Magnaflow muffler - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Magnaflow muffler
Friday, February 02, 2007 3:48 PM
So as some of you may know Iv'e been in the hunt for almost a year now for a performance muffler and I think I have finally found what I'm searching for. I went to Canadian Tire today and here is what I have decided on so far. Megnaflow Satin stainless steel muffler and then I will buy a good quality stainless steel tip as well. My question is would this be a performance muffler? I am really just looking to spruce up my car with a nice deep sounding muffler and am not sure if this muffler would do that or if it would just sound like my current stock muffler.

Magnaflow Satin Stainless Steel muffler

(More Info)
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=406

Thanks

03 Sunfire

Re: Magnaflow muffler
Saturday, February 03, 2007 12:49 AM
I have one just like it, but mine is a flowmaster. If you have a 2.4 you should be happy with the sound, it has a deep but quiet sound and low speeds and kind of high so at high speeds. It will not sound like those weedwacker civics. Make sure all fo your pipes have no hole or it will sound like crap.
Saturday, February 03, 2007 12:52 AM
I have one just like it, but mine is a flowmaster. If you have a 2.4 you should be happy with the sound, it has a deep but quiet sound at low speeds and kind of high so at high speeds. It will not sound like those weedwacker civics. Make sure all of your pipes have no holes or it will sound like crap. sorry.
Saturday, February 03, 2007 1:24 PM
Sounds good. It was either I buy a stainless steel performance muffler with the tip or buy this satin stainless steal megnaflow muffler(not sure if it a performance muffler) which I will have to by a tip and have it welded on. Like I said I am just looking for a good quality muffler that will sound nice. Nothing to loud but just that nice deep sound. Thanks for your reply.

03 Sunfire
Saturday, February 03, 2007 4:31 PM
I have one on my Sunbird turbo. I don't like it as much as the Walker Dynomax I put on my Cav turbo. But it works and it's not too loud.

-->Slow
Sunday, February 04, 2007 3:53 PM
That is the same one that I purchased for my 04. I love it!

New Picture comming this summer.
Sunday, February 04, 2007 4:02 PM
Okay first of all, you're going to need a resonator as well. Without the res, you're gonna sound like every other honda out there.
Second of all, if you want a nice deep tone, you're going to want a longer muffler than that. Get the 18" long one, offset/centre.
Third you don't order parts from Canadian Tire. If you want I can hook you up with any Magnaflow/Dynomax/Borla/whatever you want for cheaper than just about anywhere around, assuming you're in Ontario. Just PM me what you want and I will let you know how much.

As for performance, you won't notice anything. Maybe the dyno might show a few horsepower, if you do the whole cat-back, I wouldn't expect to feel any faster though. If you want to listen to my setup, its an 18" Magnaflow muffler, and a 22" Magnaflow resonator.
http://home.cogeco.ca/~djdnz/Exhaust.mov

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Sunday, February 04, 2007 4:42 PM
Ok I am just looking to make my car sound a little louder with a deep sound to it. If I buy this 2" inlet and 2" outlet muffler which is also offset and put a muffler tip on it with a resonator like this one(below) will I get a nice deep but not overally loud sound?

03 Sunfire
Sunday, February 04, 2007 8:46 PM
I like the Magnaflow's because their a 0 resistance muffler! Basicly a glass pack in a larger stainless shell! They are quieter than the flowmaster and to get deeper sounding than the Honda's I would recomend not a resonator but a standard glasspack! I don't know for sure about fitting under the nissan's but if you get the camaro/firebird muffler, a good exhaust shop (not midas or meinikee) can custom bend you the pipes for dual exhaust on most any J-body! Just need to cut the rear bumper or get a factory or after market duel exhaust bumper!
Sunday, February 04, 2007 9:43 PM
I have the exact same one as in the pic. i love it a nice deep sound just like you want and i definately noticed a little power increase. But i didnt realize how much of a difference it made till after i put the stock one back on for the winter.
Monday, February 05, 2007 5:54 AM
Awesome sounds like I will be happy with the muffler. I am just hoping it’s not too loud though. I need to buy a tip and there are two kinds I've seen. One has a layer wrapped around the inside with tiny holes which I assume is a resonator and the other is just a plan stainless steel tip. Which one should I choose and what difference do the two types of tips make?

03 Sunfire

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:54 PM
Well.. the stainless straight pipe is going to be a lot louder. The muffler itself is pretty loud, I got a ticket for mine. But I prefer the straight tip.
Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:55 AM
ST3 ST3 wrote:Well.. the stainless straight pipe is going to be a lot louder. The muffler itself is pretty loud, I got a ticket for mine. But I prefer the straight tip.

Really? Its only got a 2" inlet and 2" outlet and I am leaving on the cat and resonator so it will all be legal.

03 Sunfire
Monday, February 26, 2007 4:11 PM
I have three questions:

1. Is this muffler straight through? (straight through is illegal here)
2. Will a tip with a resanator make any difference then just an ordanary stainless steel tip and what difference will it make?
3. Will this muffler be any louder than a Magnaflow muffler with a 2.5 inlet/outlet?

03 Sunfire
Monday, February 26, 2007 10:59 PM
I dont think you should get that one, heres what i got...
My 2005 sunfire came with a dual exhaust, so all i had to do is cut the old mufflers and weld these on:

Magnaflow #14829 Universal Muffler

These sounds AWESOME!!!
Check out my exhaust on you tube...

You Tube

I bought two of these #14829's and only costed me $250 with FREE SHIPPING!

2005 Pontiac Sunfire Sport
Custom Magnaflow DUAL exhaust!
AEM CAI and B&M Shiftplus
Bomex Body Kit gonna arrive soon...
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 5:01 PM
Lefix wrote:I dont think you should get that one, heres what i got...
My 2005 sunfire came with a dual exhaust, so all i had to do is cut the old mufflers and weld these on:

Magnaflow #14829 Universal Muffler

These sounds AWESOME!!!
Check out my exhaust on you tube...

You Tube

I bought two of these #14829's and only costed me $250 with FREE SHIPPING!

I was going to get that one but I dont want a straight through muffler with a 2.5" inlet/outlet. Would anyone know if this 2" inlet/outlet muffler shown above is straight through?

1. Is this muffler straight through? (straight through is illegal here)
2. Will a tip with a resanator make any difference then just an ordanary stainless steel tip and what difference will it make?
3. Will this muffler be any louder than a Magnaflow muffler with a 2.5 inlet/outlet?

03 Sunfire
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:13 AM
Why do you care if its a straight thru or not? If its illegal, then what do you mean by straight thru? like you can see straight thru the muffler?

I dont know about you but i love my exhaust, it sounds soooo good....

2005 Pontiac Sunfire Sport
Custom Magnaflow DUAL exhaust!
AEM CAI and B&M Shiftplus
Bomex Body Kit gonna arrive soon...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search