roller rocker for a 2.2 ohv - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: roller rocker for a 2.2 ohv
Monday, January 30, 2006 7:42 PM
Consider this one ALIVE! Thinking about doing this one myself. So this is what I am going to get:

Comp Cams Rockers (PN 1414-1)
GM Rocker Arm Studs (PN476530)

Is there anything else I should be getting? Just so everyone is aware I have a 2.2, not 2200. Thanks for the information.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 1:25 AM
since this has been covered, no there is not. depending on mileage, you might want to replace your factory pushrods with OEM length pushrods, available from any parts store (you'll have to order)

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:01 PM
Okay...thanks Spotbee.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:49 PM
so more lift could be had with slightly longer pushrods? would i have to worry about clearances and such?

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 6:44 PM
No, longer push rods would only change the geometry of the valve train, causing damage. If you want more lift, you have to change the rocker arms for a higher ratio or change/regrind your cam.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 12:16 PM
I honestly dont think its worth the money to get them. I didnt notice a big power gain and I could never get them adjusted perfectly. I even took it to a shop and they still couldnt get it perfect. More of a pain in the @ss if you ask me. I have a complete set for sale for a 97 2.2 OHV with the studs if anyones interested. Only about 100 miles on them. There the comp cams magnum roller rockers.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 6:30 PM
Nate - hit me up on aim - lanman31337. Do you use stock pushrods, or the pushrods for a 2.8 motor?

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/id/lanman31337

Sponsored by:
JLCaudio.net
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:30 PM
Lanman31337 wrote:Nate - hit me up on aim - lanman31337. Do you use stock pushrods, or the pushrods for a 2.8 motor?

you use your stock pushrods.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 5:02 AM
Right on, i thought with the extra lift you'd need a longer pushrod.

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/id/lanman31337

Sponsored by:
JLCaudio.net
Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:26 AM
yea man ill hit you up today if i get the chance. if i cant you can email me at nathan.halter.ctr@navy.mil

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:17 PM
Lanman31337 wrote:Right on, i thought with the extra lift you'd need a longer pushrod.

nope. the Comp Cams rockers don't change your cam lift any. Comparing a 2.8 V6 to an LN2 pushrod, you'll notice that the 2.8 pushrod is a good 2, 2.5 inches longer. The higher rocker ratio affects your valve lift, but even with that, you don't need longer pushrods. I hope this clears everything up for you. Once you have the rockers back on, check out my sticky about adjustment at the top of this forum.

Friday, February 03, 2006 10:42 AM
Yeah, they are longer, I looked at the 2.8 ones, muuuuch longer. Ima try to get them off of nate for a good price, just the rockers (got studs from a fiero engine) and do it on up.

Friday, February 03, 2006 5:45 PM
as long as the studs you are using are the GM studs, part number 476530

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search