Trifecta Ecotec tuning - Page 3 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Trifecta Ecotec tuning
Tuesday, July 01, 2008 12:30 PM
I know that temperature and traction and all of that can make a difference, not questioning that but when a bunch of people do the same modification and they all run 2 to 3 tenths quicker their next time to the track that would leave me to believe that its not a coincidence they ALL ran faster but rather that their cars actually make more power. Now if some guys on GAGT did the PCM and went out and ran and some times were slower or the same and some faster then yes, it could be any number of things, but when everyone who does this mod sees a decrease in times even in worse conditions (hotter days) I would think that it proof the PCM is doing something.

i dont question weather or not a custom tune is better, its obvious that it is, i don't think anyone disagrees with that

but if a generic tune can get me 5-7 whp or just more over all power for $250 then that good enough for me

basic HPT is what $500? and $650 for the advanced,? and i have no idea how to even use it and even if I read all the info in the world would not be comfortable doing it myself without an experienced person walking me through it EVEYONE says you can blow up your engine and that just scares the hell out of me, and from what I've read on a car with only bolt on's you can expect around 10 hp more with tuning (just what I have read on this forum not my words)

I take my $250--$400 and not blow up my engine for a few less hp and be fine with it. (IF a company releases a tune that really works)

I will say however that if someone lives in the Midwest near the KC area that has HPT and can safely tune my car let me know I'll pay within reason to get it done.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 1:52 PM
Will Paulman wrote:5-7 whp or just more over all power for $250

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Wednesday, July 02, 2008 6:39 AM
dude, I never said it would give you that, I just guessed off of what I have read.

From what I have read here a lot of people say a custom tune would give you around 10 hp or so on an all bolt on car, so I cut it in half for a generic, and I said IF a generic tune can get me that and I also stated OR more over all power IF and OR

not trying to make any facts here I nerver said it would but IF again read IF it did then it would be worth saving the $250 to $400 for me not everyone who want to get further into tuning,

I have never said a generic tune for our cars will work, I have just shown that a whold bunch of Grand AM owners (which i own one and will probably get a DHP tune for) have seen very good results from them.

I don't see any reason that, if done properly, we couldn't get some good results from one.

did you even read my post? I am not taking trifectas side until I see proof
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search