so... TRD toyota cavalier whats up with that - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: so... TRD toyota cavalier whats up with that
Saturday, June 13, 2009 6:23 AM
Blindz24 wrote:So there's how many REAL RHD TRD Cav's and how many fake JDM abused ones? lol

TRD did up 50. 25 one year, 25 the next. i wanna say it was 1998 and 1999, but could be wrong.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!

Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:42 PM
Bolt? its 97 its number 19 out of 50 as far as i know they only did it for that year. Now is that true not sure just told by the dealer in Japan that, also they ONLY came black. Hope that clears this up.

For the White/blue one go here for info. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPd8uPHWkuM

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Sunday, June 14, 2009 8:38 PM
Just looked on Lenko's site. here's what he's got:

Quote:

The TRD Toyota Cavalier

Some 100 Toyota Cavaliers were modified by TRD Technocraft after arrival in Japan. They featured an 11-piece body kit:

Only available in 97 and 98 years. 50 per year.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, June 14, 2009 11:34 PM
The only problem with that is I have no idea where I found that information

I could be wrong... wouldn't be the first time..

Thursday, July 09, 2009 11:12 PM
Weebel wrote:You have to be Kidding me...... Toyota Cavaliers are made by GM and sold by Toyota in Japan..... not the other way around.... you dumbass....

Jesus.

Hate to break it to you guys, but the 50 actual TRD Toyota Cavaliers were all built in the great USA...in Ohio I believe. They were then exported overseas.

Source: Wikipedia

Toyota Cavalier
1996 Toyota Cavalier coupé (Japanese export model with amber rear turn signals)

As part of a wider effort to avoid additional restrictions on exports to the US, the third generation model was briefly sold in Japan by Toyota under an agreement with GM, badged as the Toyota Cavalier. Aside from the fact that it was right hand drive, the Toyota Cavalier also featured a leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel, wider front fenders, amber turn signals for Japanese regulations, power folding side mirrors, side turn signal repeater lights on the front fenders, and carpeting on the inside of the trunk lid. Interior seats were often flecked with color, and the rear seat had a fold-down armrest. The Toyota Cavalier was entirely produced by GM in the USA and sold from 1995 - 2000. 1996-2000 Toyota Cavaliers came equipped with the 2.4L LD9 engine, while the 1995 used the 2.3 liter quad 4.

While all Chevrolet-badged Cavaliers received a facelift for 2000, the Toyota did as well with the updated center console, head-lights/hood/front bumper, tail-lights, and colors available.

A fair number of these vehicles are re-exported as Japanese used cars, most notably to New Zealand. Production of the Toyota Cavalier ceased in June 2000.

TRD made a body kit and rear wing for the Cavalier, available exclusively in Japan.
Friday, July 10, 2009 9:48 AM
Nate VV wrote:Hate to break it to you guys

Hate to break what? You just repeated what had already been said...?

I wrote most of that info, which someone reposted onto Wikipedia from sources here. As you can see, there are still errors. There was no 2.3L Quad 4, as there was no 1995 model year Toyota Cavalier.

Yes, all Toyota Cavaliers were built in Lordstown, Ohio.. including all the regular 'Toyota Cavalier exclusive' parts. But the TRD body kit and wing was made by TRD Technocraft in Japan, and was never available in North America.

Friday, July 10, 2009 9:52 AM
Nate VV wrote:
Weebel wrote:You have to be Kidding me...... Toyota Cavaliers are made by GM and sold by Toyota in Japan..... not the other way around.... you dumbass....

Jesus.

Hate to break it to you guys, but the 50 actual TRD Toyota Cavaliers were all built in the great USA...in Ohio I believe. They were then exported overseas.

Source: Wikipedia

Toyota Cavalier
1996 Toyota Cavalier coupé (Japanese export model with amber rear turn signals)

As part of a wider effort to avoid additional restrictions on exports to the US, the third generation model was briefly sold in Japan by Toyota under an agreement with GM, badged as the Toyota Cavalier. Aside from the fact that it was right hand drive, the Toyota Cavalier also featured a leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel, wider front fenders, amber turn signals for Japanese regulations, power folding side mirrors, side turn signal repeater lights on the front fenders, and carpeting on the inside of the trunk lid. Interior seats were often flecked with color, and the rear seat had a fold-down armrest. The Toyota Cavalier was entirely produced by GM in the USA and sold from 1995 - 2000. 1996-2000 Toyota Cavaliers came equipped with the 2.4L LD9 engine, while the 1995 used the 2.3 liter quad 4.

While all Chevrolet-badged Cavaliers received a facelift for 2000, the Toyota did as well with the updated center console, head-lights/hood/front bumper, tail-lights, and colors available.

A fair number of these vehicles are re-exported as Japanese used cars, most notably to New Zealand. Production of the Toyota Cavalier ceased in June 2000.

TRD made a body kit and rear wing for the Cavalier, available exclusively in Japan.

Awesome.

You bring back an old post just to state the obvious, I hate to break it to ya...

Friday, July 10, 2009 11:48 AM
this post is alive again!! wow i might have to take the TRD out tonight and take some new photos just to add on here, You know what i will photos coming soon!

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Friday, July 10, 2009 12:00 PM
sweet^^^ get her out

Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:24 AM
we still need both cars at next years show ,steve!

14.4 @ 101 Bradenton Motorsports Park 11/22/08
Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:11 PM
Hated one. I remember seeing engine bay pics of the white/blue car and the brake master cylinder was still on the left side and you said that you just moved the steering. Did you ever do the full conversion? If not you inly have 1 1/2 RHD cavs

Monday, July 13, 2009 11:30 AM
i have one of kind RHD

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Monday, July 20, 2009 10:30 PM
blah blah blah...where are those pics at
Saturday, July 25, 2009 9:14 AM
its been raining here on the weekends hoping this coming weekend i can get the black one out for a bit. Its been in the garage for 4 months now just seating.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:31 PM
THE HATED ONE wrote:Clipzed Z24 - you havent seen anything yet! trust me this will be the holy mother of all Toyota Cavaliers very soon and Yes i did more paint and lets just say bye bye L2.2.... hope to see your ride one day in person.

Doubt that. Interior is soo weak compare to a lot of American LHD cavy's.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:17 PM
John at least i can say this: I was at the Florida J-Body Meet just like you and didnt bitch out like some people and come later that night. I would like to thank them people for there support in our scene.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:57 PM
THE HATED ONE wrote:John at least i can say this: I was at the Florida J-Body Meet just like you and didnt bitch out like some people and come later that night. I would like to thank them people for there support in our scene.

I agree with you on that.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:15 PM
Now come on John you agree with me all the time you just dont want to let others know.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Monday, August 03, 2009 9:40 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:John at least i can say this: I was at the Florida J-Body Meet just like you and didnt bitch out like some people and come later that night. I would like to thank them people for there support in our scene.

ROFL

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, September 21, 2009 11:50 PM
i plan on converting my cavi to a toyota cavalier and does anyone know if theres anyway to get the TRD bodykit nowadays i heard that the molds were destroyed but a few companys remade some and if anyone knows where i could get the other parts could ya let me know im in canada but will probably have to get the parts elsewhere THANKS

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 12:28 AM
I would say first get the wing from Alias. He is selling one, that is probably the hardest part of the TRD body kit to get. To get a true TRD body kit is difficult. I obtained one but I'm using that one on my car, so your best option is getting the one from Gravana. Maybe some one in the org is selling a copy check the classifieds. The eye lids may be obtained from Steve if you look up on the thread he posted under the Hated one. good luck on your build.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:39 AM
Couldve swore Gravana made a copy of the kit

Friday, September 25, 2009 5:54 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:
JBO Chat User: Speedline02 wrote:i know every toyota cav part i wanted was available from the chevy dealer EXCEPT the 2.4Z badge

I still need to meet up with you =P

Saturday, September 26, 2009 2:16 PM
you know whats awesome about that vid on page 1? my old Cav and current Cav are both in it LOL

if any of you FL guys wanna see what Stacy looked like before the Eco swap, its the dark purple one at 2:12.. and the Black Pearl is at 2:27

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, October 01, 2009 5:52 AM
David Horton,
i have a one and only gravana copy (GMX) TRD kit in carbon fiber for sale its the ONLY ONE ever made! if youre interested

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search