AcDelco platinum Gap??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AcDelco platinum Gap???
Monday, March 14, 2005 2:57 PM
wondering what the gap for acdelco platinum plugs is? thanks guys

Re: AcDelco platinum Gap???
Monday, March 14, 2005 2:58 PM
motor ?? year ??

car ??

Monday, March 14, 2005 5:17 PM
2.2L 2200 OHV 0.040inch (1.02 mm)
2.2L Ecotec 0.042inch (1.06mm)
2.4L TwinCam 0.050inch (1.27mm)

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, March 14, 2005 5:35 PM
buy the ones for your car and thye are pre gapped.

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Monday, March 14, 2005 5:51 PM
^^^^^ wrong wrong wrong
I use to work in a parts store it is a wonder that the gap is not smashed shut the way the warehouses and the delivery people throw that stuff around.
Also think about it if you have two cars that use the same plug number but require different gap are they gonna make two sets of plugs no

Monday, March 14, 2005 6:39 PM
^^^^^Wrong Wrong Wrong. i currently work at a parts store and every Plug rep thats ever came in and talked to use has said DO NOT REGAP the Platinum Plugs. You will Fluck up the platinum tip and make spending your $6 a plug pointless, i dont know...im ganna trust the guys that work for the companys

lol, 4th, oh well, im working on it.
Monday, March 14, 2005 6:39 PM
hey sorry i have the 2200, and i thought it was .040 but the guy told me it was .050 on the computer at the store. looks like i have to take mine out an regap them.

Monday, March 14, 2005 6:46 PM
How can you have an 02 LS Sport with and OHV? Does your engine say ecotec on top?

Monday, March 14, 2005 6:55 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:2.2L 2200 OHV 0.040inch (1.02 mm)

and you are wrong about that

the emissions sticker under the hood of my 972.4 show gap to be .060

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:07 PM
there are 02 with the ohv. and no it doesnt say ecotec on the top. the big air box that says 2200 is usually a good sign its not an eco. you think im retarded and not know my own car or what. 02 came with both 2.2 the eco and 2200.

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:10 PM
Yes I think yer f'n retarded when yer profile says this "2002 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport" NO LS Sports come with an OHV.

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:38 PM
well did 2002 with and ohv come with the lip kit. i thought only the ls sport came with it. thats what i bought it from the dealer as. i thought the same thing you did till i bought this one. so how do i have the lip kit on my car if its not an ls sport.

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:40 PM
unless the the ls came with the lip kit. if so sorry i never knew this but i could of swore only the ls sports came with a lip kit.

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:41 PM
An LS w the "sport appearence package" LS Sport would have fog lights too.

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:46 PM
alright sorry the dealer lied to me then cuz i always thought the ls sport had an eco and then i bought this and thought it was wierd it had a 2200. thanks for correcting me though sorry for being an @$$. sorry

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:46 PM
Blu Cav maybe you quit checkin you parts for sale post but i really really want those clear corners and clear bumbers if you still have em...

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:50 PM
i emailed you check your email

Monday, March 14, 2005 7:52 PM
BluCav wrote:alright sorry the dealer lied to me then cuz i always thought the ls sport had an eco and then i bought this and thought it was wierd it had a 2200. thanks for correcting me though sorry for being an @$$. sorry

no prob

Monday, March 14, 2005 8:19 PM
BlackWidowCavy wrote:^^^^^Wrong Wrong Wrong. i currently work at a parts store and every Plug rep thats ever came in and talked to use has said DO NOT REGAP the Platinum Plugs. You will Fluck up the platinum tip and make spending your $6 a plug pointless, i dont know...im ganna trust the guys that work for the companys

i second this, just until recently i used to check/re-gap platinum pligs, until a supplier told me not to, if you are worried about damage to them, then check the gap at the store.. NEVER RE-GAP PLATINUM PLUGS they will crush the (copper?) internal pieces if i remember right what he said, but i may be forgetting that
Monday, March 14, 2005 8:30 PM
so i have my gap at .050 so is this really bad seeing as its suppose to be at .040

Monday, March 14, 2005 9:26 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:2.2L 2200 OHV 0.040inch (1.02 mm)

and you are wrong about that

the emissions sticker under the hood of my 972.4 show gap to be .060

Umm no.
That is coming strait from the GM repair manual for the 2002 model year. Those are the factory settings.
It could be your '97 are just were gaped different.

And the only plugs that you can't regap are Bosch's Platinum +4, for the obvious reason.

Quote:

so i have my gap at .050 so is this really bad seeing as its suppose to be at .040

No, as long as your not getting a misfire. By having it little larger you may get better fuel efficiency and a complete combustion. But stay with GM's recommendations: 0.040.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Monday, March 14, 2005 11:17 PM
i have seen an 02 with the lip kit and fogs with a 2.2 OHV, thought it was weird tho.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:43 AM
sirk798 . wrote:
BlackWidowCavy wrote:^^^^^Wrong Wrong Wrong. i currently work at a parts store and every Plug rep thats ever came in and talked to use has said DO NOT REGAP the Platinum Plugs. You will Fluck up the platinum tip and make spending your $6 a plug pointless, i dont know...im ganna trust the guys that work for the companys

i second this, just until recently i used to check/re-gap platinum pligs, until a supplier told me not to, if you are worried about damage to them, then check the gap at the store.. NEVER RE-GAP PLATINUM PLUGS they will crush the (copper?) internal pieces if i remember right what he said, but i may be forgetting that

100% correct

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:31 AM
^ Ya but not every car uses the same gap that came from the manufacture. So you have to adjust to what the car company says not what the spark plug company says.

And you can adjust plugs with out hurting the core. So yes, you can adjust them to the car's manufacturer setting, by not doing so is ridiculous.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:54 AM
^^^^^ exactly do not use one og the regular gappers that you slide the plug around. they make one that hooks the prong of the plug and you can pull it out or move it closer without touching the platium core

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search