U.S. combat mission in Iraq officially over - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: U.S. combat mission in Iraq officially over
Thursday, October 07, 2010 4:13 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I must have to agree 100% with the post above.

Thanks man .

Quote:

okay first off. allot of the taliban that are attacking us are coming in from other countries, so for allot of them were not attacking them on there soil. were in there neighbors yard and they are jumping the fences to come attack us. your right they dont care about our freedoms. they just want to destroy our way of life because it goes against theirs. course you do know destroying our way of life is kinda like destroying our freedoms. you do know how our society runs right? destroy our banking and businesses and youve pretty much destroyed the country. and have you seen what happens to a country that has its goverment removed. if you just went over there. destroyed there whole way of surviving as a country and left, what do you think would happen? think about it. we have to stay there to make sure they have a good goverment set in place and the coutnry can survive. if not its just going to be taken over by people that are worse then the ones that were thrown out. you have to look beyond the basics. its not a simple go over there spank there bottoms and come home. tell you what. go get 10 of your friends and try to get everyone of them to agree on a place to eat for lunch. probably takes you 20 minutes for everyone to figure out a compromise. now imagine what kind of time it takes to rebuild a countries goverment, army. police force. work structure.etc. etc. etc. if we would have pulled out year ago like you suggest. that country would have went to pure hell and misery and would likely be ran by terrorists right now.

Still look at it today has it gotten better no its getting worse countries citizens need to get rid of their tyrannical government and have a government that's for the people by the people then i would like the gov but until then yeaa .

I don't think they want to destroy our way of life that's just propaganda to get people to support the war come on man .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 07, 2010 4:16 PM

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "

Friday, October 08, 2010 3:58 AM on j-body.org
you know they chose the twin towers because it is considered the pinnacle of capitalism. hoping to bring our econemy to its knees and kill a few thousand people while they are at it. destroying our econemy sounds pretty much to me like they were attempting to destroy our way of life.

a war on terrorism isn't going to go away. you either deal with it as best you can and try to stop as many plots as you can, or you just try and accept that every once in a while some terrorist is going to come kill a bunch of innocent people. id prefer to fight, then to bury my head in the sand and just hope its not me or my family or friends that some terrorist decides to kill.

when your in a poor country its hard to get rid of the goverment. those people dont have an option. most people would assume its rich with all the oil. but that money isnt going to the citizins, its going to those that are in charge.

we have that goverment you talked about, if you dont like someone vote them out of office. if you like someone vote them into office.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, October 08, 2010 7:57 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:a war on terrorism isn't going to go away. you either deal with it as best you can and try to stop as many plots as you can, or you just try and accept that every once in a while some terrorist is going to come kill a bunch of innocent people. id prefer to fight, then to bury my head in the sand and just hope its not me or my family or friends that some terrorist decides to kill.

Or you don't meddle in on some other's countries, like 95% of the countries around the globe do... and as a result, have minimal to no terrorist activities.
You stick your nose in other people's business and expect repercussion. An "eye for an eye" is not just a Christian thing now is it.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Friday, October 08, 2010 10:04 AM on j-body.org
so we go all switzerland and just stay out of everything? i can see the same hatred coming at us because we refuse to help.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, October 08, 2010 5:04 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:you know they chose the twin towers because it is considered the pinnacle of capitalism. hoping to bring our econemy to its knees and kill a few thousand people while they are at it. destroying our econemy sounds pretty much to me like they were attempting to destroy our way of life.

a war on terrorism isn't going to go away. you either deal with it as best you can and try to stop as many plots as you can, or you just try and accept that every once in a while some terrorist is going to come kill a bunch of innocent people. id prefer to fight, then to bury my head in the sand and just hope its not me or my family or friends that some terrorist decides to kill.

when your in a poor country its hard to get rid of the goverment. those people dont have an option. most people would assume its rich with all the oil. but that money isnt going to the citizins, its going to those that are in charge.

we have that goverment you talked about, if you dont like someone vote them out of office. if you like someone vote them into office.

Well your economy as well as mine i am sure is already screwed up and won't be getting better anytime soon no matter what they tell ya , and i don't vote and don't plan on it plus it doesn't help all politicians lie and cheat just to get into office .

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Friday, October 08, 2010 7:17 PM on j-body.org
well not voting will sure help to make a difference.

Friday, October 08, 2010 7:39 PM on j-body.org
blucavvy wrote:well not voting will sure help to make a difference.

That's right the only change will come through violence but seriously though voting doesn't help its just an illusion to think you have a choice in the matter when in fact you don't .

Why vote for a politician who lies they say they will lower taxes , create jobs , etc . They lie so they can get votes and get in office and that's when they screw the people over .

" Mark Twain "
Friday, October 08, 2010 7:41 PM on j-body.org

Friday, October 08, 2010 8:12 PM on j-body.org
The truth hurts i know ^^

" Mark Twain "
Friday, October 08, 2010 8:54 PM on j-body.org
what in the @!#$ would you know about truth? you get all of your intel from conspiracy websites? seriously dude, you think they aren't any more biased than main-stream media? i don't even know what to say to your responses to be honest.

Saturday, October 09, 2010 8:27 AM on j-body.org
blucavvy wrote:what in the @!#$ would you know about truth? you get all of your intel from conspiracy websites? seriously dude, you think they aren't any more biased than main-stream media? i don't even know what to say to your responses to be honest.

I don't claim to know the truth and i like to keep up with whats happening in the world thanks to those sites .

" Mark Twain "

Saturday, October 09, 2010 8:47 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:so we go all switzerland and just stay out of everything? i can see the same hatred coming at us because we refuse to help.

It has been working for not only Switzerland, but also Argentina, Antartica, Chile, Uruguay, Brazil, Mexico, Trinidad, Cuba, Australia, Puerto Rico, Sri-Lanka, S/N Korea, Greenland, Japan, Peru, Sweden, Estonia, Hungary, Scotland, Kenya, Madgascar, Zambia, Gabon, Chad, Jamaica... well, you get the picture. Staying out would be a hypothesis that the US should experiment (albeit world damage is severe), since it has worked so well around the world... that is if you don't want any terrorist activity on your nation.
The only hatred will be coming internally here as the US military won't be used for the offensive in "National Interests" and ofcourse, the defense contractors would be in a uproar.
I say "help" your country first, then think about others.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Saturday, October 09, 2010 12:28 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
sndsgood wrote:so we go all switzerland and just stay out of everything? i can see the same hatred coming at us because we refuse to help.

It has been working for not only Switzerland, but also Argentina, Antartica, Chile, Uruguay, Brazil, Mexico, Trinidad, Cuba, Australia, Puerto Rico, Sri-Lanka, S/N Korea, Greenland, Japan, Peru, Sweden, Estonia, Hungary, Scotland, Kenya, Madgascar, Zambia, Gabon, Chad, Jamaica... well, you get the picture. Staying out would be a hypothesis that the US should experiment (albeit world damage is severe), since it has worked so well around the world... that is if you don't want any terrorist activity on your nation.
The only hatred will be coming internally here as the US military won't be used for the offensive in "National Interests" and ofcourse, the defense contractors would be in a uproar.
I say "help" your country first, then think about others.

theres a bit of size diffrence. people don't want us to be the worlds police, but then they come to us wanting help. or calling us out for not helpig.

Saturday, October 09, 2010 12:34 PM on j-body.org
John H wrote:
blucavvy wrote:well not voting will sure help to make a difference.

That's right the only change will come through violence but seriously though voting doesn't help its just an illusion to think you have a choice in the matter when in fact you don't .

Why vote for a politician who lies they say they will lower taxes , create jobs , etc . They lie so they can get votes and get in office and that's when they screw the people over .

so your not even a part of making a change, your just the person who sits around bashing everything and not doing a damn bit to change it, that my friend makes you just as bad as any politician. all politicians arn't corrupt. if you really believe that. you have a long way to go. if it matters that much to you maybe you should go out and run for office and see how hard it is to make everyone happy.

heres a clue. someone wants to be elected. they stand for certain things. lets just choose lower taxes. you vote for them and elect them. they do there hardest to get lower taxes but they can't just wave a magic wand over it. they are just a small percentage of the whole. mayb others want to keep taxes wehre they are. that does not mean the politician is a liar and a cheat. that just means he wasnt able to get changed what you wanted. let me put it in simpler terms. suppose you call your mom and tell her your going to bring home a bucket of chicken for dinner, but when you get there, they are closed, or all out of chicken, so you pick up pizza instead even though you told your mom you'd get chicken. would you expect your mom to call you a liar and a cheat? or just was it maybe the fact that some things out of your control prevented you from doing what you had hoped to do?

Saturday, October 09, 2010 6:48 PM on j-body.org
Well i understand that logic, politicians are crooks there might be good ones but they're few and far between and i don't think they ever get voted in . I just don't vote alright so lets leave it at that, if you wanna vote you can i got nothing against someone voting but if you vote for someone and they do a @!#$ty job then really you have nothing to complain about .

I'm sure you know this already but felt like pointing it out .

" Mark Twain "
Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:39 PM on j-body.org
You can also go the other direction and say if you don't vote, you have nothing to complain about. If you don't want to participate in the democratic process, don't complain when that process "fails" you.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Sunday, October 10, 2010 8:18 PM on j-body.org
Mikey (drpdcavi) wrote:You can also go the other direction and say if you don't vote, you have nothing to complain about. If you don't want to participate in the democratic process, don't complain when that process "fails" you.

I understand you .

" Mark Twain "
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search