ATTENTION JBO: Buyer Beware! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ATTENTION JBO: Buyer Beware!
Friday, July 07, 2006 4:10 PM
BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Well, JBO by the support of the site, I have been asked to expose a company that provides performance products to our cars and so many other GM FWD vehicles.

This whole issues started in Feb 15, 2006 when I asked on their products. I was out to purchase their rear strut brace, lower sub-frame brace and their 60mm TB for the LD9. Like a company that wants your money err... business, they responded with in 24hrs, if not the same day.
Since I have not read anything bad here like I have read from RSM Racing and that this company have been working with GM products for quite sometime now, I’d figure it was a safe bet.

So by March 1, 2006, they received my payment, they claimed that all the pieces were going to be done within 2 weeks. Well, with lots of pushing with calls and emails I received 2 bars 7 weeks later from purchase. Here is the kicker, they sent me the lower bar with tacky paint and ill fitting (which I had to hammer it to fit), the rear bar was not there, they wind up sending the front one, that looked like it came from the junk yard, patiently I told them that they sent the wrong bar.

Three weeks later they send the rear bar and was nice to tell me to keep the front bar and to not ship the front bar back, with it came the throttle-body too. Granted, this is now May 23, 2006.

When I get the rear bar, the end part is bent out of shape, so again... on with the hammer. Then I get my throttle-body, which looks like it went through Hiroshima, Japan during WW-2.
First, the throttle body I sent them for the core, was not the core they sent back. Second, the throttle body they sent is cracked/fractured and chipped on the lip, one of the tubes is dented in and another vacuum tube is filled with like a JB-Weld of some sort.
All in all it is useless!

So I emailed them about this the same day (5-23-2006) I received the parts. Expecting a semi-quick response, (because after they got my money they did not respond as quick as they did before).

Well, I emailed them, called about 10 times a week, left messages and still no response... I was getting ignored.

So on June 6, 2006 I made this thread seeking help and advice:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=5&i=529428&t=529428

After the thread was made, they responded like 2 days after the thread was made. So with my ever thinning patience I gave them some time to redeem their self and have a conscience clean by taking care of their problem.
Well, a month has passed since their last email and I have sent emails, called and left messages, even sent a letter and all in regards to any progress and once again I am stuck being ignored.

The email that pissed me off most was this by them after I told them it was defective. Professional? You be the judge.

ME:
"Now the problem here is the throttle body. It has a sizable chip and cracked at the lip opening where the air flows through and one of the tips of the pipe is bent out of shape . I am not putting this on my car, so how can we go about this as I would like request for another TB, one that is not defective?"

Their response:
“THE CORE HAS SOME DINGS, BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT DEFECTIVE UNLESS YOU PLAN
TO USE IT FOR A CENTERPIECE ON YOUR COFFEE TABLE?? THE TOP TUBE IS COVERED BY
THE HOSE AND THE SMALL CRACK WILL NOT PRESENT ANY PROBLEM TO FLOW AND IT IS
ALSO COVERED AND SECURED BY THE INTAKE INLET CLAMP... WHAT IS YOUR CONCERN??
THE FLOW AND FUNCTION OF THE TBODY ARE WHAT MATTERS”

And this is the last email by them... .
June 7, 2006
"Your replacement is in process, sorry we have been backed up with work
and I have been behind on emails. The owner has had an illness in his
family and has been away quite a bit the past few weeks, so we are
really behind, soryr for the delay. I will make arrangements ot send a
call tag for the defective one as soon as we have the new one ready to
ship, sorry again for the delay.
Tiff @ X"

The biggest on this last one,^ is that they respond to e-mails with inquiries on their products not to e-mails that pertains problems. Because my friend and I have sent a couple of emails with other addresses and they respond like a flick of a light switch.

So onward with the pictures and you be the judge.

Shows JB WELD on both pics with a bent tube.

And the company to beware of:
MANTAPART

As of now I am getting everything to open up a case with the Better Business Bureau and if that does not solve it, I will contact my local police and if worse comes to worse I will seek action in small claims court.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Re: ATTENTION JBO: Buyer Beware!
Friday, July 07, 2006 4:11 PM
Just so if you missed the company:
MANTAPART

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, July 07, 2006 4:40 PM
Well of course it was Mantapart. Their customer service sucks balls, and their parts typically are crap.

Friday, July 07, 2006 5:45 PM
Well I know who I'm never gonna waste my money with ! Sorry to hear it man that is bull sh-t ! We may not see eye to eye but I am sorry to hear you got screwed like that . I wish you luck with the BBB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 07, 2006 5:58 PM

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, July 07, 2006 5:46 PM
Nothing new...................

Shoulda done your research.

Friday, July 07, 2006 6:00 PM
Shane OBizzle(ShOBiz) wrote:Nothing new...................

Yeah ... i was more suprised that it wasnt someone else, rather then it was them.

RSM/ Mantapart ... booooooooooooooo

Friday, July 07, 2006 6:00 PM
I'm surprised how they've stayed afloat after all these years. I suppose they get by on the people that dont complain about crappy products.

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!
Friday, July 07, 2006 6:07 PM
Shane OBizzle(ShOBiz) wrote:Nothing new...................

Yhea I did, remember I did not deal with RSM, as that is the company mostly everybody boycotted.
Looking around here, Mantaparts was hardly ever mentioned for being like this.
Infact, let me the first to post about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 07, 2006 6:07 PM

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Friday, July 07, 2006 6:18 PM
Not who I thought it was based on the thread you posted in OT...

Jackalope wrote:Sorry to hear it man that is bull sh-t ! We may not see eye to eye but I am sorry to hear you got screwed like that . I wish you luck with the BBB.

x2

Friday, July 07, 2006 6:32 PM
Figured, there is only one company worse the the Ebay Turbocharger kit guy and RSM, and thats mantapart.

Its not talked about because its like a curse word.

Never speak of it again.

Friday, July 07, 2006 9:58 PM
Other than Jason, is there any diecent place to buy parts for J's?

Friday, July 07, 2006 10:16 PM
carcustoms
and turbotec racing!!!

Friday, July 07, 2006 10:51 PM
you might have to check the arcives for mantacrap , but there has been alot of talk dont buy from them unlss its COD

Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:29 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]you might have to check the arcives for mantacrap , but there has been alot of talk dont buy from them unlss its COD

Yeah, no offense to the OP but the only surprising thing about this post is that Mantapart sent you anything at all...

DO NOT BUY FROM MANTAPART!!!
Saturday, July 08, 2006 10:36 AM
Adam Asmus (the Burned One) wrote:Other than Jason, is there any diecent place to buy parts for J's?

Good question. To bad CarCustom does not make product that i was looking for.

The only reason i bought from Mantapart was because, those products were unique.
I liked how their lower brace was designed, the rear brace was a solid one piece, and they offered a 60mm TB which lines up perfectly to my s/c. The only other company that makes that size is JBP but for $387.

Reading on here, Id have to go on to the archives to find out there is a 90% disaster rate with them, like "97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)" said.

The problem is this has happened such a long time ago, that now I can't recover the money.

How long will the BBB take? Any experiences?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Re: DO NOT BUY FROM MANTAPART!!!
Saturday, July 08, 2006 11:14 AM
BBB dosent really do jack IMHO

Try to argue it with your credit card. Send everything back were they have to sign it and tell your CC you ddi that and you want your money back.

Yeah its unfortunate I wanted a set of their K braces but im to scared to order them.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 3:03 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:They offered a 60mm TB which lines up perfectly to my s/c. The only other company that makes that size is JBP but for $387.
What about MRZ's 60mm Big Bore Throttle Body?? LINK. He has one for the 2.4L for $295

Saturday, July 08, 2006 4:55 PM
Atk2008 wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:They offered a 60mm TB which lines up perfectly to my s/c. The only other company that makes that size is JBP but for $387.
What about MRZ's 60mm Big Bore Throttle Body?? LINK. He has one for the 2.4L for $295

OMG you are kidding me. Where were you before Feb 15, 2006?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:53 PM
BBB wont do anything, its more of a scare tactic, I dont think I have ever heard of anythign getting accomplished though the BBB.
Sunday, July 09, 2006 6:35 AM
you said you tried to search for them and didn't find much.... yt you label this thread buyer beware..... so the next guy who tries to search for mantapart STILL doesn't find @!#$....

either way Mantapart was known for inferior quality and EXTREMELY long waits for parts

Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:09 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Atk2008 wrote:

OMG you are kidding me. Where were you before Feb 15, 2006?
Yea man, glad I couldn't help sooner lol. And by the way, thanks for finally posting about which company you had a rough time with; I think everyone on here has the right to know because it will only be bad for the company because of the bad rep.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 10:21 AM
Pork Chop Sandwiches!!! wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]you might have to check the arcives for mantacrap , but there has been alot of talk dont buy from them unlss its COD

Yeah, no offense to the OP but the only surprising thing about this post is that Mantapart sent you anything at all...

yeah i agree with ya

Sunday, July 09, 2006 8:53 PM
Darkstars wrote:you said you tried to search for them and didn't find much.... yt you label this thread buyer beware..... so the next guy who tries to search for mantapart STILL doesn't find @!#$....

either way Mantapart was known for inferior quality and EXTREMELY long waits for parts

Exactly, I did put in "Mantapart," "All dates"in this section. And it said no results.
And now as of today, if type in Mantapart, & all dates.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/search.php?search=Mantapart&f=1&globalsearch=0&match=1&date=0&fldsubject=1

Now, not only will you see this thread, but Mantapart attorney general too.(a thread that was not there when I searched)
So when the next guy searches, he will see this thread and hopefully history will not repeat it self.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Monday, July 10, 2006 5:22 AM
Yeah as far as I ever known Mantapart has been crap way before RSM. /shrug

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:16 AM
wow i thought everyone knew they sucked...first time i heard about a part being bad though , usually i heard if you get apart from them it would be decent...its just getting the part is 90% of the battle

i was off on my guewss as to who it was too, i forgot about mantapart existing

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search