3100,3400,3500 swap wiring? - Page 3 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 3100,3400,3500 swap wiring?
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:16 PM
jacob mahon wrote:So what cars specs did you use to torque the flywheel an clutch down?

I'm running arp flywheel bolts and pressure plate. Use the 2200 tourqe specs or go off what ever bolts you are using. I don't recall what my flwheel is but the pressure plate I think is 45ftlb's with loctite. If you want arp's I can give you the part numbers but the pressure plate is for a civic with the d16. Also don't get bent out of shape because someone won't help. I got very little help and the sticky doesn't have much for info. I also recall no tourqe specs or the arp bolts as I did the leg work for those as I couldn't find them.

I also wouldn't say the v6 is slow or the 3400. I'm nearly bone stock and pulled a best of 14.5 at 96 not really trying and letting out. On street tires at that where according to the 1/4 list, that puts me 2nd fastest v6 na. Then in the middle of the rest of the na people that likely has more then I do.

SHOoff wrote:2fast4u88 - Do you have both PCM's hooked to the ICM by chance to give both of them a tach signal?

Nope I hooked every wire up on the icm in every combo to try and get a tach. It didn't flinch a inch for me which is why I've been curious if the pcm gets it's signal from the crank shaft sensor or some other combo that I didn't try.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:37 AM
if its worth anything ive been talking to mike at Milzy Motorsports and hes interested in making a harness for a v6 swap in Jbodies. Im considering hauling my car to him to make a custom harness. Once my car gets back to "rolling chassis" status Im considering hauling the car out there, its only 2 hrs from me. No prices or designs have been discussed yet however.
Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:40 AM
Yeah I talked to mike about doing that with my car too, we discussed a lot of wiring options too, but I don't have the time to take my car up there and work with him. I'm only about 45 mind from him..
Tuesday, December 25, 2012 1:11 PM
right on, at least i know hes really interested in doing it.

2.2 flywheel bolts are GM p/n 476576 Torque is 55 ft. lb.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:04 AM
Spencer wrote:if its worth anything ive been talking to mike at Milzy Motorsports and hes interested in making a harness for a v6 swap in Jbodies. Im considering hauling my car to him to make a custom harness. Once my car gets back to "rolling chassis" status Im considering hauling the car out there, its only 2 hrs from me. No prices or designs have been discussed yet however.

It's not really worth anything. Many have talked to Mike @ Milzy, and nothing has ever come of it. I don't see why it would start now.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:46 PM
well the people who have said they had contact with him also said they never had time to take the car to him either.....
Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:08 AM
good luck!

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search