New engine? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New engine?
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:14 PM
Hey everyone I know this might be a dumb question but I was wondering if the sell new engine for a a cavalier I know most of you will say that just buy another one or get a rebuilt engine but if the sell them new i like to it that way cause it's worth it to me in the long run

Re: New engine?
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:54 PM
Call a dealer. They're the only one who's going to get a "new" engine for you. Any parts store is going to be re-man. At this point though, for a 2002, even the dealer part may be re-man, since it will most likely be outsourced and ordered, and not from a GM warehouse. So your probably better off going with a Jasper or something decent.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:09 PM
First off what engine are you looking for? 98 and up 2.2 engines can still be found new. Havent seen any 96-97 for a long time or any quad 4 engines. I bought a brand new 95 2.2 a couple of months ago mainly just for the head, i still have the shortblock. And new ecos can still be found for anything id say.
Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:00 PM
Am looking for a a 2.2l 2200 SFI engine I just need some help find out where to get one new from
Friday, April 26, 2013 7:31 PM
Okay, first-off... if you're looking for a LN2, be-careful of low-cost re-mans! I've learned the "hard-way" that these tend to be built with timing-chain sets that don't meet the GM's design-standards, and tend to fail after as little as 35k-mi.!

Secondly: Have you visited IPP's Cavalier/2.2L/2200 section yet? I her they offer high-quality re-mans--"stroker" models included!--for a reasonalbe price.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Friday, April 26, 2013 8:33 PM
Bump.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Saturday, April 27, 2013 2:18 PM
No I didn't check that out and thanks for the info
Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:16 PM
Do you have a decent core to rebuild? Might consider having one built right at a machine shop. Heres some ive done.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=472589&t=465239#472589

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=444167&t=444167
Monday, April 29, 2013 8:16 AM
No man My engage I have in it right now has 260,000 on it same as the transmission that's why I just want to try and find a new for a fresh start or find a company who does sells rebuilds that are good and aren't going to crap out on me but like I said if I can get a new one I rather have that then a rebuild because I redoing everything in the car it has been in my family for since my dad bought it off the lot brand new and I want to redo everything cause my dad give it to me as my first car
Monday, April 29, 2013 7:24 PM
Monday, April 29, 2013 9:35 PM
Thank yup I just got to find a new trans now

Monday, April 29, 2013 9:35 PM
*you
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search