Mining Companies Stealing Millions From Africa - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mining Companies Stealing Millions From Africa
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:40 AM on j-body.org
http://news.yahoo.com/s/oneworld/world3613611238444411

They way I see it, the mining companies are doing them a favor. Those corrupt african governments, (mostly) would just buy more weapons and throw expensive parties, and the populace would just be even more oppressed.

There's a few good examples of good governments there like Ghana, but they are mostly a bunch of greedy despots.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Mining Companies Stealing Millions From Africa
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:49 AM on j-body.org
Been to africa, on deployment don;t bother caring what happens, they dont.....

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:55 AM on j-body.org
400 million over fifteen years is chump change for a government. (Even Ghana). They are stealing, but would 400 million completely change a country like Ghana ? not likely.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:43 PM on j-body.org
The problem with Africa is the same as with the Middle-East. Too many power hungry warlords, not enough benevolent dictators. What they need is a brutal a**hole who wants what's best for the country and it's people. History is replete with them and they're always great men.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:57 PM on j-body.org
Benevolent dictators? Like Lenin? No jobs = idle hands= the devil's workshop. Its simply tribal warfare with guns and machetes instead of poison darts and wooden sticks.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search