eagle H-beam problem. - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: eagle H-beam problem.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:17 PM
So is thats what i should torque too 28ft-lb+80*?

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:22 PM
And yea there arp 2000 bolts. I don't know the size off hand. I'll look at the paperwork again.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:27 PM
no, they should not have the torque angle done, that is for stock rods with stock bolts. you may even want to have your bolts checked for stretch since we don't know how much torque that 80* added to your original torque setting. I may be paranoid but I would hate for you to get it all done and then it come apart on you due to a bad bolt. maybe someone else can chime in as to that.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:31 PM
look on the end of your bolt and click on the eagle rods link I posted and compare, just be careful to read the bolt size not the socket size. I'm pretty sure LD9 is the 5th one down the page.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:32 PM
As i loosen them ill see what torque that 80* degrees put them at. I'd it comes out over 30 ill bring them to the machine shop for stretch inspection.
Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:48 PM
Hmm.. can someone please confirm the torque specs of the eagle rods?
Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:59 PM
I'm sure eagle could.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Friday, June 08, 2012 6:29 AM
96-Z.24 wrote:And yea there arp 2000 bolts. I don't know the size off hand. I'll look at the paperwork again.

find out the size of the bolts. there are TWO versions of eagle rods available for the LD9. one (the older version) has smaller bolts than the ones that have came out well @!#$ its prolly been over 5 years now but you get the point lol

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, June 08, 2012 7:12 AM
there stamping on the end of the bolt that will help determine what bolt you have, there is also a chart on Eagles website to compare with. If your paperwork is like mine it will list all the bolts, sizes, etc so you have to think.

Sunday, June 10, 2012 4:27 PM
Bummer. I torqued them down to 28 with the supplied arp stuff. I figured someone would know what they torqued there's down too. Hope I have it right.... Thanks for the help jbo........
Sunday, June 10, 2012 5:57 PM
96-Z.24 not only did I tell you what you needed to do, I also gave links above for more information. I'm sorry I'm not there to hold your hand, but I don't have what you bought and are installing in front of me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search