Got FAQ? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got FAQ?
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:57 AM
If you've got stuff you want to put in the FAQ.... which in my opinion.....

FAQ > Sticky

... then you need to email it to me. jlenko@shaw.ca

I'll edit it and post it.. and give you credit of course

Post Edited (04-11-06 11:41 AM)

Re: Got FAQ?
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:17 PM
FAQ QUESTION : Is lenko as cool as he seems?

ANWSER: OF COURSE YOU FOOL!

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:45 PM
In a related note, please check out the FAQ section...
http://www.j-body.org/faq/

I welcome all ideas, comments and criticism. If there are any additions I can make to it that would improve it, or anything I can change, please don't hesitate to tell me.

What it has right now:
  • article categorization
  • glossary
  • search
  • article attachments (images, pdfs, etc)

What I have on the drawing board:
  • commenting on articles
  • links from forums to their respective faq categories

I'm sure there is a lot more that can be done with it to enhance its usefulness, so if you think of anything, please reply here, or PM/email me.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:54 PM
I think the FAQ is good, but just not advertised enough. It's buried in the Library as opposed to within the forums. I've forgotten it was even there at times.

Perhaps a Button next to the New Topic?

Or better yet, dispose of the New topic button and require at least 10 minutes of searching the FAQ and another 15 minutes of searching within the forums before being allowed to submit a new topic j/k

Saturday, April 15, 2006 8:38 AM
It would be nice if all newbs should have to read through all the FAQs before they are able to create new threads.

Saturday, April 15, 2006 7:10 PM
[quote=Shädowƒire (mahcmos)]It would be nice if all newbs should have to read through all the FAQs before they are able to create new threads.\

yea right

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Saturday, April 15, 2006 9:16 PM
@!#$er wrote:I think the FAQ is good, but just not advertised enough. It's buried in the Library as opposed to within the forums. I've forgotten it was even there at times.

Just as I wrote in the "drawing board" list, "links from forums to their respective faq categories" is coming soon. I am just waiting until there is a little more information in the FAQ.

Basically what will happen is at the top of each forum there will be a big bold FAQ link, that will take you to the section of the FAQ that is specific to that forum. For example, at the top of the Performance forum there will be a link to http://www.j-body.org/faq/14/ and at the top of the suspension forum there will be a link to http://www.j-body.org/faq/21/ and so forth.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Monday, April 17, 2006 6:07 PM
Would this mean we will do away with sticky's?

Also I think we/ people should go through some of the stuff in the FAQ. I just read on the Ecotec swap into a 95-99 J. Some info in it is 1 too much info not really needed, and incorrect as well. Airbags, you can use a 95-99 airbag with the 00-05 wiring. You do have to change the clips so they connect, but they will work. So in affect you do not have to change the dash either.
This is the same issue I have with the sticky's some info is either from one person and is one sided, same with the oil pressure gauge install on a 2.4, You do not have to do a Y and keep the stock oil sending unit, but it is a option. All options should be in that.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:24 AM
I"m in the middle of rewriting the Suspension FAQ right now. It will take me another week to get a rough draft done. It's going to including quite a bit more information that it had before. The way I'm organizing it, it could be broken into 5 different pages/sections.

It would be nice to see a big old link at the top of the Suspension and Brake forum that said : Suspeion FAQ: Section 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (or something like that).

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 10:40 AM
John Higgins wrote:Would this mean we will do away with sticky's?

It would probably eventually do away with most of them.

John Higgins wrote:Also I think we/ people should go through some of the stuff in the FAQ.

This is one reason why I am adding the ability to comment/reply to FAQ articles. At this time only John and I have access to editing articles, so comments will be important for updates and changes. Perhaps in the future we could have more people with edit access to the FAQ so that changes and updates can happen quicker.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 12:37 PM
hey dave how about a sub faq at the top of each fourm , kinda like the stickies

but use it as a link to the faq for the apporite section , ie.... performance stuff , to performance , interior to interior

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 5:00 PM
Of course... if you spot something that isn't kosher in the FAQ.... let me know and I'll correct it ASAP.

I try to take stuff from the stickies, edit it so it's spelled correctly, reads easily, etc... then post it in the FAQ. I try to give credit to whoever wrote the original article, as much as possible.

As I keep saying... if you have stuff to submit, send it to me... I'll post it. As long as it's not a soapbox kinda speech or anything

I have received one article, about the 2002 LS Sport lips... that will be edited a bit and put online very shortly.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 5:05 PM
^^^ glad you got it. I just want people to know that '02 Z's had lips, as well as the LS Sports. it's just another avenue for them to look down when shopping for them.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Thursday, April 20, 2006 11:32 AM
C.T.S. : it would be a good idea to put the koni yellow install in the faq if you didnt already

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Sunday, April 23, 2006 7:22 AM
^^^i have the pdf of it if soemone wants it

Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:36 PM
make people read the faq when they join and take a quiz
if they pass, they can post immediately
if they fail, they need to take it again, but they gotta wait til the next day and its a different randomized test, that way they cant write down the questions and get the answers

Sunday, April 23, 2006 8:48 PM
Just a note being a 1st gen owner the 4spd manual transmissions require dexron II or III not the stated 5w30 oil.I have several manuals and the 5w30 works fine,its supposed to be the dexron stuff.I did alot of reading on this only to find this to be true.I know both work fine,but I use the dex and no issue,info was from chiltons and haynes and stipulates only the 4spd man for this use.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:21 AM
Boardorgohome wrote:C.T.S. : it would be a good idea to put the koni yellow install in the faq if you didnt already

Here's my new TOC, not done yet, but you get the idea:
Suspension FAQ - Revision: Alpha wrote:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
01) InterChangeable Suspension
02) Suspension Overview
03) General Suspension Engineering
..... a) Springs, Struts, Coilovers & Air
..... b) Abuse of Suspension and warranty

04) Springs
..... a) Rates: Linear & Progressive
..... b) Choices
05) Struts
..... a) OEM Replacements
..... b) Lowering Applications
06) Coilover Kits
..... a) Coilover Springs
..... b) Complete Coilovers
07) Air Ride Kits

08) Sway Bars
09) Strut Bars
10) Tie Bars
..... a) HOW-TO Make Your Own
11) Bushings and Strut Mounts

12) Part Swaps
..... a) Neon Rear Disk Brakes
..... b) NWF-Body Front Suspenion
..... c) N-Body Rear Suspension
13) Installation How-To
..... a) Koni Install
..... b) Other Struts, Springs, and Coilovers
..... c) Air Install
14) After the Install
..... a) Alignment
..... b) Tuning your Suspension

15) How To find More information
16) Places to Buy Parts
..... a) tips on price ranges
17) Words from the Experts
..... a) Lenko FAQ <-- Some of this should be integrated into the rest
..... b) Koni: Why they design struts the way they do.
..... c) KYB: Recomendations from the horse's mouth.
18) Install Section <-- Will be integrated into section 13.
19) Random Facts <-- Um yeah, might get tossed as well.

Ideas, suggestions, and contributions are welcome!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:07 AM
Ha ha, the Lenko FAQ wasn't even my stuff... it's a compilation of stuff from years ago... I just put it all together. Credit to all the others was lost a long long time ago

Anyone who wants to send me individual articles... I'll clean 'em up and put them in the Library FAQ. I personally hate seeing stickies for that kind of stuff... but that's just me.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:32 AM
I love the idea of putting a link to the FAQ at the top of the forums.
The stickies are easy and work well enough. But a link would be much more clean and polished. And who doesn't like that?

Monday, August 06, 2007 7:03 AM
Update on all of this and how's it all coming along??

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, August 06, 2007 9:03 AM
maybe this can be worked into the FAQ, or Sticky in the audio forum, or something, but I cannot email at work, so I'll post this here... I made this in caraudioforum.com and it's stickied over there, Im sure something similar can be done here. It is definately needed in the audio section.

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/showthread.php?t=260957

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Monday, August 06, 2007 11:34 AM
Can we take the 2.3 oil pump swap info and put that in the FAQ, since it has not been made a sticky yet???

2.3 oil pump swap instructions by Garrett Janzen

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 3:20 AM
Might want to fix this link. //146/" target="_blank">http://www.j-body.org/faq//146/

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 10:06 AM
JLAudioCavalier(1bad02cav) wrote:maybe this can be worked into the FAQ, or Sticky in the audio forum, or something, but I cannot email at work, so I'll post this here... I made this in caraudioforum.com and it's stickied over there, Im sure something similar can be done here. It is definately needed in the audio section.

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/showthread.php?t=260957

I think that would work good as a sticky in the forum for now. Just post it and PM me the link to the post, and I can sticky it.

-MD- LD9 wrote:Might want to fix this link. http://www.j-body.org/faq//146/

Other then the color tag that you put into the link that messed it up, what's wrong with it?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search