OK guys I need some help asap! I have an 05 cavalier that is my dirt track car. It was running fine up until yesterday, the battery was dead so i charged it up and now it won't start. When I turn the key forward I can hear the fuel pump prime ( checked pressure at the Schrader valve 58-60 psi while cranking). If I shoot some starting fluid in the intake it will run until the starting fluid is all gone. The relay under the dash ( I believe it's the DRL relay) will click once and then after the fuel pump stops priming it will click 5 or so more times. I can crank it all day and nothing will happen. I am assuming it's getting spark since it will fire on the starting fluid. I don't have a gauge cluster but I don't think it's the pass lock system since it won't start at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Just to follow up on this since it seems like whenever someone has a problem they never actually say what fixed the issue. So I thought I was getting fuel pressure, and initially I was, but the pass lock was shutting off the fuel pump after 2 seconds or so. My gauge was still reading 60 psi because the fuel was not being bled from the system via the injectors. I also found that if I disconnected the battery and reconnected it, the car would actually start for 2 seconds one time and every attempt after that it would only crank. At this point I realized that I most likely had a passlock problem. Not knowing how to test the bcm or pcm I went to the ignition switch. I tried measuring voltage coming from the passlock resistor which is on top of the lock cylinder. It has 3 wires (white and 2 black) but only 2 of them are functional. One of the black wires goes to a ground (black) and the other one is positive (yellow). I got no voltage coming from the resistor so I decided to investigate further. I pulled the lock cylinder out and inspected it and found nothing out of the ordinary, so I turned my attention to the other side of the ignition switch ( where the wires and 2 plugs go into it.) After taking off the 2 screws (these look like an inverted torx head) with a pair of pliers since I had no socket that would work with them, I pulled the black housing off. The housing is essentially 3 pieces, a round thing on the front (this must come off first) and then a top and bottom piece. After taking off the top piece you will see 4 contacts, one of mine was considerably darker than the other ones. So I cleaned all of them up with sandpaper and put it back together. Putting it back together actually took me about 30 minutes because I kept putting it back together wrong. The car would want to start the second I tried hooking up the battery. With a little trial and error I got that straightened out and the car works perfectly again. Sorry for the long winded post but I wanted to be as detailed as possible to try and help someone who may be having a similar situation as me.