AcDelco platinum Gap??? - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: AcDelco platinum Gap???
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:06 AM

best pic i could find

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 1:16 PM
Cool.

Looks just like that one I got at this flea market type store.
Was only $1

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:12 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:2.2L 2200 OHV 0.040inch (1.02 mm)
2.2L Ecotec 0.042inch (1.06mm)
2.4L TwinCam 0.050inch (1.27mm)

and you are wrong about that

the emissions sticker under the hood of my 972.4 show gap to be .060

Umm no.
That is coming strait from the GM repair manual for the 2002 model year. Those are the factory settings.
It could be your '97 are just were gaped different.

And the only plugs that you can't regap are Bosch's Platinum +4, for the obvious reason.

Quote:

so i have my gap at .050 so is this really bad seeing as its suppose to be at .040

No, as long as your not getting a misfire. By having it little larger you may get better fuel efficiency and a complete combustion. But stay with GM's recommendations: 0.040.

there is the flaw in your specs you said you got the info from a 02 service manual

which is why i had asked him for his info

and ive gapped the AC platinum plugs for years , i use a snap on gapper (the least expensive tool they sell with their name on it , LOL)

it has a opening in 1 end that will pull the ground part of the electrode with out touching the platinum parts of the plug

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:41 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:^ Ya but not every car uses the same gap that came from the manufacture. So you have to adjust to what the car company says not what the spark plug company says.

And you can adjust plugs with out hurting the core. So yes, you can adjust them to the car's manufacturer setting, by not doing so is ridiculous.

He is talking about delcos and if you put in the right delco number for your car it is set at the right gap. You are not supposed to re gap platinum per delco because you can damage the core.

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search