Buyer beware, Race performance parts - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Buyer beware, Race performance parts
Friday, September 15, 2006 12:38 PM
Ok, so i had read on here that this was an ok company to deal with, now it appears im getting screwed by them. I ordered from them over a month ago, and they responded within a week saying it would be shipped out the next week. Thats the last i heard from them. Ive sent many emails, ive tried calling them, and lo and behold "the number you are trying to call is unreachable" ive even PMd them on here, with absolutly zero response. Im sick of this, If anyone knows their address of operations, i would like that information please. I need to know where to send the summons.

Re: Buyer beware, Race performance parts
Friday, September 15, 2006 1:04 PM
FTC regulations

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/intbalrt.htm

Quote:

Complying With The Rule
By law, you must have a reasonable basis for stating that a product can be shipped within a certain time. If your advertising doesn't clearly and prominently state the shipment period, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days.

If you can't ship within the promised time (or within 30 days if you made no promise), you must notify the customer of the delay, provide a revised shipment date and explain his right to cancel and get a full and prompt refund.

Friday, September 15, 2006 2:23 PM
register.com wrote: Registrant:
Charles huckelberry
Charles Huckelberry
4803 Haverhill Drive
Rockford, IL 61107
US
Email: sales@raceperformanceparts.com

Registrar Name....: REGISTER.COM, INC.
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: raceperformanceparts.com

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Friday, September 15, 2006 3:46 PM
Post up a user name.

Friday, September 15, 2006 4:25 PM
Friday, September 15, 2006 7:50 PM
As far as I know Charlie is a good guy to deal with... there has to be a legit explination for the wait & trouble; but I'll leave that up to him.

I HIGHLY doubt he is out to screw you or anyone else.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:25 AM
I hope your right, i wish that someone would pipe up with some mitigating circomstances, but as it sits now he's flat out fallen off the face of the earth, doesnt anyone know this guy personally??

Saturday, September 16, 2006 12:10 PM
^^ Have you tried posting in his regional forum to see if anyone knows what's up or can help you get ahold of him??? Worth a shot.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Saturday, September 16, 2006 2:21 PM
APlusPerformance - JBodySource wrote:As far as I know Charlie is a good guy to deal with... there has to be a legit explination for the wait & trouble; but I'll leave that up to him.

I HIGHLY doubt he is out to screw you or anyone else.

X2 hes a good guy hes always gone out of his way to help me out

Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:23 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q=+Charles+huckelberry+il&hl=en&lr=&pb=f&sa=X&oi=rwp&ct=title

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:33 PM
I haven't heard from Charlie in a long time myself so I am getting kind of worried.

Monday, September 18, 2006 8:25 AM
Roadtrip! Pay my gas and I'll go see if he's ok. He's only about an hour, maybe hour and a half, north of me.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, September 18, 2006 8:35 AM
^^^ actually hes alot west and alittle south of you.... Rockford is stright west on I90

Monday, September 18, 2006 9:34 AM
He's northwest then LOL. I gotta go a bit north to get to Rockford that's all I know.

You know I suck with directions.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, September 18, 2006 11:21 PM
30 mins from me

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:54 PM
Hey Cory,

I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered my air intake from them on 9/10/06 and got a response the next day saying that it would be shipped out that same week. I still haven't received anything. I've already e-mailed and called like crazy, but I still get no response. If anybody knows Charlie, please let him know that he still has some customers waiting for their product. Thanks guys.
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 3:47 AM
Vincent Morris wrote:30 mins from me

Drive over then and see whats up...

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 3:53 AM
ouch......@!#$ty deal........ weird thing is i was planning on ordering somthing from them. good thing i seen this post

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 4:58 PM
Charlie is greast to work with he runs a good business.. Not out to screw anyone..

--------------------
RKSport--Baer--Magnaflow--Alpine--Hankook--GroundControl--Wings West

Friday, September 22, 2006 4:58 PM
we seriously need some sort of rating list for sellers. it's getting hard to keep up what company causes problems.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 4:50 PM
Ken AKA Ken96z AKA @!#$ wrote:Charlie is greast to work with he runs a good business.. Not out to screw anyone..

Well his actions seem to beg the contrary, maybe you should let him know that he has and is screwing people.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 8:32 PM
Hey guys,

Charlie finally got back to me through e-mail on Tuesday. He said that he has been having problems with receiving e-mails. He's already fixed my problem and has put my intake on rush delivery (he said it should be here within 3 days). I'll let everybody know whether or not I receive my item by the end of the week. Cory, check out the post by BoltZ22. Call Charles J Huckelberry. I also have a different number for him, so you can e-mail me for that info.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 3:50 AM
You should have told him to look at this post. Glad to hear he got back with someone.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 4:08 AM
i dealt w/ him before and never had a problem

Thursday, September 28, 2006 12:38 PM
Ok good news, he seems to be getting everything back together, contacted me today. Hopefully i can get my order and this whole mess can go away.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search