Vaccines now supposed to prevent heart attacks . - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vaccines now supposed to prevent heart attacks .
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:09 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

The dramatic decline in mortality rates at all ages during the last 200 years in most human populations can be attributed to four broad causes: (1) increases in household income and associated improvements in nutrition, housing quality, and standards of living, (2) investments in public works (e.g., sanitation systems, garbage disposal, water quality, roads) and public health interventions (e.g., quarantines, mosquito eradication, vaccination), (3) changes in beliefs about disease causation and concomitant behavioral changes (e.g., hygiene, better treatment of illness), and (4) improvements in medical technology (e.g., pharmaceuticals, medical practices, vaccine development).

That's funny, from all the crap you're spewing, I'd assume vaccinations would not be an attributing factor to improved mortality rates.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 11:26 PM on j-body.org
National Network for Immunization Information wrote:Vaccine Effectiveness

Do vaccines work?

Yes. Vaccination is one of the greatest achievements of medicine and has spared millions of people the effects of devastating diseases.

Before vaccines became widely used, infectious diseases killed thousands of children and adults each year in the United States:

* Before 1985, Haemophilus Influenzae type b (Hib) caused serious infections in 20,000 children each year, including meningitis (12,000 cases) and pneumonia (7,500 cases).[fn]Bisgard KM, Kao A, Leake J, et al. Haemophilus influenzae invasive disease in the United States, 1994-1995: Near disappearance of a vaccine-preventable childhood disease. Emerging Infectious Diseases 1998;4(2):229-237.[/fn] In 2002, there were 34 cases of Hib disease.
* In the 1964-1965 epidemic, there were 12.5 million cases of rubella (German measles).[fn]Atkinson W, Wolfe C, Humiston S, Nelson R, eds. Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases. (The Pink Book) 6th ed. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2000.[/fn] Of the 20,000 infants born with congenital rubella syndrome, 11,600 were deaf, 3,580 were blind, and 1,800 were mentally retarded as a result of the infection.[fn value=”2”][/fn] There were 9 cases of rubella in 2004 and only four cases of congenital rubella between 2001 and 2004.
* Before 1963, more than 3 million cases of measles and 500 deaths from measles were reported each year.[fn value=”2”][/fn] More than 90% of children had measles by age 15.[fn value=”2”][/fn] In 2002, there were 44 cases of measles
* In 1952, polio paralyzed more than 21,000 people.[fn value=”2”][/fn] In 2002, there were no cases of polio in the United States.
* In the early 1940s, there was an average of 175,000 cases of pertussis (whooping cough) per year, resulting in the deaths of 8,000 children annually.[fn value=”2”][/fn] In 2002, 9,771 cases were reported.
* In the 1920s, there were 100,000 to 200,000 cases of diphtheria each year and 13,000 people died from the disease.[fn value=”2”][/fn] In 2002, there was only one case of diphtheria in the United States.

As a result of the high level of immunization in the United States these diseases have declined to near zero.

Because of better hygiene and sanitation, hadn’t diseases already begun to disappear before vaccines were introduced?

No, they had not begun to disappear. In the 20th century, infectious diseases began to be better controlled because of improvements in hygiene and sanitation (clean water and pest control). However, the incidence of vaccine-preventable diseases only began to drop dramatically after the vaccines for those diseases were licensed and began to be used in large numbers of children.

* For example, there were about 500,000 reported cases and 500 deaths from measles each year before the measles vaccine was licensed in 1963.[fn value=”2”][/fn] In 2002, only 44 cases were reported in the United States.[fn]Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Epidemiology of measles—United States, 1998. MMWR 1999;48:749-753.[/fn]
* Since the Hib vaccine was introduced in 1985, serious Hib disease has declined from about 20,000 cases per year to 34 cases in 2002.[fn value=”1”][/fn][fn]Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Progress toward eliminating Haemophilus influenzae type b disease among infants and children — United States, 1987-1997. MMWR 1998;47:993-998.[/fn]

During an outbreak, aren’t the majority of people who catch a disease those who have been vaccinated?

Although vaccines have very high effectiveness rates, they are not completely effective for 100% of the people who receive them. For example, a full series of measles vaccine will protect 99 of 100 children from measles, and polio vaccine will protect 99 of 100 children from polio.[fn value=”2”][/fn] This means that when there is a disease outbreak, the very small number of people for whom the vaccine did not work may still be able to catch the disease. Because almost all of our children are immunized, and only few are not, it can be the case that during an epidemic the majority of cases occur among children who were immunized. However, the fact remains that those who have not received the vaccine are much more likely to catch the disease.

* By way of example, consider an actual measles outbreak in Colorado in December 1994.[fn]Vitek CR, Aduddell M, Brinton MJ, Hoffman RE, Redd SC. Increased protections during a measles outbreak of children previously vaccinated with a second dose of measles-mumps-rubella vaccine. Pediatric Infectious Diseases Journal 1999;18:620-623.[/fn] Out of 625 children exposed to the disease, 17 got measles. Of those 609 who had previously been vaccinated, only 10 (or 1.6 developed measles. Of the 16 children who were not immunized, 7 (or 44 developed measles. Thus, the risk for immunized children was less than 2% while the risk for unimmunized children was 44%.

If vaccine-preventable diseases have been virtually eliminated from the United States, why do American children need to be vaccinated?

Although many of these diseases have the potential to be eliminated, outbreaks of diphtheria, measles, and other vaccine-preventable diseases still occur.

* Children who are not vaccinated against measles are 35 times more likely than immunized children to catch the disease.[fn]Salmon DA, Haber M, Gangarosa E, Phillips L, Smith NJ, and Chen RT. Health consequences of religious and philosophical exemptions from immunization laws. JAMA 1999;282(1):47-53.[/fn] Ten years ago (during the 1989 to 1991 measles epidemic), state health departments in the United States reported 55,622 measles cases, 11,251 hospitalizations, and 125 deaths.[fn value=”2”][/fn][fn]Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Public-sector vaccination efforts in response to the resurgence of measles among preschool-aged children—United States, 1989-1991. MMWR 1992;41:522-525.[/fn] Research has shown that these epidemic numbers are due to the fact that in some areas only 50% of preschool-aged children had received the vaccine.[fn value=”2”][/fn]
* Without vaccines, the diseases we are now protected from will return. Thousands of children will become sick, some will have long-lasting health problems, and some will die.
* Other countries do not have the same levels of immunization that we benefit from in the United States. Therefore, we must all remain protected with vaccines because dangerous diseases largely under control in the United States are only a plane ride away.

http://www.immunizationinfo.org/parents/why-immunize

And here is a great page on the Center For Disease Control for goofballs like yourself: Evaluating Information on the Web

But I have a feeling you don't really care about vaccines, or any of this bologna you post about. You are clearly undereducated and unfamiliar with most, if not all of your discussion topics, which leads me to believe you are just an attention starved kid who likes to get frisky on the net. Fight the power man lol
Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:43 AM on j-body.org
^ that's clearly just a bunch of spoon-fed government propaganda to control your mind.

Check out my build thread!

Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:28 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:Did you guys see what that swine flu vaccine did to that poor cheerleader gave her dystonia ( sp ) made her all weird .

how many other hundreds or thousands of people did this happen too? or was it just one single isolated case. you do know that peoples bodies are diffrent, nobody is a carbon copy of another person. so there was something in this girls body that reacted badly to the medicine. does that mean. because one person had an issue that it shouldn't be put on the market to help out milllions of people. there is no way to gaurentee that something will be positivie for every single human being. so we should eat healthy. okay. what about that person that is alergic to carrots. should we stop making and selling carrots because a few people are allergic to them and could die.

myles do you know what a vaccine does? sure some people problaby got the shakes and didnt feel good. you inject a small part of the virus into your body to get your body to react to it, fight if off and build up immunity to it. getting the shakes isn't as bad as actually getting the flu. and me being older then you. well im assuming im older based on the way you present yourself, remember kids being just as hyper 20 years ago as they are now. i was a hyper kid.

again, myles. go look up smallpox. cured by a vaccine. chicken pocks, cured by a vacine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:49 PM on j-body.org
Look you guys can take all the vaccines you want seriously go right ahead nobody gives a crap . If we don't wanna take the vaccines oh well we can do whatever the @!#$ we want cause its our life . You guys seem like these religious nut-jobs who so badly believe in a god and think you know one exists but when somebody comes along and says " there is no god " or " i don't believe in god " and " i don't go to church " right away they bash you , call you the most horrible names you could imagine , say your going to hell .

If you guys don't like what we post here don't even come into this forum then its common sense really you guys should know this but i guess you don't too much vaccinations i guess haha .

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:08 PM on j-body.org
this is just as much our foums as it is yours. so we have just as much right to reply to posts you make as well. if you dont like what we post you can alsways leave.

really what your saying is that you should have the rigth to post all the goofy stuff you like and we should not have a right to reply to it? we seem like religious nut jobs and you two sound like conspricay theory kooks. tit for tat my friend. as for name calling i believe i remember hearing things like brainwashed sheepple and a few other names being thrown out there by someone as well. do you recall who were throwing those names out there? can't quite put my finger on it. hmmmm i must have forgotten. must be all the vaccines keeping the smallpox at bay frying my brain cells or something.

did you ever read the article you made this very post about to find out what they were saying about the issue? or are you still just posting basing everything off a subject heading.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:26 PM on j-body.org
I admit i called names too but you guys called them first i am only retaliating and yes you do have a right to come into these forums and post what you want but you guys just continue to bash like what do you expect us to do just bow down and accept it heck no man i won't do that and neither should anyone else .

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:28 PM on j-body.org
so its the ole he said it first routine eh? i dont feel like searching to see who called names first. but i have a feelign the first word thrown out was sheeple.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:14 PM on j-body.org
John H wrote:Look you guys can take all the vaccines you want seriously go right ahead nobody gives a crap . If we don't wanna take the vaccines oh well we can do whatever the @!#$ we want cause its our life . You guys seem like these religious nut-jobs who so badly believe in a god and think you know one exists but when somebody comes along and says " there is no god " or " i don't believe in god " and " i don't go to church " right away they bash you , call you the most horrible names you could imagine , say your going to hell .

If you guys don't like what we post here don't even come into this forum then its common sense really you guys should know this but i guess you don't too much vaccinations i guess haha .

You post things in a debate forum and get angry when people call your bull @!#$ out and dodge every bit of proof that was posted and ignore it. So why would we have to ignore posts? Are you angry that you didn't get the responce that you were looking for? Not enough nut swingers that are in the same mindset as you? If you don't want people to reply back with their own opinions then don't post here and especially do not post in a debate forum.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Friday, September 24, 2010 3:53 PM on j-body.org
You guys just bash how do you expect people to wanna debate with you .

" Mark Twain "
Friday, September 24, 2010 9:43 PM on j-body.org
John H wrote:You guys just bash how do you expect people to wanna debate with you .

yet you still post @!#$ here instead of moving on to a place where you can debate. You started it people posted proof and you decide to ignore it and move on due to being bashed. Most of the comments are not bashing you but showing you that your wrong. But you don't want to admit or see that.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Monday, September 27, 2010 5:43 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:You guys just bash how do you expect people to wanna debate with you .

your whole argument was that you just didn't beleive it no matter what. that you know it cant be true and its common sence. that doesnt give anyone anything to debate you. your just saying u dont belive it. If you want to debate, come up with a better arguement then you just dont believe it.

Monday, September 27, 2010 4:31 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:

your whole argument was that you just didn't beleive it no matter what. that you know it cant be true and its common sence. that doesnt give anyone anything to debate you. your just saying u dont belive it. If you want to debate, come up with a better arguement then you just dont believe it.

Lets just say i am new to debating i am not the smartest person alive and really don't want to be anyways the way i write makes it seem like i am crazy, have to get in my groove .

" Mark Twain "
Friday, October 01, 2010 1:20 PM on j-body.org
Ignore it, and it will go away.

Friday, October 01, 2010 3:16 PM on j-body.org
I already told you bill i ain't leaving so stop whining already.

" Mark Twain "
Saturday, October 02, 2010 11:35 AM on j-body.org
Cavie Freak aka E-Thug wrote:Really you believe that bull@!#$? Dystonia is not caused by @!#$ vaccines is a neurological disorder. Do some homework there have been many findings that disprove anything that she claims. There is more mercury in a @!#$ can of tuna then the flu vaccine. Try again foil hat boy. Maybe it was the aliens sending a warning message. hahaha

Um... actaly the Flu shot that I got on active duty for that H1N1 BS gave me first allergy's, then MS...

great sh!t.

Actually have to take a copaxson shot everyday now because of it, and go to the VA once a month for steroids to cut down on swelling.

Though, the shot that we received got taking out of the market, thank God....

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, October 04, 2010 8:15 AM on j-body.org
read this weekend a little article saying that polio is basically almost wiped out due to vacinations, that there are only 4 countries that stil have any issues with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 04, 2010 8:18 AM

Monday, October 04, 2010 8:57 AM on j-body.org
Vaccines are proven to work. This argument does not even exist, save for in the minds of paranoid delusionacs. It's a complete waste of time to even try to reason with such people.

Monday, October 04, 2010 4:04 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Vaccines are proven to work. This argument does not even exist, save for in the minds of paranoid delusionacs. It's a complete waste of time to even try to reason with such people.

Got facts to back that up any sources .

Quote:

read this weekend a little article saying that polio is basically almost wiped out due to vacinations, that there are only 4 countries that stil have any issues with it.

Source please .

Vaccines probably only work on people with immune deficiencies people that need them .

" Mark Twain "
Monday, October 04, 2010 5:41 PM on j-body.org
John H wrote:Vaccines probably only work on people with immune deficiencies people that need them .

Reason probably only works on people without intelligence deficiencies (people capable of logical thought).

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 5:20 AM on j-body.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poliomyelitis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6153574.stm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/nov/27/polio-india-immunisation
https://www.globalhealth.org/news/article/2322
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/world/3635694.html
few diffrent scources showing how its dwindling down.

"Vaccines probably only work on people with immune deficiencies people that need them ."

yeah your right. those people just happen to make up 99.999999999999% of the population though.

so basically chicken pox is gone. small pox is gone. they have just about wiped out polio. how many more diseases do you think they will have to cure with vaccines before you realise they are a good thing? do vacines screw some people up? sure. just like some people happen to be allergic to milk, or allergic to shellfish. those things can kill a few people as well. but when you take something that cures 10 million people and you want to sit there and say it doesnt work because 3 people had bad reactions to it. its just boggles my mind. thast like saying you dont wear a condom because they are only 95% effective.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 3:07 PM on j-body.org
^^ Yepper .

" Mark Twain "
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search