Easystreet fronts new vs old - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Easystreet fronts new vs old
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:25 AM
Ok I am sure I will get slammed for posting this here but is there anyone out there who wants the new easystreet sleeve style bags over the older ones? I am wanting to get a set of the older ones that are not sleeve bags but easystreet no longer carries them so Im kinda stuck with the newer ones. The new ones have much much more clearance in relation to how close the wheel is to the bag but they are about 1" higher than the older ones. I know some folks would like to have it sit a tad higher for there own reasons. Anyone want to trade me? mine only have like 200 miles on them (trip to the bash and back)

Re: Easystreet fronts new vs old
Wednesday, July 30, 2008 6:05 PM
Hey Aaron,

I just put the new style struts on my car, but I haven't driven on them yet. I too am not thrilled with the height difference, but how's the ride quality? I'd consider letting my old struts go, but I think one has an internal issue and the mount nut is stripped on the strut rod. Also, once I drive on these, I might want to go back to the old style too. Just thought I'd get your opinion. BTW, with the old sruts, I could sit the body on my 18" tires, do you think that will still be possible with the new ones?
Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:12 AM
we can always just cut the @!#$ up and get it sitting on the ground. come on man modify it lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:12 PM
I do plan to modify the lower bracket some to make it sit about 1" lower if I can do it safly.

Saturday, August 02, 2008 7:17 AM
there are several people with air ride in the classifieds.....one guy selling his whole setup for $300.

then these look like the old style

as well as these ones. I might be mistaken on those though.

Saturday, August 02, 2008 2:58 PM
i was alil up set when i got my new bags and they were slaves instead, but just grind the welds around the buttom
brakets and move it up an inch when u think about there pretty much like the unversal kits u can get from ez street

Saturday, August 02, 2008 4:41 PM
Yes sir that is the plan

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search