so... TRD toyota cavalier whats up with that - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: so... TRD toyota cavalier whats up with that
Monday, June 01, 2009 8:15 PM
[quote=BoltZ DesignZ™]
Weebel wrote:Those are nice looking cars..... but there still all GM...... They can put TRD on there all they want..... but its a lie.

TRD stands for

Toyota
Racing
Development

I wonder what a set of those mirrors would look like on my Sunfire....

TRD did make the kit, wing, and springs.

Ill give them that..... but those are just cosmetic.... not performance or functional parts (with the exception of the springs).... so in my book... it doesnt count since it's still a gm car with a gm engine and driveline.

A TRD Toyota is supposed to mean that its a hopped up version of a car (made by Toyota) using knowledge that they gained building race cars that they applied to there mass produced street driven vehicles..

Thats all I was saying....

I'm not denying that the cars are what they are..... there pretty sweet in my opinion too.... its just that putting TRD on one seems wrong to me.

Monday, June 01, 2009 8:48 PM
all of you are crazy... no such thing as toyota cavaliers... and whats all this crap about toyota tails lights and mirrors.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 10:09 AM
Weebel wrote:[quote=BoltZ DesignZ™]
Weebel wrote:Those are nice looking cars..... but there still all GM...... They can put TRD on there all they want..... but its a lie.

TRD stands for

Toyota
Racing
Development

I wonder what a set of those mirrors would look like on my Sunfire....

TRD did make the kit, wing, and springs.

Ill give them that..... but those are just cosmetic.... not performance or functional parts (with the exception of the springs).... so in my book... it doesnt count since it's still a gm car with a gm engine and driveline.

A TRD Toyota is supposed to mean that its a hopped up version of a car (made by Toyota) using knowledge that they gained building race cars that they applied to there mass produced street driven vehicles..

Thats all I was saying....

I'm not denying that the cars are what they are..... there pretty sweet in my opinion too.... its just that putting TRD on one seems wrong to me.

no big deal really. i mean if trd designed it, its a trd part wether its cosmetic or not. im sure trd has a ton of parts for its japanese cars that are purely cosmetic as well. i dont think anyone with any real knowledge would consider them a trd car, we all consider them just a right hand drive cavy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, June 02, 2009 4:24 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:TRD Toyota Cavalier.....built in lordstown, OH

Holy sh!t. Did anyone else notice that the steering wheel is on the right in that car?
That's crazy. Someone should convert their J to that.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 4:50 PM
TRD CAV = A LIE!!!

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 10:11 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:TRD Toyota Cavalier.....built in lordstown, OH

Holy sh!t. Did anyone else notice that the steering wheel is on the right in that car?
That's crazy. Someone should convert their J to that.

Your just noticing that? LOL

Dude there sold in Japan.... they drive on the other side of the road there... of course the wheel would be on that side from the factory.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 4:44 AM
think ya missed the carcasm weeble or your adding to it lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:49 AM
sndsgood wrote:think ya missed the carcasm weeble or your adding to it lol

We shall never know..

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 9:50 AM
wow i still cant believe there is still post that come up about this issue. Well for those who know who i am you know i have been dealing with Toyota Cavalier parts for years on and off and still the only one that has a REAL TRD TOYOTA CAVALIER and a show one.

have a good day.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:44 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:wow i still cant believe there is still post that come up about this issue. Well for those who know who i am you know i have been dealing with Toyota Cavalier parts for years on and off and still the only one that has a REAL TRD TOYOTA CAVALIER and a show one.

have a good day.

Gayyyy lol hey steve look into some Holden parts for me

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier
Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:28 PM
Anyone have the part # for the RHD trunk lid?

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 9:41 PM
sndsgood wrote:think ya missed the carcasm weeble or your adding to it lol

To be honest.... I wasnt sure if he was being sarcastic or not.... so either way ya want to go with that LOL..

Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:35 PM
THE HATED ONE wrote:wow i still cant believe there is still post that come up about this issue. Well for those who know who i am you know i have been dealing with Toyota Cavalier parts for years on and off and still the only one that has a REAL TRD TOYOTA CAVALIER and a show one.
have a good day.

You're no longer the only one with a show one

Thursday, June 04, 2009 9:15 PM
the mirrors are marked TOYOTA....

Thursday, June 04, 2009 9:56 PM
Its kinda a shame to take a real Toyota Cavalier and turn it into a show car stripping it off all its original rareness.

Friday, June 05, 2009 4:02 AM
Clipzed Z24 wrote:
have a good day.

You're no longer the only one with a show one

ah ah ah, it hasnt been to a show yet so you can't say that girlie lol.

Friday, June 05, 2009 6:25 AM
Clipzed Z24 - you havent seen anything yet! trust me this will be the holy mother of all Toyota Cavaliers very soon and Yes i did more paint and lets just say bye bye L2.2.... hope to see your ride one day in person.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Friday, June 05, 2009 1:25 PM
True Jason, the new and improved version hasn't been to a show yet, but next weekend may be the 1st, that is if it's back together by then!!!

The Hated One, can't wait to see what you have in store with yours!!

Friday, June 05, 2009 11:52 PM
How about the ultra-rare Special Edition 2.4Z with the leather interior and the red/black badges? I have no idea how few were made... but the seats and badges were available through GM part numbers too...

Saturday, June 06, 2009 6:41 AM
Lenko - i have seen it from time to time come up over there its the TRDs that are ultra rare since i got this one back in 04 i only since another one come up only ONE!

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Saturday, June 06, 2009 6:57 AM
Clipzed Z24 wrote:True Jason, the new and improved version hasn't been to a show yet, but next weekend may be the 1st, that is if it's back together by then!!!

The Hated One, can't wait to see what you have in store with yours!!

you know i can't wait to see it.

Friday, June 12, 2009 8:25 AM
Weebel wrote:Its kinda a shame to take a real Toyota Cavalier and turn it into a show car stripping it off all its original rareness.

His show cav was not a TRD cav..it was converted to RHD using toyota cav parts..IIRC
the black car however is still in its true TRD glory

Friday, June 12, 2009 9:49 PM
Ohhh OK.... I fell better now LOL

Saturday, June 13, 2009 1:28 AM
So there's how many REAL RHD TRD Cav's and how many fake JDM abused ones? lol

Also is that blue and white one with the IS 300 tail lights actually a real RHD one or did they convert it?

Wayders was selling a RHD conversion kit a couple months ago.

Saturday, June 13, 2009 4:41 AM
Blindz24 wrote:So there's how many REAL RHD TRD Cav's and how many fake JDM abused ones? lol

Also is that blue and white one with the IS 300 tail lights actually a real RHD one or did they convert it?

Wayders was selling a RHD conversion kit a couple months ago.

The blue and white one is a conversion, his black one is a real TRD RHD Cav. Mine is also a conversion.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search