Mechanical O2 Simulator($5 mod that WORKS for 96+) - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Mechanical O2 Simulator($5 mod that WORKS for
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 1:56 PM
I don't have a cat, but I stopped throwing codes a while ago. I've got a 2nd gen, so my 02 sensor is in my exaust manifold. Would doing that effect the mixture and comensate for not having a cat, or is it just to keep the light from coming on. IE making it richer.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:00 PM
Weebel wrote:I don't have a cat, but I stopped throwing codes a while ago. I've got a 2nd gen, so my 02 sensor is in my exaust manifold. Would doing that effect the mixture and comensate for not having a cat, or is it just to keep the light from coming on. IE making it richer.

Since you have a second gen you only have 1 O2 sensor. 3 Gens have 2. One on the manifold, and one after the cat. The one after the cat is to tell us if the cat is working.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 04, 2005 12:53 AM
I'm not sure if all are this way, but in my brother's '98 Z, he has a test pipe installed, and the O2 sensor installed in the pipe. No codes. Been like that for close to 2 years. He does have a T/G Header and down pipe, and 2.5" header back crushed bent exhaust.

I'll keep this mod in mind, if I ever come across a J with a second O2 code. (might actually go pick up some, just to have on hand)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:30 AM
My 96 Z24 turbo has not cat and no code. My 2001 has a test pipe but had a code, but not anymore. Some get lucky and some do not.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 04, 2005 5:00 PM
John Higgins wrote:The one after the cat is to tell us if the cat is working.

Yep, the only O2 sensor any car really needs to run correctly is the one in the manifold. OBDII+ cars that have other O2 sensors only use them for emissions control, not air/fuel/timing tuning.
Friday, August 05, 2005 7:20 AM
I didn't have a 1/2" drill bit, so I used a 7/16" bit. The sensor fit in just fine. Still no code... Thanks again!
Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:30 AM
the account has been suspended on that honda thing.... can someone repost it? or let me know what i need to do?

Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:36 AM
me too, like by tomm or tonight....i hope yo be getting this done tomm at like 5

Thursday, October 06, 2005 9:48 AM
I can't get into the account either, can you post it on this or a new topic?

Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:00 PM
First I want to say sorry. I just realized what you guys were talking about with the account being suspended. That is not my account.

What you need is a spark plug antifouler. 18mm. You can get them at AutoZone, PepBoys. Most parts stores. 2 come in a package. You need 2 so just one package. They are about $3. You take one of them and drill it out with a 1/2 drill bit. The other one you leave alone. The one you drilled out your O2 sensor screws into it, and then it screws into the other one (the one you did not drill). now you screw the whole thing into your hole for the O2 sensor. Make sure you tighten it really good. You are done. I have some pictures, but having computer issues. Does anyone want to host them?

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:30 PM
ill host them, send them to my email.... bleed_the_dream13@yahoo.com

Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:34 PM
Tony Wise(emokidpsy) wrote:ill host them, send them to my email.... bleed_the_dream13@yahoo.com

Email sent. Sorry they are a little blury, but this should help you all understand what I posted.

FU Tuning

Thursday, October 06, 2005 5:55 PM
alright heres a pic, image shack wont let me host the last 2 for some reason

Thursday, October 06, 2005 6:07 PM
Tony Wise(emokidpsy) wrote:alright heres a pic, image shack wont let me host the last 2 for some reason

Thanks, that is what the antifoulers look like. Just drill one out. I have one of these (the ones in the picture) drilled and ready if anyone is interested.

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 22, 2005 3:13 AM
ok so i pick up just 2 of these, drill one out, screw that one into the other one. then thread that into the o2 bung. I have a magnaflow cat but for some reason i have a cel.. im gonna go to autozone tomorrow and have it checked to make sure its nothing bad.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827643
Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:31 AM
ok wasnt my cat after all...... I went to autozone and they told me it was my primary 02 which im assuming is from me revin my car up a bit since i got my header. Hey gotta have fun with new parts for a lil bit. The guy cleared it and told me if it comes back I may wanna consider a new sensor. On the good note I changed my plugs with tr6's gaped at .050 since my old plugs were fouled

Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:09 PM
well if its an 02 sensor and you have a complete exhaust (header on back) then it just might be the sensor on the cat. I threw a code for my 02 sensor on the cat, and what was explained above fixed it. So far 5 days and almost 300 miles later and no light.
02 sensor is gonna get $$ for just one of em. Do you remember the code? P0420?

Sunday, October 23, 2005 3:08 AM
no it was mainstream o2....... I think it was p0133. It was the main o2 sensor tho that much i know for sure. It seems right for it to probably burn out cause of the amount of heat that my aftermarket header puts out

Sunday, October 23, 2005 5:28 AM
Quote:

H O N D A, oh how well love it when we smokin V8s, all day, every day, it dont stop, Im rolling in my Honda like Im running from the cops.
BUT Now you know, cause you're Jon Doe, in a black bag, a tag on your toe, I built the Honda, I felt the pain, you're victimized with no one to blame, you're just another victim kid.....

something else that i just dont understand, are you one of those ricers with a doo-rag on your head?
i know its lame and a damn right shame, but drivin a honda doesnt send many to the grave.
one more thing that makes many men cringe, racing a cop doesnt mean youll win,
theyll shoot your tires and beat up your rims, and i know youll lose alot or speedwithout them...
so theres one more thing gotta a say burn your honda and quit the ricer way....

lol sorry im so white

Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:18 AM
Shaune Drake wrote:
Quote:

H O N D A, oh how well love it when we smokin V8s, all day, every day, it dont stop, Im rolling in my Honda like Im running from the cops.
BUT Now you know, cause you're Jon Doe, in a black bag, a tag on your toe, I built the Honda, I felt the pain, you're victimized with no one to blame, you're just another victim kid.....

something else that i just dont understand, are you one of those ricers with a doo-rag on your head?
i know its lame and a damn right shame, but drivin a honda doesnt send many to the grave.
one more thing that makes many men cringe, racing a cop doesnt mean youll win,
theyll shoot your tires and beat up your rims, and i know youll lose alot or speedwithout them...
so theres one more thing gotta a say burn your honda and quit the ricer way....

lol sorry im so white

another person just trying to start crap. people like that just bother me expecially on the forums. make pointless posts throwing off the whole topic of the post for there own pleasure. So what if he drives a honda. Hondas are decent if modded properly. in your case your stereo typing him. Its just a sig it doesnt mean he runs from the cops... if that were the case i doubt he would be on the forums posting cause im sure he would be sitting for a long time from trying to run.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:33 AM
actually i was just being dumb not trying to say anything about the guy so i think you just need to chill....

Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:35 AM
also incase you didnt notie its a rhym that goes along with his.... i was just trying to be funny

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:17 PM
damn sorry to bring this back from the dead but the link aint workin, how do you do this?

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 6:10 PM
the link hasnt worked for a while

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:44 PM
dammit, anyone else know how to do this?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search