dropping a 350 in a cavalier... - Page 3 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: dropping a 350 in a cavalier...
Thursday, November 27, 2008 5:31 AM
part the cavalier out or sell it take that cash and drop on a down payment for a used z28 for the price of under 10,000.00 and i know u can find used z28s out there with ls1 power..... by the time u dump all that 100,000.00 into the cav to make it a wana be camaro well u could have a car that was made for that power all modded up for way less than u probaly have to spend on that i know u prob want to be diff but unless u have a @!#$ load of money good luck my friend....sell or scrap cav and get a z28 or ss can't go wrong......i had my cavy for almost 10 years and well i stripped it to the shell and sold it and went this route .......

10,000.00 camaro
couple grand in mods
running low 11s all day
priceless

take the advice man and run with it .......

Thursday, November 27, 2008 9:50 AM
Or spend 40k buy a used Lotus boost it tune it and have a fast light car that will make women pant to ride with you. Oh and it would kill a Camaro.

Love to the Z28 don't get me wrong but I love the Lotus more.

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Friday, November 28, 2008 10:32 AM
or you could spent a ton of money and a cavalier and still have a cavalier when its alll said and done

Friday, November 28, 2008 10:46 AM
steve whitehead wrote:if a corvette engine can fit in a honda civic, than a 350 will fit in a cav, and there is allready a cav with a northstar v8, so why not.

If you're referring to the black Civic hatch that is nothing more than a Civic body fitted over a 'vette chassis.

Friday, November 28, 2008 12:24 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:
steve whitehead wrote:if a corvette engine can fit in a honda civic, than a 350 will fit in a cav, and there is allready a cav with a northstar v8, so why not.

If you're referring to the black Civic hatch that is nothing more than a Civic body fitted over a 'vette chassis.

to the point of him "fitting" the interior into the car as well. the best he could anyway. the civic was just chopped up to fit over the frame.

Friday, November 28, 2008 2:04 PM
No... The chassis was chopped-up to fit under the Civic body, with additional frame pieces fabbed & added to make it. And that's how it done!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Saturday, November 29, 2008 7:12 AM
and car was sold for 30,000.00

he is on ls1tech making a new project now......

here is link to the sale add

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered/871866-fs-1996-civette.html

and that car had alot of fabing ..bad ass little car...........

Saturday, November 29, 2008 7:15 AM
and to add if u have money,equipment,and time possibilities are endless........

Saturday, November 29, 2008 10:48 AM
Guess he couldn't find a Chevette to do it with, so...

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Saturday, November 29, 2008 11:35 AM
Saturday, November 29, 2008 5:42 PM
They call it a traditional powertrain layout for a reason, much like they call special mass services a holiday tradition for a reason...

Go beyond the "bolt-on".

Saturday, November 29, 2008 6:37 PM
grow you a mullet and get a 3rd gen camaro ftw!
Saturday, November 29, 2008 10:34 PM
Naw... I'll just wear it like Kevin Bacon did in Footloose (Again) & drive a 1st-gen, the best of all the gens of F-bodies. And get a French foreign-exchange student (Better Off Dead)!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Saturday, November 29, 2008 10:49 PM
is this done yet?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search