building the ecotec! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
building the ecotec!
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:42 PM
Starting to put this thing together (as far as parts list goes). Porting and polishing the head, bigger tb, cams, eagle rods, weisco pistons, and most importantly BOOST! Question about the cams though. Came across some webb cams. Any input on to weather these are a good cam or should i look somewhere else?

2.2 ecotec (stock internals) typhoon k&n in take 2 inch drop springs

Re: building the ecotec!
Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:11 AM
Jason from florida is selling a fully built motor... might save you some time and money?

Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:42 PM
Consider our aluminum sheet metal intake manifold the stock plastic ones blow apart (ask me I learned the hard way)

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:27 PM
How much for the motor? How much for the intake? Gm claims the stock one is good to 450.

Friday, April 26, 2013 5:34 AM
Jason will have to chime in on price. But it has everything youd need, except the turbo! BALLER manifolds even!

Friday, April 26, 2013 7:56 AM
I have heard about all these plastic manifolds blowing apart. Any pictures and what boost level?

Friday, April 26, 2013 8:18 AM
There was only one ecotec and he wanted 3k for it. Itll take me about 3500 for everything on my list

Monday, April 29, 2013 4:44 AM
robert lyons wrote:How much for the motor? How much for the intake? Gm claims the stock one is good to 450.

ive never seen a stock one hold anywhere near that power level lol....

my motor is built and should easily handle 450+ I have a local guy who is claiming first dibs but if you need any help or ideas on routes to go with your build there is a lot of knowledgeable people on here to help

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, April 29, 2013 5:46 AM
Thats the number i was shooting for. I want to run somwhere between 15 to 20 lbs of boost. Whatever i have to do to get it to that point im down to do. I believe i read that on another j body forum.

Monday, April 29, 2013 4:41 PM
robert lyons wrote:Thats the number i was shooting for. I want to run somwhere between 15 to 20 lbs of boost. Whatever i have to do to get it to that point im down to do. I believe i read that on another j body forum.

if you want to run 15-20lbs of boost... get a turbo the size of your fist and run 15-20psi, and make 200hp....

Monday, April 29, 2013 5:01 PM
I want double that.

Monday, April 29, 2013 5:05 PM
hope you have deep pockets......lets get some details on your current cavalier setup.....

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, April 29, 2013 5:09 PM
My signature says it minus the short throw.

Monday, April 29, 2013 7:36 PM
You have a lot of work ahead of ya.....head studs, girdle studs, main/rod bearings, seals, TTY bolts, gaskets, machine work, tools.....etc etc etc etc...

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Monday, April 29, 2013 7:55 PM
robert lyons wrote:I want double that.

hope you are ready to write a 5 digit check. (xx,xxx.00)

15-20psi can be anywhere from 175hp to 850hp... All depends on the size of the turbo. By the time you build the block, machine work, turbo components... It won't be cheap if done right.

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 9:22 AM
I guess he bailed when he saw the cost... I didnt see anything in his profile...

Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:42 PM
Hopefully not. ^

But about plastic intakes. I've never seen one "blow apart" I've watched many ecotec's blow up/fail on youtube, but the intake manifold has never been an issue. A tabbed intake would certainly help performance though. The only thing that I've seen happen is the o-rings get blown out (happened to me) I just used RTV instead, and torque the bolts a tiny tiny bit more.

I roll on steelies. Work-in-progress daily-sleeper potential.
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/60493/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search