Trying to Start GP, Moderators Help me out Please. - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trying to Start GP, Moderators Help me out Please.
Sunday, April 09, 2006 6:00 PM
Alright I already had Devilsown pay the 20$ fee and they want me to start the GP. However I emailed the GP people, no reply also I PMed Dave. Dont know where else to go. Once again the 20$ charge jas already been paid.

Thanks
Chris

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible

Re: Trying to Start GP, Moderators Help me out Ple
Sunday, April 09, 2006 6:48 PM
Dave will approve the GP as soon as he gets to it, its not an instant thing.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:03 PM
yea, but it was paid thursday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:10 PM
Yea been a couple days, anything I can do, or someone else can do to speed up the process, how long does it usually take?

Thanks
Chris

Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:11 PM
Shouldn't be more than a day, try to catch Dave online on AIM. He's the only one who can approve GP's.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, April 10, 2006 5:26 PM
Can someone please tell me if the GP rules are not clear enough, because there always seems to be problems with it. The rules are outlined here:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=50&i=1&t=1

I thought it was clear at stating that as soon as you pay you can make the post. For some reason that almost never happens, and then I get angry emails about it. It honestly is not my fault the sellers are not properly reading how to run GPs. That is why I ask you all if it is clear enough or if I should rewite it somehow (this is of course assuming that sellers even read it in the first place).

As for this specific situaiton, just as I said others are having problems with, you paid and didn't make the GP post. When you did finally make the post it was on Sunday afternoon, and I am typically not online on Sundays. So as soon as I saw the post today it was approved. Also, I got no PM's, though I did get one email which you sent just a few hours before you posted the message, once again on Sunday when I was not here.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Monday, April 10, 2006 6:48 PM
I, too, have been guilty of bugging Dave about this. When you want to run a GP, you obviously have something to sell and the associated pressures and excitement that come with it. I have seen Dave take anywhere from 5 minutes to a week or so to post a GP, usually always within one day.

As he says, make sure you do everything in the right order, don't expect anything on Sundays, and rest assured that he will take care of it as soon as he is available.

Not sure if this is Dave's full-time gig - if not, a delay of up to several days should be expected from time to time.

To answer your question, Dave - I feel that the rules are pretty clear. You may want to add something about the fact that it CAN be delayed or make people more aware of how often you check your email or when you schedule to approve GPs. But they're still gonna bug you if it's not instant...

Monday, April 10, 2006 7:22 PM
Dave, I know I PMed you, maybe it did not work. I did read the rules but was under the assumption it would be instant. I also did not think it had to be that same day. I also did not pay for the GP directly, the company (Devilsown) did. So I wasnt sure when I was allowed to post it. I tried posting a couple of times, and just tried again with no results. Oh well maybe tomorrow.

Thanks
Chris

Monday, April 10, 2006 7:49 PM
^^ its up dont worry

Check out my build thread!

Monday, April 10, 2006 11:29 PM
Chris Fontana wrote:I tried posting a couple of times, and just tried again with no results. Oh well maybe tomorrow.

You still missed what the rules said. You did not need to repost the message, and if you would have checked the GP forum you would have seen your previous post had been approved. That is the key - when you post a new message in that forum, it does not appear in the list until I approve it. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it wasn't saved, it just doesn't appear to the public until I make it so.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 6:47 AM
Okay Dave, I just did not understand, sorry I was under the impression that when we did get on the "aprooved List" then it would come up automatically.

Simple misunderstanding,

Thanks
Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search