structure, but you have an economic structure. Communism, for example, is not a government structure, it's an economic one. The strength of a country is derived from both the ability to protect itself, and the ability to produce it's wealth. In ancient history, much of the production of wealth had to do with the natural resources of a nation (gold in the Egypt, for example).

While I believe the representative republic we have to be a great system, it needs some revisions to make it stronger, and less susceptible to abuse of power. For one thing, term limits on every office, and the ability to call no-confidence votes, would both go a long way here. Your representative is going against the wills of their electorate? Vote them out now, without waiting for the term to end (some states have this ability, called recall elections). Shorten terms. Senators should hold a 2 year term just as Representatives. Under the argument of continuity, 50 should be elected each year.

true.

I believe a "direct" democracy would make alot more sense than a representative democracy. things have changed alot in 300 years. the use of representatives to "represent" millions of people doesn't seem to be working so great anymore.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:12 PM on j-body.org
John H wrote:None at all i don't need some power hungry and greedy ass government telling me what to do and trying to dictate my life . Every single form of government needs to be removed from this earth they all suck anyways and all you need to do is look at the usa government .

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:00 PM on j-body.org
Thought this was fitting. LOL

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:17 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:I'm also a big fan of a Parliamentary form of government (as in the UK). Coalitions are formed, more than two parties will have actual viability...new elections can be called anytime...prime ministers can be removed on a vote of "no confidence" anytime.

It's representative government, but without all the shackles that make American "democracy" so hogtied.

definitely gotta agree with bill. i loved learning about the UK's governmental structure in my comparative politics class. it's pretty damn fascinating.

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:25 PM on j-body.org
Lots of good things in this thread, and then there's John...
John H wrote:None at all i don't need some power hungry and greedy ass government telling me what to do and trying to dictate my life . Every single form of government needs to be removed from this earth they all suck anyways and all you need to do is look at the usa government .

There are plenty of government-less third-world countries out there for you to pick from

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:36 PM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:Lots of good things in this thread, and then there's John...

There are plenty of government-less third-world countries out there for you to pick from

I hear Africa is nice this time of year.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:13 PM on j-body.org
Do you people really need a government doing your thinking for you or are you like religious people thinking their is a invisible man( i believe in god but seriously don't know if such a thing exists ) in the sky that will do your thinking for you .

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:23 PM on j-body.org
John H wrote:Do you people really need a government doing your thinking for you or are you like religious people thinking their is a invisible man( i believe in god but seriously don't know if such a thing exists ) in the sky that will do your thinking for you .

A limited government should be there to do two things:

1) Protect it's citizens against crime
2) Protect it's citizens against attacks from another country

Outside of that, the rest is debatable, but you really have to be nuts to argue against those two.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:57 PM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:
John H wrote:Do you people really need a government doing your thinking for you or are you like religious people thinking their is a invisible man( i believe in god but seriously don't know if such a thing exists ) in the sky that will do your thinking for you .

1) Protect it's citizens against crime
2) Protect it's citizens against attacks from another country

Outside of that, the rest is debatable, but you really have to be nuts to argue against those two.
No @!#$. John, maybe you have no experience with human greed? I find it hard to believe none of your theories touch on that... What about the Buildenburg(?) group?
Quik, greed extends to the economic front, too...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:16 PM on j-body.org

1) Protect it's citizens against crime - If you got guns you can protect yourself and your family from crime .
2) Protect it's citizens against attacks from another country - (I've wanted to say this for so long) Terrorists from other country's don't scare me they have no reason to invade us they're smarter then that i'd be more worried about the government or ABC agency's ( cia , nsa , fbi , etc ) conducting a false flag attack against our own country and using that as a pretext for war ( yes that sounds crazy but i don't give two @!#$s what you people think ) news or government tells me to be scared of terrorists i laugh at them , regular sheeple would be shaking in their shoes and hand over their freedoms and liberties away but not me .

But unfortunately i have to deal with the government for now .

" Mark Twain "
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:44 PM on j-body.org
John H wrote:

1) Protect it's citizens against crime - If you got guns you can protect yourself and your family from crime .
2) Protect it's citizens against attacks from another country - (I've wanted to say this for so long) Terrorists from other country's don't scare me they have no reason to invade us they're smarter then that i'd be more worried about the government or ABC agency's ( cia , nsa , fbi , etc ) conducting a false flag attack against our own country and using that as a pretext for war ( yes that sounds crazy but i don't give two @!#$s what you people think ) news or government tells me to be scared of terrorists i laugh at them , regular sheeple would be shaking in their shoes and hand over their freedoms and liberties away but not me .

I respect that. I never thought to view it that way.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:08 PM on j-body.org
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:
John H wrote:

I respect that. I never thought to view it that way.

Hey thanks man and to everyone i respect your opinions and your view points but again we all have differing opinions and beliefs so that comes into play here but i guess that's the war forum .

" Mark Twain "
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:16 PM on j-body.org
Interesting. John, are you always with the wife and children? Do you grow your own food, have a well for water, use no electricity? If not (and you're posting online, so no), you are likely working a job. Do you work from home? Never leave the house? If not, all the guns in the world won't protect your house and family when you're not there. Also, I enjoy not being constantly paranoid that everyone is out to get me

As far as not having to worry about attacks from other countries, terrorists aren't what Quik wasn't referring to. I'm fairly sure all of history clearly demonstrates a trend of expansion through conquering. Everyone naturally wants to make everyone else just like them and remove those who aren't, whether it's by eliminating political opponents, religious opponents, or racial opponents. It's the animal instinct, territory equals power. If you think we could drop our military entirely and not have to worry about all the countries we have stepped on and pissed on over the last two hundred years, well, I'm just glad you're not in charge

Remember, it's not just opposeable thumbs that have made the human race the dominant species on Earth. The Neanderthals may have won over their direct rivals through shear power and determination, but it's our social structure which has kept us on top and made your life as enjoyable as it is.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:45 PM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:Interesting. John, are you always with the wife and children? Do you grow your own food, have a well for water, use no electricity? If not (and you're posting online, so no), you are likely working a job. Do you work from home? Never leave the house? If not, all the guns in the world won't protect your house and family when you're not there. Also, I enjoy not being constantly paranoid that everyone is out to get me

As far as not having to worry about attacks from other countries, terrorists aren't what Quik wasn't referring to. I'm fairly sure all of history clearly demonstrates a trend of expansion through conquering. Everyone naturally wants to make everyone else just like them and remove those who aren't, whether it's by eliminating political opponents, religious opponents, or racial opponents. It's the animal instinct, territory equals power. If you think we could drop our military entirely and not have to worry about all the countries we have stepped on and pissed on over the last two hundred years, well, I'm just glad you're not in charge

Remember, it's not just opposeable thumbs that have made the human race the dominant species on Earth. The Neanderthals may have won over their direct rivals through shear power and determination, but it's our social structure which has kept us on top and made your life as enjoyable as it is.

Um no i'm single unfortunately but oh well and no i don't grow my own food kinda wish i did considering all the @!#$ you buy at grocerie stores is processed crap that has no real nutrition ,guns only protect you when you got them on your person but them by themselves are useless . I'm not worried about the government coming to get me i'm not a real threat to them but if they do it shows how paranoid they are which i'm sure there are lots of paranoid idiots who work in government .

I wish i was in charge maybe there would be some real change in this world but we all have puppets for leaders so no real change ever gets done just look at obama .

Ignorance is bliss for sheeple .

" Mark Twain "
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 9:48 PM on j-body.org
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:For any of you that want to do any studying up
click for forms of government

Longevity would dictate that a theocracy is best considering that ancient Egypt lasted over 3000 years. But I doubt any of us peons want to start building pyramids any time soon.

My pick goes for a Constitutional monarchy. A lot of countrys have done very well using this form of government. Examples include: Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Belize, Cambodia, Canada, Denmark, Japan, Jordan, Liechtenstein, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Morocco, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Thailand and the United Kingdom.

Now Discuss

Longevity of any government does not really equal "as best." This is not like a car, where you need longevity for a vehicle to go from point A to B and the one that did it the most reliably, was deemed the best. In government's case, some stay because there was not a better idea, or it was not brought down because of fear, or lack of education to know what you're dealing with. Religion frowned upon the latter in fear of protests.

The more you learn on any "ism" the more you'll see it has its good and bad, more so on one side for each.
To me the best would be a Utopia.

John H,
You would probably like Switzerland or Costa Rica, as they use their population as their military. History has shown, when the population is armed and most importantly--trained, you'll have a less chance of your country being bullied.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Thursday, August 19, 2010 4:06 AM on j-body.org
Seeing people as disturbed and angry about our world as John H helps me better understand the suicide rate.

Thursday, August 19, 2010 8:21 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Seeing people as disturbed and angry about our world as John H helps me better understand the suicide rate.

Only american sheeple commit suicide cause they can't handle the real world around them and once they realize the world is not as how you see it in @!#$ty reality tv , what's really going on and know the truth then they commit suicide cause as anyone will tell you america is a nation full of pussies ( the brainwashed people are the pussies in america ) go back to living your life in denial you coward .

" Mark Twain "
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search