its a jeep thing............ - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
its a jeep thing............
Monday, November 16, 2009 10:10 AM on j-body.org
NO ONE GIVES A SH1T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry to say but im tired of those stupid stickers. thats all i gotta say, lemme know what you think.

Re: its a jeep thing............
Monday, November 16, 2009 11:08 AM on j-body.org
JEEP: Just Empty Every Pocket

Don't forget they have their own wave, too. Who would have thought that since you bought a mass produced vehicle that you can wave at everyone?

O noes!
Monday, November 16, 2009 11:14 AM on j-body.org
we'll be sure to consult you before anymore jeep guys put one of these stickers on their Jeep.

and about the "jeep wave," its the same with bikers. its merely a sense of comradery. the jeep community has more "brotherhood" if you will, than any other automobile community i've seen.

in short, get over it. its not going to change anytime soon.

Check out my build thread!

Monday, November 16, 2009 12:52 PM on j-body.org
RuggedZ wrote:we'll be sure to consult you before anymore jeep guys put one of these stickers on their Jeep.

and about the "jeep wave," its the same with bikers. its merely a sense of comradery. the jeep community has more "brotherhood" if you will, than any other automobile community i've seen.

I agree

Here are the facts...

As a j body website, we tell eachother that we hate this and hate that and lower your car etc.
We like the same things and don't adjust to differences too easliy.

In the jeep world, different is good

We wave at eachother because while the car scene is about shiny and show (not bashing at all), when we go to jeep meets its different. We say nice things about others jeeps and we like to see trail scars, mud, and different ideas regarding armour, lockers, interior, and just everything.

To your sticker comment, I could say that about the shocker. or the jdm @!#$, or the low profile @!#$, etc.

I wave at modified jeeps because they share the same passion I do, and they have probably sunk a lot into their rig just like me to do what we love.

Get over yourself, you just sound ignorant.

Monday, November 16, 2009 1:32 PM on j-body.org
^ exactly. the first time i saw the articulation of some of the jeeps on JF, thats when i decided i needed to get my CJ. jeeps are all about going places no sane person would think possible with a vehicle, driving up the steepest and roughest terrain in a bare-bones vehicle with almost no creature comforts, and loving every minute of it.

and about the stickers, i would much rather see a relevant sticker like the "its a jeep thing" sticker than the shocker (as posted above) or the stupid pedobear stickers.

Monday, November 16, 2009 2:37 PM on j-body.org
im sorry i just dont understand, i own a 99 jeep cherokee sport and ive never waved or saw anyone wave at me. i have friends with jeeps with that sticker and they tell me they dont even know what it means, they just say its a jeep thing. i do understand the comradery, i just dont understand why its gotta be all over the place. i dont see bikes with "its a yamaha thing" or the people with the shocker stickers waving at each other. im just stating my own opinion here and i want everyone out there to know that i dont hate any type of automobile, i just see way too many of those stickers. after all i have a chevy and dont have anything that says "its a chevy thing, you wouldnt understand". on the second hand i am now more informed and i guess i will just have to laugh when i see those now.
Monday, November 16, 2009 5:48 PM on j-body.org
Some of the full size guys were talking aboot making up some banners for their windshield,

"I got your Jeep thing, now it burns when I pee"

And the "attitude" is the same for all groups, real enthusiasts look past make and model.

Monday, November 16, 2009 6:01 PM on j-body.org
people care about this thread as much as you care for those stickers......

Monday, November 16, 2009 7:03 PM on j-body.org
james jones wrote:im sorry i just dont understand, i own a 99 jeep cherokee sport and ive never waved or saw anyone wave at me. i have friends with jeeps with that sticker and they tell me they dont even know what it means, they just say its a jeep thing. i do understand the comradery, i just dont understand why its gotta be all over the place. i dont see bikes with "its a yamaha thing" or the people with the shocker stickers waving at each other. im just stating my own opinion here and i want everyone out there to know that i dont hate any type of automobile, i just see way too many of those stickers. after all i have a chevy and dont have anything that says "its a chevy thing, you wouldnt understand". on the second hand i am now more informed and i guess i will just have to laugh when i see those now.

Thats cause you have a unibody jeep, as do I. And sadly alot of wrangler guys, which is where the majority of jeepers lie, dont consider them real jeeps. I guess they like to hate on their own kind. I went from waving on bikes, to jeeps, and its worn off to I wave at other moded cars when im in my car. I dont see what the big deal about being friendly is
Monday, November 16, 2009 7:12 PM on j-body.org
^ more than likely its not just because its a unibody, rather because its a stock unibody. there are plenty of trail-capable xj and zj/wj's out there.

the problem is most of the unibody jeeps are soccer mom vehicles and never see the mud or rocks.

Monday, November 16, 2009 8:35 PM on j-body.org
mine sees the mountains of west virginia but basically a soccer mom type vehicle

Monday, November 16, 2009 10:08 PM on j-body.org
RuggedZ wrote:we'll be sure to consult you before anymore jeep guys put one of these stickers on their Jeep.

Wow, a "tight" knit community. I see more Barbie jeeps running around with chicks driving that daddy bought them for HS graduation. I rarely see a long arm lift running around. Just 4 inches of suspension to fit 33"s to have the look on open difs. O yea, no scratches on that paint, either, even though they're "serious" off roaders. And a 99% chance that they didn't regear for their bigger tires.

Get over yourselves, you just sound elitist and egotistical.

O noes!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:36 AM on j-body.org
Smokey wrote:

Wow, a "tight" knit community. I see more Barbie jeeps running around with chicks driving that daddy bought them for HS graduation. I rarely see a long arm lift running around. Just 4 inches of suspension to fit 33"s to have the look on open difs. O yea, no scratches on that paint, either, even though they're "serious" off roaders. And a 99% chance that they didn't regear for their bigger tires.

Your neighbourhood must suck then.

any jeep around these parts thats modified is done so for offroading. But yeah, sure you see lots of "barbie doll jeeps" and stock jeeps, but its that way with every type of vehicle.

Some people are really into it, and some people just want the looks.

I like my vehicle to be capable, and it is. Lockers on both diffs and I could fit bigger tires, but when I flex I want those tires to clear.

And i have a unibody. bigger than most of the tj's around here, and still do not get waved at.

This thread is getting off topic.

To the OP, the sticker is something that was made up by some guy that the jeepers liked. I do not personally have this sticker on my rig, but I don't think you quite understand.

You have a stock jeep, so i guess your complaining because you are envious of the jeeps that are built. Build your jeep up, dont put the sticker on it if you dont like it.

Im not going to start a thread on how overplayed and dumb the shocker has become, so grow the fawk up or GTFO.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:32 AM on j-body.org
Smokey wrote:

how is what i said elitist and egotistical? all i did was explain the comradery of the jeep community. go over to jeepforum sometime, you'll see its not a constant bitchfest like it is over here.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:59 AM on j-body.org
ToBoGgAn wrote:Some of the full size guys were talking aboot making up some banners for their windshield,

"I got your Jeep thing, now it burns when I pee"

And the "attitude" is the same for all groups, real enthusiasts look past make and model.

Suzuki off road guys have a sticker that says "I don't want to know about your Jeep thing"
LOL

My issue is wannabes in totally stock Wranglers no lift, but has a ton of lights, light bar, and the biggest gotdamnned tires they could stuff in the wells. The tires are so big there is no space between the tire and wheel well, therefore killing any articulation they had and making it not even remotely off-roadable. But then chuckle and look at, or make funny comments about my fully trail capable Suzuki Sidekick with proper suspension lift modifications, transmission modifications, lockers and appropriate sized tires like I'M the wannabe.

Kills me everytime. Just owning a Jeep doesn't automatically make you Johnny Off-Road, adventure at the drop of the hat. You have to "build" any real trail rig. Jeep wranglers may be very capable from the showroom, but my Suzuki would rape a Stock Wrangler on the trail. Trail Proven>Trail Rated.

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 8:10 PM on j-body.org
This grocery getter likes a challenge. Not bad for bald all terrain tires.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:39 PM on j-body.org
^ thats exactly how a jeep should look! driver's side is a little clean though lol

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:59 PM on j-body.org
I don't think anyone from jbody should bash on other car communities (lol), but seriously it should be like that with all car clubs. Why do you care about it, if it's not your car and you're not riding in it? How can you judge me and my car, if you don't even know me or what I like? Now if the other guys start it, maybe you can put them in their place, but in general these comments are always very very ignorant sounding. You could of easily been on the other end of this situation. When someone rolls by in their old 60's Camaro SS, or what not, looking at your 2000+ tuner car and say "wtf why would you put rims on an econobox?" Or "Why does he have a shocker sticker on his car, if he can't even get any pussy to begin with?" You get the point. You could say anything about anybody..

I have an '02 Jeep Liberty, and you can probably imagine the smirk I get with guys in Wrangler's. But most of us on this site basically do the same thing, when we say that your car sucks because it doesn't have a drop. But in the end, I don't really care about thise things, and I get a kick out of every time someone like the OP gets so worked up over what I'm driving, especially if they don't know me. I'm like, "Ok... well you go ahead and keep making fun of my Liberty out here in the parking lot 'cause it's a girl car or whatever and say I'm not a tough guy for driving it, that's fine with me ... I'm gonna go f*ck your sister, and probably your mom to in the mean-time."

And I don't even bother wasting time telling them about my non-street legal rig. It's a mud bogger, and has placed in the top 10 at pits that make a lot of wrangler owners piss their pants.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:25 AM on j-body.org
RuggedZ wrote:^ thats exactly how a jeep should look! driver's side is a little clean though lol

That was the side submerged in water
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search