Fuel pump ?? - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fuel pump ??
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:20 PM
francis chartrand wrote:just remove the pump filter and put a new Racetronix pump don't change nothing at all double clip the hose
need a super teck

will go with a WALBRO OPEN CUP original set up

tired of putting the tank up and down
racetronix to me = C.A.C.A

i can barely understand this....

You removed the filter and pump? you put in a new racetronix pump? double clip what hose and whats a super teck? whats the walbro open cup? whats C.A.C.A?

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:06 PM
no idea what you guys are talking about

i used the LS1 pump its a tighter fit with the sleeve then the W same pump LS1 just has a sleeve
i put the pump filter sock on and never drilled or cut a thing it woulds 100% let it prime if its sat for a long period of time and go

as for the harness don't get me started on how stupid this is for a j body. 90% of you will not ever see more then 350HP and the stock LS1 pump feeds 350HP so an upgrade can feed more that alone should tell you wiring not needed

also just an FYI all pumps are rated a 12V when the car is running your getting 14.4 with a voltage drop to the back say 14 to be realistic your still feeding 2V more then rated
also the pump at 12V feeds 255 LITRES PER HOUR converts if my math is correct to 67 US gallons an hour and we have what 15 gallon tanks

so this pump can pump 67 GPH and we have a 15Gal tank so if you ran this on 12V balls to the wall you would go though 4.46 TANKS of GAS and hour how many of you fill up that often

SAVE YOUR FAWKIN MONEY

JBO since July 30, 2001
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:31 PM
we've gone back and forth on the harness but for peace of mind and argument sake, i will never agree with that. The more fuel pressure I can get and regulate the better. Especially considering Jmarks dropped 1 FULL AFR point just by adding the harness... They wouldnt supply it if they didnt want it to supply the volts that it will be supplying.

Ive spent $75 on worse things and the harness was worth every penny in my book.

Op sent me this in a PM...

You removed the filter and pump? YES
you put in a new racetronix pump? YES
double clip what hose? THE SUPPLY PUMP LINE
whats a super teck ? TECHNICIAN MECHANIC
whats C.A.C.A? THE BROWN THING THAT IS COMING OUT OF YOUR ASS IN FRENCH

supply pump line doesnt need double clipped, you have to cut the tip off of the venturi line ( what im assuming your whole entire problem is from the beginning) no idea what the need for a technician mechanic is, or why he speaks of poo....

Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:34 AM
I guess I don't see what you're referring to a venturi line in that thread
is it in the gaz tank on the engine bay
Thursday, August 09, 2012 3:18 AM
http://72.26.102.230/forums/read.php?f=2&i=475897&t=474637&p=1

that link is weird because it links to JBO but the address is not jbo. Regardless, there is a pic of the stock vs racetronix and the arrows point to the difference as well as the fix for it in that thread.

this is the BEST link you can have for installing it. This is showing the LS1 pump being installed but its the same thing minus having to grind the sleeve for the pump to fit correctly. Otherwise you need to sit down and trim that black line a little bit so that it form fits the nipple coming out of the racetronix pump. That clamp it uses is technically a one time use only clamp so you either need to find a way to make it work or you need to get a different clamp that will fit it and not come off. Get that pretty tight since that is where most of the issues form when there are issues. Thats where my issues was and once that was fixed I didnt have any other problems at all.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 4:43 AM
so you cut the cup at 2 place to sit the pump lower, and tried to lock it in place right ?

for the gold nipple you put a hose and make it tight as possible, but were do the other side of it go back, to the plastic cup
Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:36 PM
the only thing that you should modify is the holder of the pump anything else leave it alone

JBO since July 30, 2001
Thursday, August 09, 2012 3:09 PM
NOTa2_4 wrote:the only thing that you should modify is the holder of the pump anything else leave it alone

Correct.

If you ordered the ls1 pump it has that red sleeve. If you got the w body pump it won't. You only need to modify three cup if you have the ls1 pump. Also only have to modify the sleeve with the ls1 pump.

That black line for the gold nipple comes off the stock pump. You have to barely cut some of the part that went over the stock fuel pump nipple so it will be tighter. The other end of that line goes down to the bottom of the cup. That is why you don't have to cut the cup or get fuel cut at quarter tank anymore.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 4:21 PM
on my stock ( NAPA autopart ) i did not have small nipple for the pump ... no small black line nothing

so i shood get my self a small black venturi line at a auto part and put it on the Racetronix pump and the other end of this line in the cup right
Thursday, August 09, 2012 5:24 PM
if yours didnt have it before, I am not sure how to add it.... Im not sure what years would have had it and which did not.... someone else will have to chime in on that one.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 5:41 PM
your car being a 2000 it will have the venturi nipple it has to think everything from 96 up had it 98 up for sure think 96 tho.

if you napa one doesn't have it take it back unless thats the one going

the racetronix pump has it both W and F body ones

the only mods you do are sand out the ribs on the little holder that the pump sits in then you have to notch the red sleeve for the clip to hold it down. simple to do me personally i perfer the f body one cause the pump is nice and tight but it doesn't matter whatboth are physically the same pump

JBO since July 30, 2001

Friday, August 10, 2012 4:05 AM
i will put small black hose on the racetronix pump and put the other end of this hose in the plastic cup near the pump filter

will see from there
my old Walbro did not have a small gold nipple and it was fine
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search