Moving to San Antonio - South Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Moving to San Antonio
Friday, March 28, 2008 2:36 PM
Well south central region...the BlueDeuce is on his way!!

Got my orders today and I'll be moving to Randolph AFB in July...currently I'm in Germany.

Car will be shipped in late May and arrive in Dallas in early July and we'll leave here on 7 July. Plan to find a place north/east of Randolph in Schertz or Selma or surrounding area.

Got a lot to do before we leave here and of course when moving an entire household many other things come up but excited to be heading to Texas!

Also...is there a carivan for the Bash heading up? Let me know the details as I have reservations already for a room!! Would love to drive up with some Texas Js!!

Anyway....let me know the local clubs to hang with and mod with as well as some forums to register on!

See you guys in July!!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?

Re: Moving to San Antonio
Friday, March 28, 2008 3:55 PM
welcome to texas!

so your moving to s.a. and the car is coming to dallas?

either way theres a nice size group of j's in DFW, S.A., Austion, and Houston.

Friday, March 28, 2008 4:03 PM
nice...cant wait to see the ride. here is our San Antonio group.

our club is GM's of SA

www.gmofsa.com

we got a supercharged sunfire with eco swap, fully built eco with turbo and a few other boosted J's.

contact Ben...aka ECOCLEAN, he is the group leader.

Friday, March 28, 2008 4:04 PM
Yep...nearest location for the military to ship the Cavy!

No problem...land at DFW in July and go pick her up and drive to SA!

Got some forums to to look at? Clubs?

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Friday, March 28, 2008 4:07 PM
go to www.gmofsa.com

Friday, March 28, 2008 4:19 PM
Ztwenty4door wrote:go to www.gmofsa.com

Just registered!!

Friday, March 28, 2008 4:37 PM
hell yeah! welcome man the car is sweet.
Friday, March 28, 2008 6:48 PM
HOLY @!#$ i must see this car in person ive seen pics but its now in texas. I say roadtrip to sa whos with meh

Friday, March 28, 2008 6:55 PM
Saturday, March 29, 2008 3:09 AM
R3D05LsSport wrote:HOLY @!#$ i must see this car in person ive seen pics but its now in texas. I say roadtrip to sa whos with meh

No road trip yet!!

Got to get out of Germany first! LOL!!

Saturday, March 29, 2008 3:50 PM
welcome back As much as id love to drive back home to Indiana and go to the bash I wont be able to do it this year BUT next year I will get a group of us together and ROAD TRIP. have a safe one bro.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41

Saturday, March 29, 2008 10:04 PM
Woo!!! I wanna see this car

Saturday, May 17, 2008 10:09 AM
i thought you were movin to ohio?

Saturday, May 17, 2008 10:49 AM
Ztwenty4door wrote:contact Ben...aka ECOCLEAN, he is the group leader.

....homo....

Doin it Texas Style...
Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:10 PM
s1lver_N1p (S-m62) wrote:i thought you were movin to ohio?

I was....but both my wife and I are active duty and this was one of three places they could keep us together (DC area and Offutt NE were the other two)....I lost nothing in NE...no way can I afford to live in DC....so San Antonio it was!

We wanted Dayton Ohio...but in the end...family matters most and staying together.

We could have went to the UK (United Kingdom) as well...but we wanted to come back to the states after being in Germany for the last 4 years.

It's all good though...home is where the family is!

Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:26 PM
well were glad to have ya ..

Monday, May 19, 2008 5:04 AM
BlueDeuce wrote:
s1lver_N1p (S-m62) wrote:i thought you were movin to ohio?

I was....but both my wife and I are active duty and this was one of three places they could keep us together (DC area and Offutt NE were the other two)....I lost nothing in NE...no way can I afford to live in DC....so San Antonio it was!

We wanted Dayton Ohio...but in the end...family matters most and staying together.

We could have went to the UK (United Kingdom) as well...but we wanted to come back to the states after being in Germany for the last 4 years.

It's all good though...home is where the family is!

Well you made a good choice in San Antonio. it's a good city for military families. And has about the best Hospital in the nation with BAMC. And you will find the city it self really caters to the military.

Monday, May 19, 2008 11:56 AM
Yeah I've not heard a bad thing about it other than traffic in downtown....of course all big cities have some bad...but from what I've heard it's a really nice place, cheap and lots to do!

Monday, May 19, 2008 3:31 PM
well with them finishing construction on I10 it got better now.

Monday, June 23, 2008 11:13 PM
UPDATE!!!

We now leave on 9 Jul 08 and fly into DFW. Staying the night up there to recover from the flight, picking up the cars on 10 Jul and then heading towards SA.

We bought a house too!!! YIPPIE!!!! It's in Cibolo and got a great deal on it....nice and big too...pics of course once we get there and get it all together....plus a house warming party!! It has a simming pool!!!

Cars are all gone...enite house has been shipped out....living off government stuff now (yuck!)....but that's all good!

Just wanted to say we are about ready to leave....2 weeks and a wake up call and we are on the way!!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:24 AM
good to hear ! hope you have a safe trip and hope everything arrives ok !

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:12 AM
ya we are trying to set up a meet and great at my house. once you get settled in. maybe some out of towners will show up.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:43 AM
oh we will seeing as how he gets to DFW first

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:37 PM
R3D05LsSport wrote:oh we will seeing as how he gets to DFW first

YA BUT HE IS NOT LIVING THERE OR WILL HIS CAR BE THERE.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 6:31 PM
it will for the day so dfw gets to hump it first you get sloppy seconds

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search