Looking for performance lifters for 2.2L OHV - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for performance lifters for 2.2L OHV
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:22 AM
Does anyone have any part numbers for Performance 2.2L OHV Lifters from any major manufactures??

Thanks,
224U2LUV

Re: Looking for performance lifters for 2.2L OHV
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:06 AM
This is the only thing I could find...

http://www.jbodyperformance.com/new/PartDetails.php?partId=565&catId=565&catName=JP0565

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 10:45 AM
JBP

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:02 PM
I got my engine built there. Lets just say it's a year and a half later and things still aren;t right. They don;t want to help customers that have already paid. They got my money and they aren't interested in finishing their "build" for me. Note to my post with the horrible ticking noise. Just search for my name as the auther of the posts when searching.

I'd rather not deal with these butchers.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:13 PM
Napa has Clevite lifters for our cars, the 2.4 and 2.2's

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:52 PM
Aye, but the Clevite lifters aren't roller lifters. They are still hydraulic.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 2:53 PM
you've had a bad experience with JBP's performance lifters?

If so, what was the problem?

damn these OHV's and lack of aftermarket support!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:49 PM
stevefire wrote:you've had a bad experience with JBP's performance lifters?

Might not be JBP's parts, but they farm out their work. The work they farmed out on my car was by a company but it was a bad built they didn't fix the engine correctly because they didn't actually build it. They had problems trouble shooting it. They should have had it rebuilt again. The re-builder forgot to replace a plug so I didn't get proper oil pressure. they replaced the lifters twice and my car sounds like a diesel. I and going to have it took all apart then have the cam, cam bearing, lifters and roller rockers inspected for damage. I am going to record the disassemble and the inspections. Take photos and get my quotes for repair. Either way JBP are responsible. I will have my engine repaired so that it's running correctly then sue JBP for the tab.

JBP fixed some of the other things that were wrong with my engine when they got it back from their re-builder, such as: Oil pan leaked right away, main cam seal leaked right away, cam sensor, crank sensor, idling issues, etc ( it's sad when you have to say etc. b/c there was so many things wrong.)

I really do like Mev, Mike and Greg as people and their nice to talk to, but this is business. They build was a gift from my parents for completing school. It wasn't my money but my family worked hard for it. I know Greg truly knows what he's doing and he is an amazing big block re-builder and overall re-builder. Mike fixed many things that were wrong with my engine. Mev is the owner but he's just a sales man, really.

-224u2luv
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:04 PM
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:11 PM
$25 a piece?!?! that's WAY too expensive for stock pieces (that's right, AE Clevite is just stock replacement parts...not 'performance'). I got my Melling lifters for a little over $100 total, half the price ($100 if anyone wants them, I'm not going to be using them after all). JBP lifters are actually 'performance' lifters, as the plunger spring is stiffer than stock, resisting pump-up under high spring pressures. Granted, you could probably have an engine builder or machine shop do the same thing cheaper than what JBP charges.

(last post of the month )

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:31 PM
I am pretty sure that's for the set, but I could be mistaken.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 7:53 PM
224U2LUV wrote:

Might not be JBP's parts, but they farm out their work. The work they farmed out on my car was by a company but it was a bad built they didn't fix the engine correctly because they didn't actually build it. They had problems trouble shooting it. They should have had it rebuilt again. The re-builder forgot to replace a plug so I didn't get proper oil pressure. they replaced the lifters twice and my car sounds like a diesel. I and going to have it took all apart then have the cam, cam bearing, lifters and roller rockers inspected for damage. I am going to record the disassemble and the inspections. Take photos and get my quotes for repair. Either way JBP are responsible. I will have my engine repaired so that it's running correctly then sue JBP for the tab.

JBP fixed some of the other things that were wrong with my engine when they got it back from their re-builder, such as: Oil pan leaked right away, main cam seal leaked right away, cam sensor, crank sensor, idling issues, etc ( it's sad when you have to say etc. b/c there was so many things wrong.)

I really do like Mev, Mike and Greg as people and their nice to talk to, but this is business. They build was a gift from my parents for completing school. It wasn't my money but my family worked hard for it. I know Greg truly knows what he's doing and he is an amazing big block re-builder and overall re-builder. Mike fixed many things that were wrong with my engine. Mev is the owner but he's just a sales man, really.

-224u2luv

Mev did my camshaft install on my 2.4L and I had a few problems with it initally. I took it back to him about 10 times and he was always cool about it. same with Mike, mike and Mev are great guys as you said and Mev is anything but a salesman. Mike was really helpful with getting my engine put to gether and Mev was the one who did the more complicated things like setting the timing.

im sure if you talk to Mev, he'll set it all straight, I saw him dealing with irrate customers, he was really accomodating.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:16 PM
What about the SBI lifters from howell? are they just replacements for oem peices?

http://www.howellautomotive.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=17

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:43 PM
It doesn't say, so I'd be willing to bet they are just OEM replacement

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 9:31 PM
Henry Mac wrote:
224U2LUV wrote:

-224u2luv

Mev did my camshaft install on my 2.4L and I had a few problems with it initally. I took it back to him about 10 times and he was always cool about it. same with Mike, mike and Mev are great guys as you said and Mev is anything but a salesman. Mike was really helpful with getting my engine put to gether and Mev was the one who did the more complicated things like setting the timing.

im sure if you talk to Mev, he'll set it all straight, I saw him dealing with irrate customers, he was really accomodating.

I've been bringing my car "back" for like a year and a half. I'd say 30-40 times. I'll call him to see what he can do for me. Atleast if he would give me free replacement parts then I could return the defective ones he supplied. I'd feel more comfortable having the work done elsewhere.

-224u2luv
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 9:49 PM
The Lifters for the 2.2 OHV are they Hydraulic roller lifters or Hydraulic roller lifters??

Not sure if it matters but I have the Stage II JBP Cam
Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:59 AM
It doesn't matter if the Clevite lifters are OEM replacement or not.. Regardless their WAY cheaper than the stock ones from GM. Thats why I went with the Clevite ones for those wondering.

306 TQ
Thursday, January 26, 2006 10:21 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:It doesn't matter if the Clevite lifters are OEM replacement or not.. Regardless their WAY cheaper than the stock ones from GM. Thats why I went with the Clevite ones for those wondering.

Is there any difference in quality? Does having a higher loped cam like a stage 2 put more stress on the lifters?

In the OHV are the lifters Hydraulic lifters or Hydraulic roller lifters?
I made a mistake in an earlier post saying roller twice..
Thursday, January 26, 2006 11:54 AM
224U2LUV wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:It doesn't matter if the Clevite lifters are OEM replacement or not.. Regardless their WAY cheaper than the stock ones from GM. Thats why I went with the Clevite ones for those wondering.

Is there any difference in quality? Does having a higher loped cam like a stage 2 put more stress on the lifters?

In the OHV are the lifters Hydraulic lifters or Hydraulic roller lifters?
I made a mistake in an earlier post saying roller twice..

The only thing I know is that Clevite products are pretty strong.. Most drag and race cars use them. People on the org always recommend Clevite rod and main bearings, but when it comes to Clevite lifters they say "ohh their just oem replacements" So what lol so are the damn bearings, their just stronger. Thats what people want, is stronger than oem,

306 TQ
Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:48 PM
The Clevite lifters are stock replacements. They are no better or worse than OEM lifters. OEM roller lifters can be re-used without damage to the cam or lifter. The price on partsamerica.com is per lifter, so a set = $25 * 8 = $200.

Have a nice day.
-->Slow
Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:06 PM
yep NAPA has them. Clevite. i got mine from there for $145.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:59 PM
Nitrous Nate wrote:yep NAPA has them. Clevite. i got mine from there for $145.

Can you supply me with the part number for those?

My friend can get me parts for cost, but he only works with part numbers.

-224u2luv
Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:15 PM
If the stock computer can handle your cam, then the OEM(or OEM Replacement) lifters will be just fine. Your PCM limits you to 6000rpm, which stock hydralic roller lifters will handle okay.

Just don't get springs with over 130lbs of seat pressure or a max of 350lbs of open pressure. If you springs have a seat pressure of about 110-115lbs you might want to look at the '93 or older oil pump for a little extra hydraulic pressre to prevent lifter pump-up at the higher rpms.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:35 PM
MadJack wrote:If the stock computer can handle your cam, then the OEM(or OEM Replacement) lifters will be just fine. Your PCM limits you to 6000rpm, which stock hydralic roller lifters will handle okay.

Just don't get springs with over 130lbs of seat pressure or a max of 350lbs of open pressure. If you springs have a seat pressure of about 110-115lbs you might want to look at the '93 or older oil pump for a little extra hydraulic pressre to prevent lifter pump-up at the higher rpms.

I just looked at my build sheet from JBP: 492#/in @ 2.0" x 8 (I.H: 1.20)

I am assuming that is 492 lbs./inch. open pressure, becasue I think that the springs are 2 inches not compressed. 8 is the quanity they sold me. I have no idea what that I.H 1.20 means though.

-224u2luv
Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:15 PM
The 492# is the spring rate, how many pounds of pressure to compress that spring one inch (even though it probably won't go that far before coil bind). I.H. should be installed hight, but the 2.2L has a spring installed hight of1.710". An IH of 1.20" wouldn't leave much room for lift. 2.0" sounds about right for a free length. If thats the case though, that would give you a seat pressure of 142lbs. The seat pressure and rate more attuned to a mechanical roller cam and too much for a hydraulic roller.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search