Fuel pump ?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel pump ??
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:11 PM
can i use my in tank Walbro fuel pump with a external Walbro fuel pump at the same time

the one in te tank is only pushing 30 PSI ... not a lot ... almost gone

if not can i use the stcock fuel line that gos to the tank with my external fuel pump or i have to drill on the bothom of the tank and make my fuel line

thank

Re: Fuel pump ??
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:39 PM
Why not just replace the in tank one? Unless you have some sort of surge tank, the external one will most likely pull more than the in tank one can supply.

As far as the plumbing goes, the stock supply line comes from the in tank pump, so whatever you hook to it is only going to get whatever the in tank pump is putting out. I really see no point in drilling any holes, since you need to empty and drop the tank anyways, so why not just replace the in tank one while it's off the car?

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:48 PM
Agreed ^^ please do not drill holes in your fuel tank unsafe and asking for trouble. Better off just replacing the factory unit. Might as well upgrade to a racetronix while your at it.
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:53 AM
the racetonix is almost a bolt on to the stock on right

were can i get a racetronix W body pump
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:57 AM
francis chartrand wrote:the racetonix is almost a bolt on to the stock on right

were can i get a racetronix W body pump

Yes, and you get it from Racetronix......

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:17 AM
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:18 AM
Yes. The harness below it is HIGHLY recommended. I went from 12:1afrs to 9:1afrs on the same tune WITH swapping the M62 to a Harrop.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 1:30 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:Yes. The harness below it is HIGHLY recommended. I went from 12:1afrs to 9:1afrs on the same tune WITH swapping the M62 to a Harrop.

Hot damn, glad i picked one up! Do you still have stock lines to and from the fuel rail?

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:39 PM
Yep, still on the stock lines. Just keep in mind that i was tuned in the lower 12:1 AFRs to maintain a 85% duty cycle. The 9:1 AFRs where on the higher end, but still that isnt a bad improvement. After we dialed the fuel back in with the Harrop i was down to a 75% IDC with the same injectors. I did also have 95k miles on the stock pump.

Saturday, July 21, 2012 1:13 PM
would you also have to purchase the harness or just the pump?
Monday, July 30, 2012 2:41 PM
just switch for the racetronix pump made 50 psi stock harness for 2 min
and it not working good now only have 20psi can the fuel pump by bad or the fuel filter also my regulator
need help thanks

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:02 AM
Check the lines to the actual pump in the tank...one is probably off.....or leaking.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:34 PM
Tinkles you used the W body pump? In my thread some said it is "slack" in the fuel cup but the LS1 pump has a sleeve that holds it securely. Thoughts?

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:53 PM
That is correct.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 3:32 AM
My F-body pump in my 99 tank is in a rubber cup. There is a little "movement", but it works fine.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 4:01 AM
We finally figured out the low psi on the racetronics in my friends turbo ln2. We dropped the tank and pulled the module to find that the filter that goes over the inlet of the pump was being sucked up by the ractronix, after a few months of random saturdays here an there with testing fpr, fuel filters and everything we could think of it was just the supplied pump filter. Once we removed it and got the car going afr's were so rich in boost the car didn't want to run in boost at all it just was too rich....so i'd start there if your fuel filter and fpr are fine.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:46 AM
ok i will drop the tank one more time and chek the filter
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 6:25 PM
ya it will work i have a walbro255 in tank and a bosh 040 in line they work fine volvo and ford were doing it for years
Thursday, August 02, 2012 2:48 PM
ok now the pump is fine 50 psi ideal
ideal 14.6 -14.8
cruising 14 - 14.6
now a 3500 rpm when the boost start to kick in it starting to lean allot 16 17 18 20

dont know the pressure at 4000 rpm
Thursday, August 02, 2012 3:47 PM
That's exactly what we were running into, try removing that pump filter and see if that fixes your issue.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 7:30 AM
dow you make a hole in the cup just like in the LS1 Racetronix installation or nothing at all

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=153144&t=152413#153144

Sunday, August 05, 2012 7:35 AM
No hole. Mine has been running just fine.

Sunday, August 05, 2012 9:06 AM
JUCNBST wrote:That's exactly what we were running into, try removing that pump filter and see if that fixes your issue.

So did you guys leave the filter off completely?

I have the racetronix installed like stock no issues.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 05, 2012 9:23 AM
Yes we removed the filter completely on his car and it solved all our fueling issues, On my car I've left the intank.filter on my racetronix and all is well.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 4:23 PM
just remove the pump filter and put a new Racetronix pump don't change nothing at all double clip the hose
need a super teck

will go with a WALBRO OPEN CUP original set up

tired of putting the tank up and down
racetronix to me = C.A.C.A
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search