Pacesetter Coating sucks - Page 2 - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Pacesetter Coating sucks
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:43 PM
AREA 51 wrote:o.k I'll play your little game. I did the searches on the item and found the stuff I wanted and if you need to know I had an idea but its still a @!#$ty product coating and I felt like venting. now does that warant all of you calling me a dumbass? Nope, but if you feel better then fine. Its still @!#$ty and you guys are a bunch of pricks thanks for ruining a good site and useless support.

Quote:

The purpose of this site is to educate and inform others about these cars, as well as to put j-body owners in contact with other owners and resources.

Way to support the jbo theme....

So I'm finally back at a pc. You're just lucky I didn't post any pictures to go with my post like this:

or this:

or even this:

or possibly even this:

but i didnt post any of those

but for the most part, i like to think i'm pretty helpful around here. maybe you should have put up a thread asking for advice or opinions. or done a member search to see who has a pacesetter header and ask them what they think. but you had already posted negative comments about a product that on the manufacturers site said what exactly it was or wasnt, and you ignored it. anyway. a search or a thread seeking advice would have done you soooo much more good before you ordered this header.

Land Pirates sail the open roads
DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
others as well as myself may learn.
Premium sinc 6-17-04

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:21 AM
well, for a cheap fix use some high temp BBQ paint. works like a charm but bake it on first other wise unless you heat the header up a few times (start the engine, wait for the paint to smoke, shut it off wait for it to cool repeat till no smoke comes) then the paint will just burn away.

and headers for a show piece? meh learn something new everyday lol

Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:41 AM
well i believe that pacesetter makes a header thats colored blue that they used for the nopi show car that you can buy thats the only 'show' header i've seen.

DISCLAIMER: If anything I say offends you, I don't care..wear a helmet. Also, the information
I post is what I know to the best of my knowledge. If I am wrong, please correct me so that
Premium sinc 6-17-04
Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:05 AM
Hey now u guys can bash me. Because the ceramic coated header sucks A$$ too had mine for about two years now and the motherf$#@* is rusting like crazy and the gasket they give u is joke!!!!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/778000-778999/778685_1.jpg
Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:33 AM
I got the black painted one. It does it job. Just make sure you take care of it that is all. I got mine for $150 shipped from ebay. Pluse OBX is a copy of the Pacesetter header. Rksport and Bills are different.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:51 AM
Dustin Wilkinson wrote:Hey now u guys can bash me. Because the ceramic coated header sucks A$$ too had mine for about two years now and the motherf$#@* is rusting like crazy and the gasket they give u is joke!!!!

that might just be teh area you live in. where i live, they put tons of salt and sand and other crap on the roads when it snows because nobody knows how to drive here, but all that stuff hurts the finish of the car, hurts the underside, etc etc. places like the southwest really dont have this problem . so the fact that its rusting makes me think that its just the area that you live in, not pacesetters fault. i know plenty of people who have them and have no problems at all

Premium sinc 6-17-04
Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:52 AM
Unless it's ceramic coated or stainless steel, just about all headers are painted with regular black paint to prevent them from rusting after manufacturing and in while in storage. Even top of the line headers like Hooker Super Comp and Dynatec Racing(I know neither make them for the Cavi, just an example) are only painted with regular black paint from the factory, unless you order them coated or in s.s..
As for as quality of the buid on the PaceSetter's, they are quite good. Thick surface ground flanges(not the 1/4" flanges like most economy headers), heavy guage mandrel bent tubing, good grade of steel, good quuality welds(just look around the flanges and inside the collector) and pretty decent fitment(I have definitly seen harder to fit headers!). I think they could use longer primary tubes and a longer collector, for a broader torque curve, but look at the space constraints under the car, not much room to do that under there.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:17 AM
even the stainless will rust , unless they are using a very high grade of stainless

and anything will rust if you do not take care of it

if you drive you car in areas where road salt is used , you usually wash your car right ? does any one ever think to wash under the hood ? all areas under the car ?

usually no on ethinks about it , cause its area not usually seen

NEGLECT owns all , LOL

Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:39 AM
Got my black header sandblasted then painted with 1200 Degree f paint, guess what there is no paint left on it. It doesn't look to bad besides where the paint is burn around the flange. LOL

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:59 AM
Relax, this jackass just got lost on his way to the show and shine forum.

I'm running a pacesetter as well. Bought the black coated one, and had it custom ceramic coated. Definitely the way to go, as mine has withstood the test of salt and snow for two years now without a sign of trouble.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 1:20 PM
i own (not on the car) a black coated header, and the only reason it is painted it because they do not want it to rust while it sits before it is sold. talk to pacesetter, they will tell you to run the car for about a half hour just sitting there to burn off the paint, and then they will tell you that it will continue to burn for roughly a week, depending on how you drive. i currently own the ceramic which is on the car, and honestly if you are going to go for show, i would have chosen that one. i have had mine for quite a while now, and it still looks like it is brand new, maybe because i do wash my car on a usually regular basis, especially when the weather clears up, and there is no more salt on the ground.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 1:54 PM
Kelly...there are places around here that will take car of that for you. I get some info and post it in regional.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:00 PM

Quote:

that might just be teh area you live in. where i live, they put tons of salt and sand and other crap on the roads when it snows because nobody knows how to drive here, but all that stuff hurts the finish of the car, hurts the underside, etc etc. places like the southwest really dont have this problem . so the fact that its rusting makes me think that its just the area that you live in, not pacesetters fault. i know plenty of people who have them and have no problems at all

Not trying to argue with u or be a dick in any way but the car since i rebuilt the engine and body kit etc ...... hasn't seen a flake of snow when i got the header brand new it was shiny did the whole break in bulls$@# after a month or so it turned to a dull grayish silver then about 2 months after that it started rusting mostly around there welds also when i got thing i had to grind the bottom of the plate to get it to fit because it was hitting the block who knows maybe i just one from a bad batch

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/778000-778999/778685_1.jpg
Friday, March 04, 2005 12:11 AM
AREA 51 wrote:Again, clear it up for you since typing on your keyboard has obviously clouded your ability to understand clear logic. Yes I bought it as a show piece not a performance mod. I don't care about the benenfits when it comes to that I just didnt want the rusty stock one. Thanks for being @!#$s anyway

AHAHAAHAH WOW DO YOU KNOW ANY THING AT ALL... you said you wanted it as a "show piece" and so if you new any thing at all you would have gotten a ceramic coated one knowing it keept the shiny colour... or you would not bought just a bare metal one and got it powdercoated or somthing.

Friday, March 04, 2005 7:00 AM
Freebs wrote:
AREA 51 wrote:Again, clear it up for you since typing on your keyboard has obviously clouded your ability to understand clear logic. Yes I bought it as a show piece not a performance mod. I don't care about the benenfits when it comes to that I just didnt want the rusty stock one. Thanks for being @!#$s anyway

AHAHAAHAH WOW DO YOU KNOW ANY THING AT ALL... you said you wanted it as a "show piece" and so if you new any thing at all you would have gotten a ceramic coated one knowing it keept the shiny colour... or you would not bought just a bare metal one and got it powdercoated or somthing.

How hard is it to understand that I wanted black. Is that missing somewhere in your brain? In all of your suggestions you have quoted me saying I wanted black and you still suggest ceramic coated. dont you get it? Is it so hard to understand that I am taking the header out to replace the rusted one so at shows it doesnt look like ass in there with the rusted header standing out like a sore thumb? So hence I bought it for a show piece so the engine bay will look better at "shows". For you guys to be the experts you sure cant put 2 and 2 together very well. My entire engine bay is blue and black. Only one piece is shiny and thats the intake that I am changing. So leave it alone its a for shows only I dont care about the performance benefits on a piece of crap 2.2 motor. What a group of experts.

Quote:

Kelly...there are places around here that will take car of that for you. I get some info and post it in regional.

Thanks man, dont worry I got it taken care of bro. We both know these pubs would never say this crap in person, each one of them would piss their pants

Friday, March 04, 2005 7:12 AM
Not to jump in, but Area51 - if you want a reliable black finish, get the damn thing sandblasted and get black JET hot coating on that badboy and you'll be happy with it.

Just a suggestion amidst all the bickering.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, March 04, 2005 7:26 AM
SunfighterGT wrote:Not to jump in, but Area51 - if you want a reliable black finish, get the damn thing sandblasted and get black JET hot coating on that badboy and you'll be happy with it.

Just a suggestion amidst all the bickering.

-Chris-

Thanks bud, I dropped off the header, alternator housing, return tube, and valve cover yesterday and the powdercoaters so it should come out just fine. All of this started as me venting in aggravation and then everyone decided to start calling names so kaboom, this post went into hyperdrive. I'm done with it now, thanks for your help I am not sure of what coating type they used at this point but its used on all of the engine components and warantied so I'll be happy.

Friday, March 04, 2005 7:36 AM
^^^^ he is right there is several colors that can be done

im not sure if there is a jet black color , but they might be close enough

Friday, March 04, 2005 8:54 AM
AREA 51 wrote:We both know these pubs would never say this crap in person, each one of them would piss their pants

E-thugging at its finest. Wow, it took you less than 24 hours to go from looking like a fool, to making a complete retard out of yourself. Go you!

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Friday, March 04, 2005 9:01 AM

and yes, i would say everything ive posted to your face

Premium sinc 6-17-04
Friday, March 04, 2005 9:44 AM
Get twisted, Rhino line it.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Friday, March 04, 2005 11:29 AM
ok, here is the truth about it. There have been plenty of posts that have stated that the black paint on the header is just there so it doesn't rust in the meantime before it is sold. also in a lot of the posts, they talk about it being burned off right away. I'm not calling you a dumb*ss, i'm just saying, your releasing frustration over them not producing a header with a black finish that will last. to tell you the truth, i would just say you either needed to research a lot more, or maybe you just happened to not read the posts that said that when you were researching. either way you know now, and your getting it taken car of the way you want it.
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:31 AM
damn this post is gettin as bad as the turbo cherry bomb dude except the guy arguing isn't as retarded and f**ked up in the head

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search