Passlock problem Solid theft system light - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Passlock problem Solid theft system light
Monday, October 07, 2013 6:56 PM
Hey! hello everyone, i am new in this community and my native language is the spanish, then im sorry for any bad writting. the problem is this: i have a 1996 cavalier z24 and i have it for years, the long history is this: like 5 years ago, my dad was driving the car and then the ignition module failed, then my father take the car to a mechanic repairmen, he maked a short between some wires and the air filter gets the shock, on that moment the car started having an iddle problem but that was strange because the car did run fine until exactly 5 minutes, at this points then it starts iddle and never make the gearbox changes (it is automatic) the repairmen changed every sensor on the car, and we tested the pcm and it is good. then my dad take the car from there, until a time the car dont started anymore untill 7 months ago, when us gave the car to a new repairmen, he changed the oil pump and the crankshaft position sensor, HERE IS WHEN THE ACTUAL PROBLEM STARTED: the car started but in 2 seconds it shut down, the repairmen told us that the problem was the passlock, (the theft system light illuminates on the cluster) but he tried to make the relearn and nothing happened the light stays ON EVER it dont blinks, he changed the ingition cylinder, keeps failing, then we changed the instrument panel cluster and theres the same problem, the theft system light dont blink, we sended the pcm to repair and the technicians told us that it is good.

I really love this car, and i have fighting for months for it, but i dont know what i can do now, im really depressed about it, because i really want to repair it, and then keep it for a long time, but this is a hard situation. i know that this community knows a lot about j body cars, and this is my hope, i really aprreciate his answers and his help. thanks for reading my post

Re: Passlock problem Solid theft system light
Friday, October 11, 2013 12:31 PM
please... any answer
Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:51 PM
i keep waiting for an answer.
Tuesday, June 16, 2020 10:58 PM
Hey dude I'm not sure but did you get it fixed? I'm wondering because I just got a cavy myself and I'm wondering if you would know the fix? Thanks
Thursday, July 09, 2020 12:15 PM
Did u figure it out I have the same issue
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search