Old School Check-in - Page 26 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Old School Check-in
Thursday, April 16, 2020 3:17 PM
The one I have is a 4-2-1 style. I dont have the 2-1 part but if you are willing to pay for shipping its yours! Once all this covid-19 crap is over I should say.

Thursday, April 16, 2020 3:20 PM
Also have a old 96z24 intake manifold and a 99z24 ECU M/T someone can have, just need to pay shipping.
Friday, April 17, 2020 7:18 AM
There are still a good amount of people that would probably take you up on those offers.

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS

Sunday, May 03, 2020 12:15 PM
I'm still here (J TO ENVY)! I stumbled upon my former 02 ECO Sunfire GT for sale on Craig's List back at the end of January 2017. I drove about 500 miles and 13 hours round trip in one day to buy it back after having sold it in June 2008. I have been very slowly working on restoring it and may be buying an 02 Flame Yellow ECO GT parts car in the very near future!

Sunday, May 03, 2020 1:26 PM
Carrie glad to see you got it back.

Sunday, May 03, 2020 3:04 PM
Very cool you managed to track it down.

I refuse to let Satch out of my sight, and I say this whole sitting in it cleaning up some wiring.

Wednesday, May 06, 2020 6:10 PM
Thanks guys! I thought for sure it would have been long totaled or rotting away in a junkyard somewhere! I was shocked to find it after 8.5 years! It still doesn't seem real!

I did end up getting the parts car for $500.00 today! I'll be using it to turn my GT back into an official GT by swapping the wheels (mine is currently sitting on 14" steelies) and the leather steering wheel, shift knob and e-brake handle (I swapped them over to my Sedan like a dumbass!). Plus some other miscellaneous bits and pieces. Then, I'm going to sell it to a local junkyard ASAP.

If anyone has any tips or tricks for swapping steering wheels and/or e-brake handles, I'd really appreciate it. I'm a little leery about these two things, especially the steering wheel (airbag). Thanks in advance!

Thursday, May 07, 2020 3:47 AM
Steering wheel is easy, parking brake handle can be a bit fiddly.

Airbags aren't all that bad, just a few connectors and done.

Sunday, May 17, 2020 6:20 PM
From what I've seen on here, the e-brake is a lot easier if you disconnect it under the rear end, correct?

Monday, May 18, 2020 7:09 AM
Yeah, doing that you wont be fighting the drum tension.

Thursday, May 28, 2020 2:38 AM
wow, registered in 2001. I guess that's not old school enough though. lol

I mostly lurked back in my JBO days. Nice to see so many familiar names!

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search