Hope for JBO - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hope for JBO
Friday, December 02, 2005 5:24 PM
I agree 100%!! Most of the people here are great. The few that are asses I try and ignore. I hope he gets better, my thoughts and prayers are with him and the families.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, December 02, 2005 5:27 PM
Slug wrote:I agree...btw, its called the Constitution

it's the first 10 ammendments, commonly called the Bill of Rights. That only applies to public and government places. JBO is a private forum so the bill of rights does not apply here.

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Friday, December 02, 2005 6:42 PM
Slug wrote:
KanewtZ wrote:
JimmyZ wrote:I agree completely. It was great to see how MOST people reacted as that whole situation developed. I happened to be awake when the pictures were originally posted and felt my heart sinking as I dug through ohio newspaper and TV websites looking for information.

Aside from the few ASSWIPES who couldn't show a little respect and keep their suck-holes shut, this was a very impressive showing of support by the entire community. This is what JBO and similar sites/organizations are SUPPOSED to be about.

For those of you that donated money, time, updates, support or even just kind words, my hat goes off to you. You are the type of people that this world and this site SHOULD be made of.

That said...

Those of you that decided to make this your little soapbox, or even worse, the little prick that decided to use this tragedy to try to further his argument with me....well, I think I speak for everyone involved when I say @!#$ YOU, @!#$ OFF, GET THE @!#$ OUT. Just pack your @!#$, tell Dave to delete your registry, get off the site and don't come back. You are all a negative influence on this site and it's reputation.

You took a tragedy of this scale and just rubbed it in the faces of these kids' family and friends. That is not only disrespectful and hurtful, but it's just @!#$ inhuman.

NONE of you would have the balls to say any of those things to these people in person but you've got plenty of sack sitting behind your keyboards. I would pay good money to see any one of you in the same room with their families for 5 minutes. You would deserve everything you get.

I think that about covers it. Those that still want to throw in a kind word, I will continue to host Chris's Guestbook as long as people will keep posting to it. Thank you to everyone that's posted so far.

I agree with you, JimmyZ, but I also believe that everyone is entiled to their own opinon's no matter how inhumane or stupid they are.

Although what the person did was wrong and morally unacceptable, he was voicing his own opinion on a situation. Just because everyone else doesn't agree with it, doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to say it.

You can't go back and change the "charter or rights and freedoms". I think that is what was signed for this, not being American, I really don't know.

It truely is sad what happened to Chris and Kacey, and may God bring hope to Chris' family and comfort to Kacey's.

I agree...btw, its called the Constitution

the charter of rights and freedoms is in canada - constitution and bill of rights is in the u.s.

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Saturday, December 03, 2005 12:45 PM
Eazy (no switches no bitches) wrote:amen to every post in this thread. JBO is home. JBO is why I still own a cav. you'll always have your over-opinionated idiots posting retarded posts, but when it comes down to it, we have a great group of people here, that easily over shadows all the retards here.

long live the JBO

I dont even own a Cavy anymore, and i still spend 90% of the time im on the internet here

Saturday, December 03, 2005 4:29 PM
Have to agree with most everyone.

It was nice to see no matter what, people will come together to help someone out...

Sunday, December 04, 2005 1:40 AM
JimmyZ wrote:Those of you that decided to make this your little soapbox, or even worse, the little prick that decided to use this tragedy to try to further his argument with me....well, I think I speak for everyone involved when I say @!#$ YOU, @!#$ OFF, GET THE @!#$ OUT. Just pack your @!#$, tell Dave to delete your registry, get off the site and don't come back. You are all a negative influence on this site and it's reputation.

The people you are refering to are the type of people who think they are invinsible, will live forever and nothing bad can happen to them because their parents keep them in such a cushy environment that even the boogey man can't even hurt them.

These people haven't experienced pain or a huge loss in their life. I feel for the families because I have been there when someone who was not too close of a family member died and how much it effected me just going to the funeral and seeing all the lives they impacted. Even as I think about it now it makes me teary eyed because I went to that funeral parlor just as regular Adam and stepped out understanding how precious life is and how any second it can be taken away from you.

Even now, I have a chance of losing someone I love, my mother. My mother is overweight and has bad knees and goes through pain everyday. She has tried every diet you can think of and her last resort is gasteric bypass surgery. If you don't know anything about this surgery, there is a chance of DEATH. My mother may have to face death just so she can live (as sad as that sounds). It's hard typing this and realizing it at the same time that this Wednesday may be the last time I see her.

These people have no idea what it's like to lose someone that has impacted your life any way remotely or just been around people who are suffering from a loss. I don't wish death on anyone but I hope one day that they realize that death is around the corner and you need to be respectful of life regardless if you knew the person or not. Life is a one time shot...respect the lives that were taken and the lives that are barely hanging on. If they don't, they know what's coming to them...

That is all I have to say...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:41 AM
JimmyZ wrote:Those of you that decided to make this your little soapbox, or even worse, the little prick that decided to use this tragedy to try to further his argument with me....well, I think I speak for everyone involved when I say @!#$ YOU, @!#$ OFF, GET THE @!#$ OUT. Just pack your @!#$, tell Dave to delete your registry, get off the site and don't come back. You are all a negative influence on this site and it's reputation.

You took a tragedy of this scale and just rubbed it in the faces of these kids' family and friends. That is not only disrespectful and hurtful, but it's just @!#$ inhuman.

NONE of you would have the balls to say any of those things to these people in person but you've got plenty of sack sitting behind your keyboards. I would pay good money to see any one of you in the same room with their families for 5 minutes. You would deserve everything you get.

Pay for the ticket, and I'll go and back up everything I said.

Funny how I never stooped to name calling, yet I'm the idiot.

It's amazing to me all the asinine comments on here from people saying I hide behind my keyboard or thinking they know my feelings or how I was raised. Why is it not ok for me to speculate on what happened in the accident or make negative comments, but it is ok for you to come in here and bash me?

I made an open invitation to email me and we could discuss anything you wanted. I also offered to give you my address so you could come here and meet me face to face. Only one person bothered to email me. Now you tell me, who's really hiding behind their keyboards?

I'm not leaving the org just because some people didn't like my comments in a couple of threads. I usually get help when I need it and try to give help when I can.

JimmyZ, you sure do shoot your mouth off a lot, but do you see me ripping you for it? No. Do you know why? It's because I feel people are entitled to their own opinions no matter how different from your own they may be. This is a discussion board, people come here to talk about both sides of an issue. Can you imagine how lame the world would be if everyone only felt one way about everything?

Brian S
scout62@cox.net

P.S. The email invitation is still open to anyone.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Sunday, December 04, 2005 10:38 AM
Quote:

It's amazing to me all the asinine comments on here from people saying I hide behind my keyboard or thinking they know my feelings or how I was raised. Why is it not ok for me to speculate on what happened in the accident or make negative comments, but it is ok for you to come in here and bash me?

Maybe you don't understand something. No one cares if you suspect something or have your own opinion on what happend with this car crash. The point is that this car accident has happend and 2 young people have been effected forever now...one of them will not be able to see her family or friends anymore but I guess that doesn't matter to you because you want to sit on here and be disrespectful to someone who just DIED.

It's all good though...you'll see that what goes around comes around and I hope it smacks you right in the face when it gets back to you.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, December 04, 2005 1:21 PM
scout62,

Here is a question for you. If it were you involved in the accident and your significant other that was killed how would you feel if you came back to the JBO and saw these kinds of comments? The kid is basicly in a coma in the hospital unable to defend himself or his actions. Truth be told speed is a factor in all accidents. So are human or mechanical error or some times both. I know you can not say that you have never broke the speed limit ever in your life. If you do your a liar. The point everyone has been trying to make is that right now is not the time to debate the issue right now is the time to stand by our memeber who is in a fight for his life. But I dare you to put yourself in his shoes and think about how you would feel if you were the one being subjected to all of the assinine speculations. Unless you were in Chrises car you know only know as much as we do. Nobody is trying to deny your right to have an opinion only asking you to be respectful to a member fighting in intensive care for his life.

Mike
Sunday, December 04, 2005 1:29 PM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:The point is that this car accident has happend and 2 young people have been effected forever now.

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Sunday, December 04, 2005 1:50 PM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:Maybe you don't understand something. No one cares if you suspect something or have your own opinion on what happend with this car crash.

Apparently they do since quite a few people responded to what I had said.

NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:The point is that this car accident has happend and 2 young people have been effected forever now...one of them will not be able to see her family or friends anymore but I guess that doesn't matter to you because you want to sit on here and be disrespectful to someone who just DIED.

How am I disrespecting someone by asking for justice to be done to the person who got her killed if he was negligent?

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon

Sunday, December 04, 2005 1:57 PM
Another good-hearted, compassionate thread starting to go to hell because some people can't pull their head out of their @#% long enough to realize that regardless what the cause, someone is in the ICU and another is no longer physically with us.

Scout, if I had the money, I'd front the ticket and be right there with a vid cam to film the carnage that would ensue.

I don't get upset easily, but your persistance to downplay the entirety of the events that occured is really getting under my skin.

NJHK wrote:It's all good though...you'll see that what goes around comes around and I hope it smacks you right in the face when it gets back to you.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 2:07 PM
Kardain wrote:Another good-hearted, compassionate thread starting to go to hell because some people can't pull their head out of their @#% long enough to realize that regardless what the cause, someone is in the ICU and another is no longer physically with us.

Scout, if I had the money, I'd front the ticket and be right there with a vid cam to film the carnage that would ensue.

I don't get upset easily, but your persistance to downplay the entirety of the events that occured is really getting under my skin.
NJHK wrote:It's all good though...you'll see that what goes around comes around and I hope it smacks you right in the face when it gets back to you.
Agreed 100%. I don't know what's so difficult to understand about "you're entitled to your opinion...we just don't want to hear it". He's been told that his opinion is hurtful and disrespectful to everyone involved. He's been told that this kid's FAMILY AND FRIENDS are reading these forums now. And yet he still persists in being an ass. Here's me talking about/to him in another thread.
I wrote:
I wrote:These threads have steered a solid course and maintained a consistent topic and theme from the beginning and so far you are the only one to turn against that. Your posts here are no different than if you jumped into someone's regional meet thread and started bashing their meet, giving them crap about their cars, etc. Your comments are rude, off topic and unwelcome. If you can't put aside your venom for the sake of alot of people coming together to wish good things for one unfortunate kid then I strongly suggest you no longer post in this thread. Your hate does nobody any good here or in that hospital, so please check it at the door.
I don't know what is so difficult to understand about this. If this is so important to you, then start your own thread to air your point of view. Let me know how that works out for you. (UPDATE: it didn't)

You are clearly in the minority here, and I'm not going to lock what has otherwise been a good thread for a lot of people because of the babbling of one idiot with no tact or respect.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Sunday, December 04, 2005 2:26 PM
Mike Woolever wrote:scout62,

Unless you were in Chrises car you know only know as much as we do. Nobody is trying to deny your right to have an opinion only asking you to be respectful to a member fighting in intensive care for his life.

Mike

You're right, I only know as much as the next guy. I never claimed to have a crystal ball that told me exactly what happened. I drew my conclusions from what I had read. I didn't say Chris was guilty of committing a crime. I said IF he did he should be punished and the being injured was no excuse to get out of it.

As I have said I hope Chris pulls through, I have nothing against him personally. What i had a problem with were the circumstances of the situation as I had perceived it.

People didn't feel it was right of me to voice my observations at this time, but there will never be a correct time. I'm not the kind of person that stands around and twiddles my thumbs, when I have something to say I do it right then and in the most straightforward way possible. I realize this makes me come off as a huge jerk but it's nothing I haven't been dealing with all my life, it's just the way I am. If everybody said what they really felt, instead of what they think people want to hear or what someone/society has told them
, we'd all be better off.....

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
Sunday, December 04, 2005 2:42 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how come we're calling the kettle black. I've seen plenty of people posting on street racers dying and calling them stupid. There's a post where a neon ran through a building and he got laughed at. So if we're going to put a restriction on talking about j-body drivers then we should keep our mouths shut about other people's driving.

* Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Sunday, December 04, 2005 2:45 PM
JimmyZ wrote:

Agreed 100%. I don't know what's so difficult to understand about "you're entitled to your opinion...we just don't want to hear it". He's been told that his opinion is hurtful and disrespectful to everyone involved. He's been told that this kid's FAMILY AND FRIENDS are reading these forums now. And yet he still persists in being an ass.

When did I downplay anything?

If people don't like what I have to say, they don't need to read my posts.

BTW you only harm yourself by insisting on using name calling. It makes you look very small minded.

If you are so adamant about getting rid of me why don't you call up Dave and have him delete my account and all my posts? Or better yet the next time I'm at a meet with Dave I'll explain the situation and ask his opinion. If he wants me to stop posting, fine I'll delete my own account and never come back. I wouldn't want to be a part of an organization that suppresses free-thinking, open minds, and the ability to voice one's own opinion.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
Sunday, December 04, 2005 2:50 PM
James Larsen wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how come we're calling the kettle black. I've seen plenty of people posting on street racers dying and calling them stupid. There's a post where a neon ran through a building and he got laughed at. So if we're going to put a restriction on talking about j-body drivers then we should keep our mouths shut about other people's driving.

The difference is because it wasn't stated that Chris was racing just excessively speeding. If the police determine he was racing, and they don't change current their opinions, then they are being hypocrites.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
Sunday, December 04, 2005 2:56 PM
OK, this is the last time I'm going to explain this to you. You can have your little free speech and hypocrisy debate elsewhere. It is NOT welcome in this thread, or ANY of the other threads about Chris Shelly.

Yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theater is not an acceptable exercise of free speech, and neither is dragging this kid's name through the mud while his family is reading these threads and he hasn't even come to in the ICU yet.

Read the posts, and the responses to your posts. You are clearly in the minority here, and you are getting way too many people riled up to defend your ridiculously callous and disrespectful point of view. I said it before and I'll say it again...your posts are rude, off topic and unwelcome. You even tried to start your own thread to vent and that didn't work out so well either. I'm not even the one that locked that one. That's a hint that it's not just me that thinks you're a disrespectful ass. STFU and show a little respect.

If you continue to try to divert or jack these threads you're going to get yourself banned. If it 's worth it to you, then feel free. Myself and a growing contingent of members won't miss you.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Sunday, December 04, 2005 3:22 PM
Please guys don't argue.. there is no point to it. This threat had a genuine purpose in it's creation.. and it has strayed from that. It's to honor the memory of a young girl who fell victim to a travisty. As well as to encourage life to continue for another. Disrespectful, spitefull, and hatefull things need not be posted here. The world is full of so much hate we dont need to toss it in the mix of a tragity as well.

If we have a GMSCB in '06.. I lobby to take donations for this to be remembered.. in the form of maybe a memorial. Maybe envite the Family & Friends to the GMSCB to show that even the hearts of complete stranges go out to all whom mourn. And a moment of silence in Kacey's honor.

My sister just turned 16 years old in october.. to think of something of this magnitude occouring to someone so young.. who had such a life ahead of her. It saddends me. Reading all fo the MySpace posts and the well wishes... condolences.. made me Cry. So many pepoel have been affected by this.. People who dont even know them are affected. the last thing we need right now is maliciousness negativity. So please.. just stop the fighting and bickering. This thread is to honor someone.. not tear someone down.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Sunday, December 04, 2005 4:23 PM

now Im not going to get down on (scouts62)s level and like what was posted by (NJHK) Adam said what goes around comes around And TROL I STRONGLY AGREE with you that would be nice to show the familys how big this family is dispite our few bad apples. we should also have a memory site on the ORG. to pay respect to our fallen JBO members and thier familys. its just an idea

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Sunday, December 04, 2005 6:06 PM
I can't belive this dude is sitll arguing this thing......but all that aside i was crazy surprised at all the support shown towards the whole situation from the JBO

if i was in his position i honestly think what was sent to him would really hit a weak spot in me....people on this site he doesnt even know, only connected by some GM econobox that we all own, and they go out of their way to figure out all the details towards the accident and then raise money to help the family.....

that's awsome in my eyes, to me i dont see how you can argue the support the org has gave, the kid made a mistake, a serious one and hes gonna have to go through enoguh pain living with it the rest of his life....why can't people just help him out till hes back to 100%? weather or not you agree with what he did, or anything abotu the situation like how can you be so cold hearted that you wont even show some support? it just boogles my mind.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 6:12 PM
scout just shutup before all 30,000 on the site hate you. you're just digging yourself in deeper and deeper every time you post.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 6:29 PM
JimmyZ wrote:If you continue to try to divert or jack these threads you're going to get yourself banned. If it 's worth it to you, then feel free. Myself and a growing contingent of members won't miss you.

I can say that I definately will not miss him.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 6:40 PM
Scout... no one was per say denying your right to your opinion... it's more the poor manner in which you decided to present it in.

Like I believe JimmyZ said... maybe someone else too... Chris and Kasey's family and friends see this site. They're all going through something horrible right now. The whole family (both of them) and friends are all trying to pull through this and stay strong and have hope. None of them need to come in here and see someone being a total arse about it. There's a time and place for everything... and this was not the time nor place for your stating of your personal "opinion". If someone incredibly dear to you just passed away... would you like someone comming in there and saying stuff like that? I'd bet not.

I'm sure in my almost 4 years on this site there's been times I've come off as a biotch. But there's an important thing I learned years ago in life... there's a time and place to voice your opinion... and sometimes it's just best to keep your mouth shut about it, because it's not worth the confrontation that follows... unless you get off on arguing with people over the internet... which I don't really. The only time I get really defensive and keep up on things is when someone threatens my personal character and it's not true.

Kasey's family said (according to the source that posted it in another thread) that they're not pressing charges and don't hold anything against Chris, if I read that right. THEY are the ones who have the right to say "omg he should sooo pay for this... to the fullest extent!"... but they haven't... at least not to what I've read. So if they're not taking it so personally... why are you?

Sunday, December 04, 2005 6:47 PM
Fallen Angel wrote:
Kasey's family said (according to the source that posted it in another thread) that they're not pressing charges and don't hold anything against Chris, if I read that right. THEY are the ones who have the right to say "omg he should sooo pay for this... to the fullest extent!"... but they haven't... at least not to what I've read. So if they're not taking it so personally... why are you?

Well said.... You are correct. According to page 5, last post....

Sarah Staum wrote:

Kaseys parents arent pressing charges or anything of the sort. They had been together awhile and the families are really close.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search