winter boredome. - Page 2 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winter boredome.
Friday, January 29, 2010 6:13 PM
Well there is I believe also a yellow lss with a good rear bumper, and since you have a red car, I'd say you should grab that one. Just so if Brad goes for the other one, it's already black(as I believe that's the car he wants it for?!?)

As for prices?!? Like I said, the guy is all over the place. I want to go talk to him about his prices, and give him a reality check. Than once he sees that I am sending people his way, maybe he will get his head on straight...

Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:23 AM
Well if that is the case then he wont be making much money as it is better to pay the little bit more than he is charging for used stuff and get the OEM stuff but I still do not know where to find what I am looking for nor what the hell it is called as I have checked GMpartsdirect.com and they have it listed as some funky ass name and they wont tell me anything until I give them my vehicle specifics which I do not want to do either because they said they would not ship to Canada.
Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:56 PM
There is also a place around here that sells rebuild bumpers, I'll have to ask my buddy what the name of it is. We bought one for a focus and it came very nice.

On top of that, I saw a whole buttload of nice looking bumpers at a shop just of Faithful.

I'll get names and addresses as soon as I can.

Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:23 PM
Todd Daniels wrote:Well if that is the case then he wont be making much money as it is better to pay the little bit more than he is charging for used stuff and get the OEM stuff but I still do not know where to find what I am looking for nor what the hell it is called as I have checked GMpartsdirect.com and they have it listed as some funky ass name and they wont tell me anything until I give them my vehicle specifics which I do not want to do either because they said they would not ship to Canada.

PUNC-TU-A-TION PLEASE#!@($*#@(%*(_#$!^%!@

God that was a painful run on and on and on and on and on sentence. As I said, I plan on going to see him sometime and giving him a reality check, and if he accepts the check... than he shall start getting more customers and that I can at least partially guarantee.

Friday, February 05, 2010 9:09 PM
Yeah, we have a dickhead here in Edmonton that owns an F-Body farm. Pretty much the same thing with that guy with how he thinks he controls all the f-body part inventory, then charge an arm and a leg for the parts.

I know a guy out in Strathcona County that owns a J-Body farm and has some decent newer J's. He's a little high on the prices, but I know his stuff is good and not Pick 'n' Pull junk.
Friday, February 05, 2010 9:13 PM
HOLY FUCK IT'S BRIAN. I thought you were dead man, hahahahah.

Kranky!! you made it out to that guy yet and bitch him out about the prices yet? I want an LSS rear bad!!!

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Friday, February 05, 2010 10:01 PM
I r not dead, but the winter has been a bitch on the transmission.
Saturday, February 06, 2010 5:26 PM
Friday... I got off work at like 445, drove by the place. He normally closes at 5, sometimes later if working on a car.
Well he was already closed at 450.

But yeah... one of these days, I'm hoping to stop in there... maybe tomorrow?!? That's a pretty big maybe tho.

Sunday, February 07, 2010 9:53 AM
if someone is making a stop to grab stuff can they grab the fuel pump assembly for me and grab the black venturi hose?

Sunday, February 07, 2010 1:10 PM
next chance I actually make it out to one, I'll just grab you a full set-up. 00+?

Monday, February 08, 2010 4:45 PM
sure, destroy the back seat and pull it through lol, thats all i was gonna do

Monday, February 08, 2010 5:19 PM
I'll need a way to cut the floor pan if I did it that way. was just going to snap the bolts holding the tank on or bend the @!#$ out of the the brackets until they break, hahahah.

Monday, February 08, 2010 8:19 PM
So the place I was talking about earlier with stacks and stacks of bumpers lying around is called
PRO BODY PARTS
705-43RD STREET EAST
SASKATOON, SK S7K 0V7
PH# 306-955-1619

Might be worth a call for anyone hunting.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:15 PM
make it into that guy with the J heaven?

or would that be J hell?

Friday, February 12, 2010 1:09 PM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:make it into that guy with the J heaven?

or would that be J hell?

Yes I did make it there... no I didn't get results hahah.

I went in to go talk to the owner Cliff, but instead his brother was in, I noticed there was an 02 Sunfire GT outside, in white, so I wanted to check if it was the 2.2 Eco or 2.4, and me and the brother argued back and forth about which it was until we popped the hood, and he told me there was no way it could be Eco MWAHAHAHHA. And as you could guess, it was Eco. Since I was missing having driven mine and being power deprived in my neon, I asked if I could take it for a test drive 'cause my sister was interested in a newer car'(lie). Cliff had to come over from some other place and bring the dealer plate, I drove it around the block, and holy crap... I wouldn't wanna buy one of their salvaged cars, thats all I'm saying. Maybe it was just this one, but the thing rattled like all hell, the headlight and bumper etc were outta alignment. ABS light was on, and thats all after going through the SGI inspections after rebuild. But I did get to enjoi the peppiness of the 2.2.

Anywho, when I got back from the test drive(went around the block basically), Cliff wasn't in sight, so I just left. However, I did think about how I'd go about the convo today in the shower of all places hahah. Decided basically, come in, tell him how many ppl I can get parts for etc, price wise we'd go according to what buyer is willing to pay prior to shipping, what Buck's JY would want, and what he wants, and find a happy medium. Than give him a reality check that the cars are just getting older and in worse condition just stitting on the lot bladdabladadserf.

So yeah, I'm still planning on it. Just hasn't quite happened. I'm hitting up Buck's JY tomorrow for the neon to possibly grab a muffler, so may stop by Cliff's first, we shall see.

Friday, February 12, 2010 3:03 PM
oh well.

honestly, I prolly would never get a junkyard rebuilt car ever anyway. who knows why it was there in the first place. . . .

Saturday, February 13, 2010 2:18 PM
Yeah I know, I just wanted to see how it was. Tried there again today... the front gates were open, the sign on the door said open... knocked no one came. Was kinda in a rush so didnt sit and wait around, but yeah.

Saturday, February 13, 2010 4:43 PM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:oh well.

honestly, I prolly would never get a junkyard rebuilt car ever anyway. who knows why it was there in the first place. . . .

Why not? You could get that two headed cav that Nikki posted in photos & media a while back!

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, February 15, 2010 12:50 PM
Xplicit wrote:
Todd Daniels wrote:I wish we had some junkers here in SK that had some newer cars but they don't allow you to remove any parts yourself and they charge an arm and a leg for some other parts which are almost as much as the OEM replacement new.

Cliff's in Saskatoon is LOADED with Jbodies

Only problem is... he is quite often a lying douche with prices. And yes... those are all J's in his yard. Seeing those pics again makes me angry.. i gotta go talk to him.

i want to goooo there! i need a new front and back bumper and i need a 03-05 sunfire dash pad and ac hose...that make me sad to see all those cars waiting...

i havent been on jbody lately just mostly in chat lol but im installing my front jl 6.5 comp c2's today and i fixed some lighting issues and then installed me clear outer tails they look pretty nice with the silver ill post pics after its clean again and not all sloppy out..

Monday, February 15, 2010 6:27 PM
holy @!#$ you're alive :|

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:01 PM
~NiKki~ wrote: ill post pics after its clean again and not all sloppy out..

So... June-ish?

2010 Honda Fit LX

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:02 PM
Well... for those of you who have gone to Buck's in Saskatoon, I am pretty sure they will be getting quite a few more J-bodies in, in the future. As I am pretty sure Cliff's is pretty much done with the J scene and moving onto Deltas. However he still obviously has the cars there. Reason I say this... is I am not sure how/if Cliff will accept what I say... And I was at Bucks today, got a cover for the trunk and a vent for 3 bucks! It woulda been five, but I only had three cash, and the guy didnt wanna fire up the debit machine hahah.

So yeah... just saying, if I can't get him to come to his senses... by all means, someone else can come try if you guys are in the area.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:56 PM
I may be coming out for a drive within the next month or so. . . .

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 2:53 PM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:I may be coming out for a drive within the next month or so. . . .

I may be meeting up and joining you than! We need to get some kinda meet planned for the GMSC community around here. Unfortunately I will be in a Chrysler, but nonetheless.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 4:52 PM
if you find anything like a dash from an 03+ sunfire and venting i want it!! pretty please!! lol just text me and yes im alive and i have pics becuase i washed it but by the time i got home it was durrrty again lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search