a little help please - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
a little help please
Thursday, July 10, 2008 7:57 PM
hello I going to begin that I have been checking around and people had the same as I have right now; but none of the found a solution for it.
So here my problem my car won't change from 2 gear, it will from 1st to second but then it will go and go, but the gear won't go into 3rd gear it gets stuck in 2nd. The engine sounds like is going to blow up lol and the revolutions sound really strong and weird like a grinding kinda sound (dont know how to describe it).
Its a 1997 Z24 auto.
I had took it to the shop about a week ago before all that begin to happen. I send to try to change the cams gasket but they told me it was too expensive if I were to sell the car, so they end up putting a grey mettalic looking "cream" (cant get the word), around the were the gaskets are just to sell the small leak. But I dont think is because of that, that the car is acting like that.
please any question or help you can give me, please feel free to tell me. Thank you

Re: a little help please
Saturday, July 12, 2008 5:38 PM
Any warning light coming on? If so get tha car scanned and find out what code is it. Domingo, estos autos tienen una transmision electronica, modelo 4T40E por lo cual funciona segun los datos de varios sensores tales como velocidad, revoluciones por minuto,posición del acelerador etc... luego si el nivel de aceite de la transmision esta correcto creo lo mejor es escanear a ver que codigo de falla indica la computadora, lo cual ayudará a precisar cual es el problema. Also if you just want to sell the car you could try this: with the car in reverse push hard the throtle for 2 or 3 seconds stop and put in in D and push hard the throtle and see if it makes the changes to 2nd. 3rd.and 4th. this worked for me on a Mazda I had with the same problem( I think somethig was stuck in the valve body and with that it got loose, a valve or something), just be careful going fast in recerse!
Saturday, July 12, 2008 5:51 PM
btw this should be in the transmission forum.
Monday, July 14, 2008 9:34 AM
Luis Baptista wrote:( I think somethig was stuck in the valve body and with that it got loose, a valve or something)

that was the shop told me, so they did a trany service and nothing; and no engine light come up. only after they did the trany service it came up, but it did show up no codes; after it was driven for a while the light went out.
I will try backing up but i need to find a good long and empty place. lol
Gracias!

Monday, July 14, 2008 9:35 AM
Luis Baptista tu vives en CCS venezuela?????

Monday, July 14, 2008 7:13 PM
Yes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search