Tucson J's III - Page 58 - South Mountain Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tucson J's III
Monday, April 10, 2006 6:01 AM
not too many people acctually listen to the manufactuerer reccomendations. anything to make more power. you just have to know the limits of your vehicles engine so you dont blow anything up.

Monday, April 10, 2006 4:38 PM
Now if it's my car... I wouldn't mind putting a risk into it........my boss's truck.........

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Monday, April 10, 2006 5:24 PM
but hey, if he asked you to do it and it broke somthing then you have nothing to worry about it is on the owner of said vehicle.
Monday, April 10, 2006 8:53 PM
Solarfirepower wrote:Now if it's my car... I wouldn't mind putting a risk into it........my boss's truck.........

I'd still do it! Nitrous and Propane injection is the shiznit!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:03 AM
Okay.....I don't know anything about nitrous or propane injection installation. I would need assistance in assembly if he decided to get it. But then again....why would he need either of them to tow a trailer?

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:03 PM
why wouldn't he...

BIKER COPS CAN BE SUCH D!CKS AT TIMES (X2)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:42 PM
Ian---that is what instruction or "destruction" manuals are for. just follow steps they tell you to do and it should be no sweat. and depending on how big the trailer is he is towing he might need a little more power. i mean i dont tow crap and i could use more power
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:19 PM

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 12:27 AM
Nitrous is obviously extra air, propane is extra fuel! It's just like running a wet nitrous kit, only your fuel is not gasoline, it's propane because it has similar flame properties like diesel. Therefore you have a wet N2O setup and it's totally safe! I'd look into it though! Don't take my word!

Thursday, April 13, 2006 12:14 AM
Naw....I'm just say because nitrous won't be enough power for a long haul. As for the propane...doesn't really matter to me....again, the truck isn't mine to make a decision on.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Friday, April 14, 2006 7:57 AM
speak for yourself Ian, I'm on my third bottle and loving this stuff! The guy at townsends suggested I get a second bottle. I used the bottle up totally on the first night, but not to run the lines together, just leave one bottle hooked up and the other bottle ready for use. It was worth it to see everyones faces when I smashed on them! I still have some acuras to race!

Monday, April 24, 2006 5:37 PM
Chris, were are the pics of your cavy? I at least want to see what your car looks like with those Z24 wheels!

Bottle #4!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:40 PM
been busy man. i'll get some pics up in a day or 2, needs to take them still. after putting them on, the ride hight is higher, same amount of wheel gap as the old ones, but the car jst sits higher. i can now fit a soda can under it....

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:45 PM
No complaints from me when I had them!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 5:42 PM
oh, i'm not complaining, the wife likes it like that. the rx7 is my toy, lol

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 5:50 PM
Hey, the cavy doesn't scrape on those wrong-way tire spikes now or does it still do it? The ones you say scrapes all the way across the underside of the car? just wonderin', it's good to finally have ground clearance! Now I have these smaller tires on, but I drive carful and mind the roads that I drive unless the road comes out from under me!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:27 PM
no more tire spikes along the bottom, the wife loves that, lol. she likes how it sits right now anyways.

Friday, April 28, 2006 7:06 PM
Hehehe. I'm getting my cf trunk lid! It's gonna be awsome! I wonder what my car will do without nitrous right now...

Saturday, April 29, 2006 9:06 AM
@!#$ YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday, April 29, 2006 8:55 PM
hey this is going to sound weird but

who is going to be out tonght and what time??
Saturday, April 29, 2006 10:21 PM
too late man. i just got home from a friends house. did the brakes on the cavy. no shocks tho, they didn't come in like they said they would.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 12:54 AM
I was and then I was gone. Nick, if I missed you, I'm sorry.

Car Domain Update 3/06
Click on SIG

Sunday, April 30, 2006 8:28 PM
I was out, but didn't see anyone. I did race an acura legend, but I think the added cylinder pressures of nitrous finally got to this already cracked head. There is oil pouring out of the #4 spark plug hole! Litterally, oil is just coming out! I knew there was something wrong with my car when I wasn't gaining, that and it felt slower than it usually does with nitrous. Oh well, this is going to speed up my process of building my other head and installing the gear reduction starter to save about 10 lbs! Woopity doo! Now all I need is money to buy the parts to build the head and get a gasket set and head studs! I guess this means that the cavy will be sitting this summer out! I did however use the cavy more this year because I only put about 5'000 miles on the truck since last year!

Sunday, April 30, 2006 8:38 PM
By the way Nick, You should have taken a ride in the cavy while it was at it's prime! I got vids though. If I can get with my friend, I'll put them on an old video and maybe if we get another get together going, you can see a slow car racing and taking slower cars!

Chris-

Newest member of a Nitrous casualty
Sunday, April 30, 2006 8:52 PM
well, sorry bout the message-- i actually never made it out there. i thought i was going to go out and cruise but i ended up not going.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search