Right-wing militias on the rise again - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Right-wing militias on the rise again
Sunday, December 26, 2010 5:47 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Labotomi wrote:The problem with the labeling of groups as "militias" is that it has taken too broad of an approach. Sure, there are some groups who actively plan for engaging who they consider as "hostile" to the freedoms granted by the US constitutions (these groups have existed long before now), but others that have recently been grouped in with the term militia are merely people who prepare for events such as the collapse of government or the economy. These people just stock up on food/equipment to take care of themselves including firearms and ammunition to defend what they have against people who would try to take it from them in times of chaos. They don't go looking for a war to fight, but rather consider defense of themselves, family and their property as necessary to their survival if something catastrophic happens.

If you have a doubt on what's the definition of a "militia," then check here and focus on number 4. Click. What I find intriguing is the timing of these groups as to when they rise... when ever a democrat gets in office. If you think I’m blowing smoke up your ass look up some of the FBI reports on this and domestic terrorism.
I don't have a problem with the definition of militia. I have a problem with the term being applied incorrectly in the media and by government agencies. I've no doubt that nefarious groups exist, but also know many people who live similarly to the way their parents and grandparents lived. That is no debt, a supply of necessities to last in case something becomes unavailable and a way to protect what's theirs from people who haven't made similar preparations.
Quote:

I have supplies stored to last a few months and firearms for emergencies, but have no intent on joining or condoning any type of warfare against the government. Am I part of this so called militia movement? I guess it depends upon who you ask and what is their definition of militia.
The questions here lies, do you feel your "freedoms" has been more revoked today then what was in the past?
Yes, and if you feel you'rs haven't you'd better take a closer look. Just look at the Patriot act to start and then take into account the furthering of these policies by the current administration.
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote: And have you stocked pile more today then what you had 2+ years ago?
Stockpiled? It's not as if I have years worth of supplies in a bunker, but to answer your question I do have more than I did 2 years ago because my financial situation allows it. Do you label it as stockpiling because I have more than you or because I have more than I need in normal situations? What is your definition of stockpiling? I wish people didn't have the belief that FEMA will take care of everything in an emergency because it's been shown that they are woefully inadequate to handle large emergencies. I'd rather have the ability to rely on myself than hope for someone else to provide me with what I need.
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:If you answered yes to any, why the recent change? I mean was the area and time that you lived that rosy back then versus so Apocalyptic today?
Apocalyptic??? You've shown your bias by using this term. This is precisely the broad brush that people like you choose to paint others who feel things aren't as rosy as they look or that emergencies only happen to other people.

Do you feel that some sort of emergency cannot happen to you such as a natural disaster or even civil unrest resulting from such a disaster?

Do you think this quantitative easing will not have a downside? The government printing money simply to add to the economy can only lead to one lasting effect which is higher inflation. The other effects are temporary and are only a stop-gap measure to buy time. I'm by no means saying that we'll end up in a situation such as Argentina faced years ago, but it is possible.

Quote:

What is going to happen if the US keeps printing money with no backing whatsoever? This is what has happened in other cultures that led to high rates of inflation. Money becomes less and less valuable and in some countries such as Argentina became essentially worthless. What does it matter if you make $100K/year if it won't buy the basic necessities to survive? Mortgage rates have recently risen close to 20% and savings rates have not increased accordingly. Is this a sign of a housing recovery or a sign that the value of the dollar is decreasing?
Sorry to inform you but government has been printing money for ages, not just a couple of years. Remember, our debt/deficit has been escalating since Nixon, exponentially for the passed 30 years (80s, early 90s & 21st century) during times where income was not in line to the spending.
You're right. The government has been printing money for a long time, but this doesn't mean there are no consequences. The price must be paid eventually and right now we're just kicking the can further down the road. I'm not sure how long this can continue before the consequences become impossible to put off any longer.

Kevin Trudeau wrote:
Quote:

They don't go looking for a war to fight, but rather consider defense of themselves, family and their property as necessary to their survival if something catastrophic happens

That's pretty much about it. Its not like being prepared for emergencies means installing motion sensor turret guns behind the bushes and creating a pirhana filled moat around Petoria. I have a 4 month emergency fund of cash too....enough to pay my bills for 4 straight months, should I lose my job. I know its not much, but I save about10% of my take home pay, and stash it, just in case. It sure would suck, if someday, there was another stockmarket crash, the banks were shut down, and you couldn't get at your money. T'would be nice to have a stash wouldn't it? That being said, when your neighbors start noticing, that you are still able to purchase food, supplies, etc, and they have nothing, it could drive them to desparation and you could find yourself having to protect your family and goods. This isn't paranoid militia mentality....its just being prepared for bad things, and hoping it never gets bad.

If that day ever comes, your stash of money will become as useless and worthless as cancer.
And what of my supply of food, fuel, medicines and other necessities. Will they become useless or worthless? What makes it such that I cannot have a modest supply of these things without being put labeled as a member of a militia or some sort of extremist? Should everyone that owns a firearm be lumped in with the same group?

Sunday, December 26, 2010 6:12 PM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:
Labotomi wrote:The problem with the labeling of groups as "militias" is that it has taken too broad of an approach. Sure, there are some groups who actively plan for engaging who they consider as "hostile" to the freedoms granted by the US constitutions (these groups have existed long before now), but others that have recently been grouped in with the term militia are merely people who prepare for events such as the collapse of government or the economy. These people just stock up on food/equipment to take care of themselves including firearms and ammunition to defend what they have against people who would try to take it from them in times of chaos. They don't go looking for a war to fight, but rather consider defense of themselves, family and their property as necessary to their survival if something catastrophic happens.

If you have a doubt on what's the definition of a "militia," then check here and focus on number 4. Click. What I find intriguing is the timing of these groups as to when they rise... when ever a democrat gets in office. If you think I’m blowing smoke up your ass look up some of the FBI reports on this and domestic terrorism.
I don't have a problem with the definition of militia. I have a problem with the term being applied incorrectly in the media and by government agencies. I've no doubt that nefarious groups exist, but also know many people who live similarly to the way their parents and grandparents lived. That is no debt, a supply of necessities to last in case something becomes unavailable and a way to protect what's theirs from people who haven't made similar preparations.
Quote:

I have supplies stored to last a few months and firearms for emergencies, but have no intent on joining or condoning any type of warfare against the government. Am I part of this so called militia movement? I guess it depends upon who you ask and what is their definition of militia.
The questions here lies, do you feel your "freedoms" has been more revoked today then what was in the past?
Yes, and if you feel you'rs haven't you'd better take a closer look. Just look at the Patriot act to start and then take into account the furthering of these policies by the current administration.
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote: And have you stocked pile more today then what you had 2+ years ago?
Stockpiled? It's not as if I have years worth of supplies in a bunker, but to answer your question I do have more than I did 2 years ago because my financial situation allows it. Do you label it as stockpiling because I have more than you or because I have more than I need in normal situations? What is your definition of stockpiling? I wish people didn't have the belief that FEMA will take care of everything in an emergency because it's been shown that they are woefully inadequate to handle large emergencies. I'd rather have the ability to rely on myself than hope for someone else to provide me with what I need.
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:If you answered yes to any, why the recent change? I mean was the area and time that you lived that rosy back then versus so Apocalyptic today?
Apocalyptic??? You've shown your bias by using this term. This is precisely the broad brush that people like you choose to paint others who feel things aren't as rosy as they look or that emergencies only happen to other people.

Do you feel that some sort of emergency cannot happen to you such as a natural disaster or even civil unrest resulting from such a disaster?

Do you think this quantitative easing will not have a downside? The government printing money simply to add to the economy can only lead to one lasting effect which is higher inflation. The other effects are temporary and are only a stop-gap measure to buy time. I'm by no means saying that we'll end up in a situation such as Argentina faced years ago, but it is possible.

Quote:

What is going to happen if the US keeps printing money with no backing whatsoever? This is what has happened in other cultures that led to high rates of inflation. Money becomes less and less valuable and in some countries such as Argentina became essentially worthless. What does it matter if you make $100K/year if it won't buy the basic necessities to survive? Mortgage rates have recently risen close to 20% and savings rates have not increased accordingly. Is this a sign of a housing recovery or a sign that the value of the dollar is decreasing?
Sorry to inform you but government has been printing money for ages, not just a couple of years. Remember, our debt/deficit has been escalating since Nixon, exponentially for the passed 30 years (80s, early 90s & 21st century) during times where income was not in line to the spending.
You're right. The government has been printing money for a long time, but this doesn't mean there are no consequences. The price must be paid eventually and right now we're just kicking the can further down the road. I'm not sure how long this can continue before the consequences become impossible to put off any longer.

Kevin Trudeau wrote:
Quote:

They don't go looking for a war to fight, but rather consider defense of themselves, family and their property as necessary to their survival if something catastrophic happens

That's pretty much about it. Its not like being prepared for emergencies means installing motion sensor turret guns behind the bushes and creating a pirhana filled moat around Petoria. I have a 4 month emergency fund of cash too....enough to pay my bills for 4 straight months, should I lose my job. I know its not much, but I save about10% of my take home pay, and stash it, just in case. It sure would suck, if someday, there was another stockmarket crash, the banks were shut down, and you couldn't get at your money. T'would be nice to have a stash wouldn't it? That being said, when your neighbors start noticing, that you are still able to purchase food, supplies, etc, and they have nothing, it could drive them to desparation and you could find yourself having to protect your family and goods. This isn't paranoid militia mentality....its just being prepared for bad things, and hoping it never gets bad.

If that day ever comes, your stash of money will become as useless and worthless as cancer.
And what of my supply of food, fuel, medicines and other necessities. Will they become useless or worthless? What makes it such that I cannot have a modest supply of these things without being put labeled as a member of a militia or some sort of extremist? Should everyone that owns a firearm be lumped in with the same group?

Your choices have associated you with these groups. The fact that you find your choices to be unsavory, or more bluntly....that your choices associate you with unsavory groups, is a struggle only you can fully analyze. Asking others to do it for you is simply wrong.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:16 PM on j-body.org
Aww piss off. I'd dare say there are probably militia members that hate the government and are living pretty much paycheck to paycheck....and probably wouldn't last a week without going to the grocery store. You are your ilk are the ones generalizing. If you like to lump people who stockpile food, water, and moderate amounts of ammo, into the same group as anarchist militia types, well....thats your struggle, not mine.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Sunday, December 26, 2010 7:54 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:
Your choices have associated you with these groups. The fact that you find your choices to be unsavory, or more bluntly....that your choices associate you with unsavory groups, is a struggle only you can fully analyze. Asking others to do it for you is simply wrong.

Only in the opinion of people like yourself am I associated with these groups. I have exactly zero associations with groups that are anti-government and don't plan on ever associating with them.

Where in my post did I indicate that I feel my choices are "unsavory"? Please point that out because it's certainly not how I feel. The media and some others who cannot fathom the difference are the people who would attempt to lump me in with the "unsavory" people. I'm a Christian, but I don't feel I should be included in the same discussions with those who bomb abortion clinics either.

Would you classify those who put money in investment accounts are stockpiling assets? What are these accounts but a way to save assets for a time when you need more income. Why is it that I would take a portion of my income and spend it toward tangible assets in the event I need them in the future any different? I'm very much invested in the economy via my stock purchases. If I truly felt an economic collapse was near I would probably purchase precious metals as a way to hedge against the collapse of the financial system. As it stands, I don't feel this way. I'm not gathering stuff for the end of times, just for unforeseen events.

Explain to me why my actions are wrong. How are my actions hurting anyone or promoting militia movements in any way? I have extra food, water, fuel and other things that will allow me to continue in the event of an emergency. You may not feel that this is a necessity and that's your choice, but I'd rather have these things and never need them than not have them when they are needed.

If you want to scoff at me I really don't care. I'll state my case, but in the end your opinion will not change my views nor the views of others that feel similar actions. Even FEMA recommends having an emergency supply in the event of an emergency. I've just expanded on this supply because I feel what they are recommending is inadequate for anything other than a few days.
Sunday, December 26, 2010 8:20 PM on j-body.org
You feel as if you've been insulted or described in a negative fashion via being associated with such groups. Those were your words. You are being associated with such groups because, like them, you are demonstrating similar notions about survivalism and some perceived need to weather a perceived future catastrophe. I can't help it that you don't like this association. I can only point out the obvious discomfort you have, and allow you the chance to discover for yourself why you feel uncomfortable about aligning your actions with those of the militia and survivalist groups.

I don't recall describing your actions as "wrong". You'd have to point out where I did...but you can't. Again, it is YOU that feels conspicuous here. You and you alone are placing yourself in the harsh glare of your paranoia about how you are perceived. It is this same paranoia that, I suspect, landed you in the "survivalist" minority sector of our population in the first place.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 8:43 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:You feel as if you've been insulted or described in a negative fashion via being associated with such groups. Those were your words. You are being associated with such groups because, like them, you are demonstrating similar notions about survivalism and some perceived need to weather a perceived future catastrophe. I can't help it that you don't like this association. I can only point out the obvious discomfort you have, and allow you the chance to discover for yourself why you feel uncomfortable about aligning your actions with those of the militia and survivalist groups.

I don't recall describing your actions as "wrong". You'd have to point out where I did...but you can't. Again, it is YOU that feels conspicuous here. You and you alone are placing yourself in the harsh glare of your paranoia about how you are perceived. It is this same paranoia that, I suspect, landed you in the "survivalist" minority sector of our population in the first place.
Please. You're stretching a bit here aren't you. Paranoia...Hardly. Right now you're the one who is showing your ignorance by spouting terms that don't apply just to shoehorn me into the survivalist mindset. I assure you I have no misconceptions about being a survivalist.
My actions do not in any way align me with these groups and that is what I take exception to. The ignorant are the only ones who are making those generalizations. I don't like being painted with the same brush as people who have these beliefs. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean I feel guilty or insulted, just wrongly characterized. I'm not going to lose sleep over it just as I don't feel you will lose sleep over people who stereotype you're political beliefs based on your associations. You're making my statements about peoples generalizations to be more concerning to me than they actually are. If I point out the errors in their beliefs, this in no way makes me sensitive or paranoid unless you think disagreement makes a person paranoid.

Way to go on the attack for no apparent reason though.

So in your opinion being prepared aligns me with a militia group or survivalists. You sir are ignorant and a troll. You still did not point out where I said my choices were "unsavory" as you indicated in your previous post.
Sunday, December 26, 2010 9:32 PM on j-body.org
I don't feel that pointing out your discomfort with having adopting the habits of certain groups expresses "ignorance" on my part.

You can argue semantics about what to call it (insults, guilt, unfair characterizations, etc. etc. ad nauseum) it all night long. All you will manage to do is attempt to Band-aid your hurt feelings over this subject.

You can also feel "attacked". You can call me names. You can continue to degrade yourself ever further via desperate actions such as these. I really could not care less, for it really could not matter any less. You are the one ferreting away supplies and ammunition for the coming (insert preferred term here), and you feel somehow (insert preferred term here) over having this pointed out. Hurt away.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 9:48 PM on j-body.org
Why are you and Scotty playing coy and twisting this from a thread of a groups with anti-government movements to a "in case Bruce Willis Armageddon happens on the US?" This is not about survival in a Brown-Out but people who want live lawless at first strike they feel threatened or don't like a politician that was voted in.

Labotomi wrote:

So you're telling me you want to rewrite the definition because you don't like it? Again, click the link and focus on number 4. It is what it is.

Quote:

Yes, the Patriot Act has diminished or reinforced what the US has been doing since the beginning of the Cold War. Thing here is these militias have never upraised as they do when a Democrat is in power. See a hypocritical pattern with these nut-jobs?

Quote:

My definition of stockpiling is the same one you'll find in a dictionary, I don't change the definition to accommodate my likings. Here in this thread is stockpiling of weaponry and you know this. Beside the financially possible, what has persuaded you to stock pile more in these two years? Do you think Obama is out to do Terminator's Judgement day? Or are you going continue the talk that a 2012 will happen and Noah's Arc will be next?

Labotomi wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:I have supplies stored to last a few months and firearms for emergencies, but have no intent on joining or condoning any type of warfare against the government. Am I part of this so called militia movement? I guess it depends upon who you ask and what is their definition of militia. The questions here lies, do you feel your "freedoms" has been more revoked today then what was in the past? And have you stocked pile more today then what you had 2+ years ago? If you answered yes to any, why the recent change? I mean was the area and time that you lived that rosy back then versus so Apocalyptic today?

So what has changed that makes it Apocalyptic today?

Quote:

Oh I do, but I would make a thread in Off Topic and learn from one another with ideas, not have a anti-government slogans with a bunch of wackos shooting guns and try to terrorize the population.

Quote:

I agree, printing more money is a problem, so is low interest rates, and when gold devalues, we will feel it big time. But inflation is mostly done when you have salaries low and high product prices... Again look at the Home market (2003-07) or fuel prices in (2006-08) to get a clue what I'm talking about. Again what happen in Argentina is irrelevant.

Quote:

Agreed.

Quote:

Go back to page two and read again on Kevin's quote, and my response. "Food, fuel, medicines and other necessities" versus "a stash of money under a bed" are two different things. One will be useless, the other is a fortune during a crisis. I think I know the difference.
Again both irrelevant in this thread.

For the folks who do not quite grasp or like to twist this issue, this is what this thread is about. I thought it was clear on the opening post, but I guess I was wrong.

For the folks that only rely on FOX news.

Agrees to what this guy said.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 10:15 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:I don't feel that pointing out your discomfort with having adopting the habits of certain groups expresses "ignorance" on my part.
The ignorance is that you even think I feel any discomfort at my habits. You keep trying to make this argument about me and my actions when the only thing I stated was that the term was incorrectly being used by the media. This isn't about me, I feel no guilt, discomfort, shame or anything other term you try to lay upon me. If you can't understand that then discussion with you is hopeless.
Sunday, December 26, 2010 10:59 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:So you're telling me you want to rewrite the definition because you don't like it? Again, click the link and focus on number 4. It is what it is.
Show where I redefined anything. My point is that the media is redefining the term to include those who don't fit the definition..

Quote:

Yes, the Patriot Act has diminished or reinforced what the US has been doing since the beginning of the Cold War. Thing here is these militias have never upraised as they do when a Democrat is in power. See a hypocritical pattern with these nut-jobs?
You asked a question and I answered it. Now you agree with me yet argue about something that I didn't even comment on???

Quote:

My definition of stockpiling is the same one you'll find in a dictionary, I don't change the definition to accommodate my likings.
Using the dictionary definition, anything you acquire and do not use immediately fall into the category of stockpile
Stockpile n.
A supply stored for future use, usually carefully accrued and maintained.

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote: Here in this thread is stockpiling of weaponry and you know this. Beside the financially possible, what has persuaded you to stock pile more in these two years? Do you think Obama is out to do Terminator's Judgement day? Or are you going continue the talk that a 2012 will happen and Noah's Arc will be next?
You can read my answer again. I stated exactly what I meant. I have the financial means to purchase more than I did two years ago. Nothing more, nothing less. Do not in any way try and make my statements about Obama or some end of the world scenario. Those are not my beliefs so do not imply that they are. If you actually knew my beliefs you'd know that I generally ignore all the 2012 talk because it's nonsense. I don't feel that Obama is doing anything purposely evil, but I do feel he's over his head. Noah's Ark??? I don't even know where you're going with that comment.
I had a smaller supply before Obama came into office, but it would have grown regardless of who was elected or whatever the state of the US. Politics does not affect what I'm doing as I believe it's prudent in any situation.

Labotomi wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:I have supplies stored to last a few months and firearms for emergencies, but have no intent on joining or condoning any type of warfare against the government. Am I part of this so called militia movement? I guess it depends upon who you ask and what is their definition of militia. The questions here lies, do you feel your "freedoms" has been more revoked today then what was in the past? And have you stocked pile more today then what you had 2+ years ago? If you answered yes to any, why the recent change? I mean was the area and time that you lived that rosy back then versus so Apocalyptic today?

So what has changed that makes it Apocalyptic today?

You tell me since I have made no mention that is is indeed more apocalyptic.

Quote:

Oh I do, but I would make a thread in Off Topic and learn from one another with ideas, not have a anti-government slogans with a bunch of wackos shooting guns and try to terrorize the population.
Have you ever thought that I have discussed these things with others? Maybe that's where I get my ideas from.

I'll just ignore the comments about the anti-government/wackos with guns/terrorizing the population alone because it in no way describes me.

Quote:

I agree, printing more money is a problem, so is low interest rates, and when gold devalues, we will feel it big time. But inflation is mostly done when you have salaries low and high product prices... Again look at the Home market (2003-07) or fuel prices in (2006-08) to get a clue what I'm talking about. Again what happen in Argentina is irrelevant.
Inflation is caused greatly by an increase in the amount of available money which is precisely what the fed is doing currently.

Quote:

Agreed.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 11:59 PM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:Show where I redefined anything. My point is that the media is redefining the term to include those who don't fit the definition..

"I have a problem with the term being applied incorrectly in the media and by government agencies.
That being said... have you even clicked on the link and read #4? And see how the media/government puts in (did you even see the vids?). Oddly both are the same. What word do you want to use that is not so harsh and appropriate for these nut jobs, than militia? Church quire group, sounds nicer than militia for you?

Quote:

Using the dictionary definition, anything you acquire and do not use immediately fall into the category of stockpile
Stockpile n.
A supply stored for future use, usually carefully accrued and maintained.
Good for you on figuring something out, and stockpile of weapons is what this is about, not a canned goods shelter.

Quote:

You can read my answer again. I stated exactly what I meant. I have the financial means to purchase more than I did two years ago. Nothing more, nothing less. Do not in any way try and make my statements about Obama or some end of the world scenario. Those are not my beliefs so do not imply that they are. If you actually knew my beliefs you'd know that I generally ignore all the 2012 talk because it's nonsense. I don't feel that Obama is doing anything purposely evil, but I do feel he's over his head.
So why are you here commenting irrelevantly, defending, twisting the issue on this thread again?

Quote:

I had a smaller supply before Obama came into office, but it would have grown regardless of who was elected or whatever the state of the US. Politics does not affect what I'm doing as I believe it's prudent in any situation.
The moment you're here, makes me have a hard time believing that BS. But who cares, really.

Quote:

Apparently it is, since the need for the more of "supplies" in these last 2 years that you stated earlier.

Quote:

Have you ever thought that I have discussed these things with others? Maybe that's where I get my ideas from.
Right wing extremist radio doesn't help on the sanity side.

Quote:

I'll just ignore the comments about the anti-government/wackos with guns/terrorizing the population alone because it in no way describes me.
So you're here because your conscience lit up a fire on your ass huh.

Quote:

Inflation is caused greatly by an increase in the amount of available money which is precisely what the fed is doing currently.
It does contribute--no doubt, but there are bigger problems then that. Generally it's usually in price inflation combined with low wage, which is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services and no rise in salary to accommodate the new price hikes.

Monday, December 27, 2010 1:55 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

You can read my answer again. I stated exactly what I meant. I have the financial means to purchase more than I did two years ago. Nothing more, nothing less. Do not in any way try and make my statements about Obama or some end of the world scenario. Those are not my beliefs so do not imply that they are. If you actually knew my beliefs you'd know that I generally ignore all the 2012 talk because it's nonsense. I don't feel that Obama is doing anything purposely evil, but I do feel he's over his head.
So why are you here commenting irrelevantly, defending, twisting the issue on this thread again?
I made a comment about the media lumping people who have more preparations than others in with these groups. If you doubt it then look into the special 60 minutes did a few months ago. One family in suburbia had a basement full of food, water and other supplies and never mentioned anything anti-government or even firearms and yet the show ended up portraying them as crazy.

Quote:

The moment you're here, makes me have a hard time believing that BS. But who cares, really.
Somehow you've determined that my actions are politically based. Wow, I didn't know that our elected officials had cornered the market on unexpected events. Maybe I do need to go get one of those tin foil hats. Can you suggest a good one for me?

Quote:

Apparently it is, since the need for the more of "supplies" in these last 2 years that you stated earlier.
You must play dumb really well because it couldn't have been stated more plainly.
One more time using different words.
I had the same need two years ago, but I didn't have the means to purchase them. What's so hard to understand? 2 years ago I had a little more that FEMA suggests or about 1 weeks worth. Now I have more because I have had enough free money to purchase extra. Just because you choose to ignore the comments I made in clear terms doesn't mean they aren't there.

Quote:

Right wing extremist radio doesn't help on the sanity side.
Ahh, sarcasm...I couldn't even name a single extremist radio show. Again you're lumping me in with the militia groups with which I have no connections. No matter how many times you tell yourself that I'm with these groups, it won't make it true.

Quote:

So you're here because your conscience lit up a fire on your ass huh.
I'm here because I commented on the topic. I didn't even disagree with your statements about the militias, but since my mindset doesn't fit with yours you've chosen to group me in with them anyway.

Quote:

It does contribute--no doubt, but there are bigger problems then that. Generally it's usually in price inflation combined with low wage, which is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services and no rise in salary to accommodate the new price hikes.
Inflation is the rise in prices of goods and services and has little to do with wages. The main factor of inflation is an increase in the free supply of money, not the disparity in prices and wages. Rising wages often trigger price inflation. Low wages tend to keep inflation low. Both affect the supply and demand so the prices reflect this accordingly.
Granted, inflation coupled with stagnant wages is worse than if wages kept up with the rising costs, but inflation is present whether wages increase or not.
Monday, December 27, 2010 8:57 AM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:
Quote:

I made a comment about the media lumping people who have more preparations than others in with these groups. If you doubt it then look into the special 60 minutes did a few months ago. One family in suburbia had a basement full of food, water and other supplies and never mentioned anything anti-government or even firearms and yet the show ended up portraying them as crazy.
For the forth time (?) this thread was never about preparation of food & supplies. Why do YOU group the paranoia of good preparation folks with the anti-government, white supremacists? Is there a correlation that I don't know about and you want to explain to us?

Quote:

Somehow you've determined that my actions are politically based. Wow, I didn't know that our elected officials had cornered the market on unexpected events. Maybe I do need to go get one of those tin foil hats. Can you suggest a good one for me?
Ask ScottaWhite-- "Kevin," he has a full line of tinfoil hats catalog for every occasion.

Quote:

You must play dumb really well because it couldn't have been stated more plainly.
And here you are not even able to distinguish the two groups. And I'm the dumb one. You can't even understand inflation god sakes.

Quote:

One more time using different words.
I had the same need two years ago, but I didn't have the means to purchase them. What's so hard to understand? 2 years agoI had the same need two years ago, but I didn't have the means to purchase them. What's so hard to understand? 2 years ago I had a little more that FEMA suggests or about 1 weeks worth. Now I have more because I have had enough free money to purchase extra. Just because you choose to ignore the comments I made in clear terms doesn't mean they aren't there.
And like I said before and same words. I don't believe you (with not political movement behind it) and I don't care.
And now FEMA has to be involved in a rise of anti-government, white supremacist militia thread? Again do you know something that we all should know about?

Quote:

I'm here because I commented on the topic. I didn't even disagree with your statements about the militias, but since my mindset doesn't fit with yours you've chosen to group me in with them anyway.
I could care less what side you reside. The moment you are twisting this to support stockpiling food and supplies when you know what this thread is really about, I question your BS rant that you don't support these militias. If you actually didn't, you would not be making a response every 5 mins while still saying nothing... your intentions are questionable.

Quote:

Inflation is the rise in prices of goods and services and has little to do with wages. The main factor of inflation is an increase in the free supply of money, not the disparity in prices and wages. Rising wages often trigger price inflation. Low wages tend to keep inflation low. Both affect the supply and demand so the prices reflect this accordingly.
Granted, inflation coupled with stagnant wages is worse than if wages kept up with the rising costs, but inflation is present whether wages increase or not.

No it doesn't. Low wage & high price increases inflation... that is what happened in Argentina too, where prices would change by the hour and people's money was never enough as a loaf of bread was 25 pesos and they had 5 pesos on hand. Yhea sure low wage will lower inflation when prices are low along with it. The inside gap between the two shrinks and buying power increases. But if you raise prices, wages has to go along with it too, albeit, it will be artificial and we will look like a Asian market, but the buying power will still be there. Also like I said before, our saving grace on our dollar value is that gold has a high price demand.

Monday, December 27, 2010 5:00 PM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:I don't feel that pointing out your discomfort with having adopting the habits of certain groups expresses "ignorance" on my part.
The ignorance is that you even think I feel any discomfort at my habits. You keep trying to make this argument about me and my actions when the only thing I stated was that the term was incorrectly being used by the media. This isn't about me, I feel no guilt, discomfort, shame or anything other term you try to lay upon me. If you can't understand that then discussion with you is hopeless.
I understand perfectly. It is deadly apparent that you do not like having your actions compared to those of extremist groups. That is your clearly stated discomfort in this thread. Numerous examples of this discomfort exist, and I'll be happy to begin rapid-fire quoting of same, should your continued denial require that degree of nose-rubbing. While I am entertained at your extended-play squirming over this, I refuse to let you twist it into anything else. For me to point this out is neither ignorant, nor trolling, nor any other weak epithet you toss-like-a-girl at it.

Does your penchant for these rat-holing tactics instantly make you a survivalist, militia member, or any other type of related extremist? Of course not. It simply allows others to perceive you in a similar vein as them, for you have decided to adopt one of their primary behaviors, and one of the more characteristically distinguishing ones at that. Again, since to have done so was your choice, the perceptions that result remain uniquely a result of your own actions.

If how others perceive your actions is a problem for you, well...you may just need to develop a thicker skin should you continue to make choices such as these.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 27, 2010 7:46 PM

Monday, December 27, 2010 8:40 PM on j-body.org
The thing that pisses me off, is that the G1 Blaster was way taller than optimus prime, but in the cartoon, Prime was bigger. And why, since Hasbro made blaster, didnt' they make some cassettes for him too?

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search