Let me tell you guys about a guy.... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Let me tell you guys about a guy....
Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:28 PM
I've been here now for over ten years, and in my entire time here I've had nothing but good experiences with many members on here buying and selling products. I've traveled long distances and had people drive long distances to me. I've had many good friends come out of all this over the years and why I've always loved being in a j-body.

This story im about to tell is in reference to my for sale post over in the northeast forum, and you can see the thread here ----> Click me

I got into contact with a guy named Shawn Smith.... On sept 29 he messaged me wanting the supercharger kit and rollbar. We talked for a week and he decided to drive all the way from Ohio to come get everything. The deal was originally $600 for everything. I agreed to drop it down to $575 since he was making an 8 hour drive for everything. He came to pick everything up on the 6th of October.

Heres the kicker of what happened and me being such a dumbass and a nice guy at the same time. He showed up with only $500. He said he tried taking money out and his bank card only allowed a maximum of $500 a day. I even took him over to an atm and confirmed this. So I was like ok... (im no dickhead and wasnt going to send him back empty handed after a long trip)... so I told him to just send me the money when you get home that would be fine. It was only $75 so i figured he would be good for it.

Dumbass mistake #2 on my part..... I forgot the harness bar at work (a part of the rollcage), so I told him Id mail it to him no problem. And I did costing me $14.

Ill skip to the point... This asshole still hasn't sent me any money. Its excuse after excuse and lie after lie from this damn kid. I even messaged him monday saying if I didnt have it by today I was posting this story up. And he said he would. So after all this I only made $486 on very rare M62 kit for a 2.4 LD9 and autopower rollbar.

Spread this around to everyone...... I'm about to post up his address and phone number I'm so pissed.

Re: Let me tell you guys about a guy....
Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:52 PM
thats bires man, you have always been a stand up guy as far as I know. I even remember reading about him wanting that stuff.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:01 PM
Find his facebook and we all can bomb it with this video.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:11 PM
Wow

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:39 PM
Thats some bs right there.
Friday, November 16, 2012 4:17 AM
IN for facebook bombing.

Friday, November 16, 2012 10:50 PM
wow, yeah.. im down to bomb him
Friday, November 16, 2012 11:13 PM
I found it, but I don't know if it's against the rules to post it.

I'll just say his e-mail is in his profile.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:26 AM
Heres an update....

After I posted this the other night he messages me asking for my paypal address. So I give it to him. He said he'll send me $100 and I would have it by the next morning. So I waited all day yesterday and still nothing.

I mean seriously?

And screw the rules when it comes to dirtbags like this. Like I said, I have his mailing address and cell number ready to post up and I'm about to do it.

Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:50 AM
that's messed up. you are way nicer than I am. Like you, i would have taken a little bit off the price because he was driving so far. As far as him showing up with insufficient funds, I would have sent his ass back with nothing. That's because I'm an asshole. I would never make a long ass drive and not bring enough money. How many days in advance did you guys set everything up? Talk about shady/lazy/stupid on his part. I hope you get this worked out. We all know you're a good dude, heck you let everyone draw on your car at the 08 Bash.

Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:57 PM
sounds similar to the problem im having with AZN CAV, sent him money during the beginning of august and still havent recieved my refund, or part. huge loser. maybe i should post up a thread aswell.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:01 AM
Wow that sucks, I'd of sent him home empty handed as well. Update?

Friday, November 23, 2012 9:31 AM
I don't trust anyone, You shouldn't either man lol

Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:29 PM
Still nothing

For the principle of it I wanna go after him. Thinking of going to the authorities about this.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:08 PM
just make it, if you see no money by Monday, go ahead with your plan of going to the authorities.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:01 PM
I had this happen with a bodykit a long time ago, almost 8 years ago and the guy was from Canada, I called the police from his city and they agreed to go by there, also they did talk to him and that was enough to get him to send it. Also this was a much harder case than yours, disconnected number and the address was a po box and I figured it out, and this was a buisness. Where there is a will there is a way. you will get it, it will just depend on what and how you execute the plan as to how fast you will get it.

Monday, December 03, 2012 3:56 AM
This facebook!

From his page...
"Trip to PA was good, no tickets or accidents. Got some more parts, almOst ready to start building"

You might want to let Tim Smith or William Smith know about the money he owes you... One of the two are either his dad or uncle.

Let us know man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, December 03, 2012 3:58 AM
Forgot to hit replies.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, December 03, 2012 3:51 PM
so are we gonna spam him with the video and a link to this thread orr??...

Have a nice day.
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 7:38 AM
So i checked... He hasn't logged in to JBO and posted to any of the forums since October 7th. .

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:06 PM
lets photo bomb him and how about an update bro?

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 7:20 PM

well he got back in touch with me....

needless to say I'm even more irritated than ever. He talks to me like this is no big deal. Said he had to buy a new iphone and is purchasing a TVS for the setup i sold him. Yet has problems sending me $75?

Interesting find on the facebook pages... that is 100% him

Still no money... nothing but excuses.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 7:34 PM
and sorry ill try to log in here more... I've just been really busy with work

Plus I totaled the cavfire. I'm salvaging what i can off of it and picking up a 99 4-door cavalier friday. I have some plans for it but its just going to be my winter car and daily backup. The firebird is going under the knife soon.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 9:13 PM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:So i checked... He hasn't logged in to JBO and posted to any of the forums since October 7th. .

meckster wrote:and sorry ill try to log in here more... I've just been really busy with work

I meant Shawn Smith hasn't logged in to JBO and posted since October 7th =P

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 9:22 PM
I after reading the post and your latest find it completely inresponsible for the buyer to insist on buying more items until his obligation to you is done.I would document any calls,and emails and give him a said date that payment is due,and then follow with a legal matter and let him know this.It is only 75.00 but $ is $ and he has the parts.Just my take and handle this politely and be firm on a due date.Good luck

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search