ECO Starting issues! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECO Starting issues!
Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:12 AM
Ok so my car just wont start as of yesterday morning.... heres the situation....

03 Ecotec 5 speed
25,000 on the engine.
intake
High flow cat
Cat-back

Car runs fine, go to store after work, go inside and hang out in store for 1.5 hours, then....

Go out to car, put it in nuetral, push in clutch, turn key to on (at this point everything is normal), twist key to start car and it cranks over (good healthy sound, no weird issues, sounds perfect.), but it just cranks over again and again, and wont fire, like it wont get spark or fuel to fire.

SO I plug in the code reader and tadda no errors. So I hav eno idea, I figured id check hear before I tear it up too bad and decide to fix random stuff. Also the battery is good and strong but ill charge it and /or try jumping the car to be sure.

Also I thought that maybe its the fuel pump or maybe a coil issue....

After work today i'll yank the plugs and see if there is any issues with them, and im gonna jack up the car and see if i can hear the fuel pump cycling, any other suggestions of things to check? Or any past experiences related to this??

I figured Id try those things while im waiting for anyinput you guys might have, then i'll dig into it and start replacing possible bad things.... this really sucks, great timing, right before it goes to bed for the winter....

Re: ECO Starting issues!
Thursday, October 05, 2006 7:23 AM
Quote:

fuel pump or maybe a coil issue....

Or fuel pump relay. That's what its sounding like to me.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 7:46 AM
dont you still have warranty? nevermind...its over

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2267189
Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:59 AM
Okay guys I feel like a big tool, my intake dropped down and pinned the throttle body open, and once we took the intake out to check conections and such the car fied up, got to looking around and voila! Now its runnning again!! Boy am I glad it was a stupid issue and not something major!!

OH and boooooooooooooooooo on weapon R for not having a bracket to hook the intake to the engine on the filter side, shoddy design if you ask me!!

Now I gotta go out and get a stock battery post so I can run my RK Sport intake, because the street wires extended post sticks out to far and it will rub on the Rk intake pipe...... if it aint one thing its another...... grrrrrrrrr!!!

But thanks for the help guys, and Kardain I love you bro, first to respond, thats my dog, JBNW 4 Life!

Thursday, October 05, 2006 7:13 PM
i had that happen to me once where my car wouldnt fire. turned out i had no gas :lol:

-------------

Thursday, October 05, 2006 7:54 PM
Quote:

my intake dropped down and pinned the throttle body open

Wow, I was way off.

Friday, October 06, 2006 3:41 AM
Not really, you were on the right track but it turned out to be that dumb and simple intkae problem, I was not looking forward to systematically replacing ignition or fuel sytem parts, so im glad it was this simple!

Monday, October 09, 2006 4:51 AM
Okay so now my darn fuel pump went out, dnag one thing after another...... but im taking it in stride and figure if im gonna get a new fuel pump I'll go ahead and jump up to the Walbro 255 setup. Now i think i got everything straightened out as far as what to order but I want to make sure, so does this look right to you guys??

From http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com

FPG003 255 ltr/hr high pressure kit for GM $113.40
FlexHose Flex hose $2.50

I believe thats all thats needed to do the walbro setup, le tme know if its not.

Monday, October 09, 2006 1:17 PM
How do you know it's just the fuel pump? There are several other thing you have to check to narrow it down to just the fuel pump.

I know for my car the connector at the body was loose causing a no start. I would check all the wiring.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 1:09 AM
I opened the schraeder valve on the fuel line and turned the car over, and no fuel pressure so no fuel pump, thats how I know.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 7:28 PM
Scorpio1 (blu03lambocavi) wrote:I opened the schraeder valve on the fuel line and turned the car over, and no fuel pressure so no fuel pump, thats how I know.

Well hopefully it's not the fuel pump relay, connector, relay, or any wiring.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:59 AM
Relay and wiring is good, i get power to pump and all the relays, checked them already, so I know its the pump itself. And if It aint then my test light and multimeter and fubared. LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search