Look out cali here I come - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Look out cali here I come
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:20 AM
I will be driving my cav out to cali on the 21st shoudl be there by the 24th. I hope my car is ready for cali heh emissions are gunna rape me.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Re: Look out cali here I come
Tuesday, August 15, 2006 3:14 AM
good luck bud.
carful on the drive.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:55 AM
Being military you can keep your out of state plates. I HIGHLY recommend that.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:40 PM
FstCavZ24 (M62 ECO) wrote:Being military you can keep your out of state plates. I HIGHLY recommend that.

times a billion

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:24 PM
Yes but to get on base I still have to take an emissions test. Do you guys think I will pass with full exhasut, pace setter header, 2 1\4 pipe high flow cat and magnaflow muffler oh hand I have a 56mm tb if that counts for anything,

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 6:46 AM
I'm pretty sure the thing that will make you fail is the cat. The Pacesetter header should have the CARB sticker welded on, and im not so sure about the TB but I think you're ok with that.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:08 AM
It's tough to say. If the header doesn't have the CARB plauqe on it then no. Cat is iffy. I don't remember if I went through smog w a stock cat or not.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:04 AM
i never heard you comment on any smog checks chad

ida remembered you complaining about it , lol

i do know you waited to get your header after CARB approval went through on them

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:19 AM
When I worked on the base and still had the 99 w MI plates I had to have it smogged.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 8:28 PM
What all does emission test intail. THe gusy at work said they jsut scan the codes and look in the exhaust pipe to see if there is any black @!#$.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:10 PM
Well first off there's a visual inspection where they check over everything. If there's non stock parts they see if they have CARB numbers. Then make sure the CEL is off. Then run it on the rollers and use a tailpipe sniffer to check the fumes.

I got sponsored and was able to use the base smog shop. I'm not sure if they are hardcore about CARB #'s or not. I think the only thong i had performance done to my car at the time was a carb legal intake.

http://www.smogtips.com/

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:21 PM
Yeah see I dont have any carb legal parts heh so im @!#$ now. Guess I should jsut buy a plane ticket back and forget the car.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:26 PM
Does anyone know of a shadey shop that I can pay to pass my car?

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:52 AM
Cavie Freak wrote:Does anyone know of a shadey shop that I can pay to pass my car?

That's probably what you're going to have to do. You'll pass fine pollutant wise, it's the visual part of the exam that will make you fail.

Friday, August 18, 2006 9:57 PM
RoNuS20 wrote:
Cavie Freak wrote:Does anyone know of a shadey shop that I can pay to pass my car?

That's probably what you're going to have to do. You'll pass fine pollutant wise, it's the visual part of the exam that will make you fail.

There is a place right off base that everyone goes to. I have never heard of anyone there failing. But does anyone know of a shady place that I can pay if I do fial at the one off base. Im on coronado so hopefully something close if not then so be it I will drive.

Monday, August 21, 2006 11:10 PM
I would try a gas station.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:57 PM
I will have to check around I should be there tomorrow night and then will have all day the 24th for looking for one heh. Right now im in Green River? Utah Only like 80 miles into utah form colorado on i70.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:02 PM
Ugh Utah was such a boring drive. It was pretty cool for the first 20 miles or so. I'm glad I hit Nebraska late at night and in the dark. Have fun.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:10 PM
where are you going to be based at when ur in cali?

- Cameron (CaliforniaCavalier)
- www.csc-motorsports.com (my new NOR-CAL car club site!)

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:16 PM
Thursday, August 24, 2006 5:33 PM
hey there are some people out here that people will get passed without problems.....get in contact with me or george willings when you get here and we'll help you out.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:08 PM
CaviFreak, definatley get in touch with me when you get here. The guy across the street from me owns a smog shop, so passing should not be a problem. da fake z24 you need to call me me man, it is about those fishing poles, Mark has run out of patience and wants them back like 2 weeks ago, and Cory, well we just wont go there, he is pissed off.

GIT 'ER DONE!
Friday, August 25, 2006 3:30 PM
Cool thanks guys I will hit you up 05cav.

Friday, August 25, 2006 7:43 PM
where about are you right now? Last I seen I think it was Utah?

GIT 'ER DONE!
Saturday, August 26, 2006 12:45 AM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search