Illinois HB3325 making progress! (New tint law) PASSED - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Illinois HB3325 making progress! (New tint law) PASSED
Friday, October 30, 2009 2:42 PM
NOW LEGAL tint combinations.
1. Up to 35% in the Rear/up to 35% front
2. 35-30% in the rear/up to 50% front
3. IF YOU HAVE BELOW 30% TINT IN THE REAR, YOU CAN NOT HAVE FRONT TINT
4. If you have an MPV, which include but are not limited to, SUVs, Station Wagons, minivans, Toasters, etc., and said MPV has factory installed privacy glass (smoked), you are allowed to have up to 50% tint in front.

Re: Illinois HB3325 making progress! (New tint law) PASSED
Friday, October 30, 2009 3:10 PM
yep. thats standard for tint laws.

personally... id rather have the back three as dark as possible, well i guess personally id like every window dark as possible LOL but to abide by the law i would have to go with dark as fawk on back 3.

sometimes im in-different though, because some cars do look better with all the windows lightly done like 35% all around.

id like to know how they are going to meter the back three windows....

I must confess... I feel like a monster!
Friday, October 30, 2009 4:16 PM
says right there, rears can be whatever, if they are darker than 30 you cant tint the front...

Friday, October 30, 2009 6:58 PM
in ohio you can do 35 in front...and spray paint the back windows black if you want

Friday, October 30, 2009 7:36 PM
really? thats weird considering every website is saying 50% is all that is legal on the sides in ohio

but still the back 3 as dark as you want plus that? wow thats pry the best law out there...

Friday, October 30, 2009 7:59 PM
Princess Vince wrote: Up to 35% in the Rear/up to 35% front

35% front and rear (5 windows)

Princess Vince wrote:
35-30% in the rear/up to 50% front

back 3 30-35% front two no more than 50%

Princess Vince wrote:
3. IF YOU HAVE BELOW 30% TINT IN THE REAR, YOU CAN NOT HAVE FRONT TINT

less than 30% back 3, ZERO tint in front.

Princess Vince wrote:
4. If you have an MPV, which include but are not limited to, SUVs, Station Wagons, minivans, Toasters, etc., and said MPV has factory installed privacy glass (smoked), you are allowed to have up to 50% tint in front.

if your factory back 3 are tinted, no more than 50% allowed on fronts.

again this is using a cavalier as an example not to confuse with vans and what not...

Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:29 AM
right, its just so the light inside the cabin is equal. you achieve said light by doing one or the other allowable limit. thats all they have done here.

tint does effect the amount you can see out but it's nothing to get panties in a bunch about. (talking about the back three if the sides are 50 or 35

Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:30 PM
Looks like the G is getting tinted...thanks for the heads up vince

Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:28 PM
Our laws in Iowa are very similar. I dont generally have to much trouble, as long as I dont attract attention.
My windows are at 5% all the way around and my winshield is at 35%.
I would not change that. I love to have the windows tinted. I guess I have been pretty fortunate but I have had them done on my cav for 8 years so far. No problems.
Saturday, October 31, 2009 6:51 PM
iowa laws are very different.

you can have as dark as you want for the back 3 and only 70% on the sides.

windshield only as far as the auto safety level one line.

Saturday, October 31, 2009 7:02 PM
Ya, your right, they can be as dark as you want on the back in Iowa, I misread the post earlier.
A good friend of mine is a sherrif and he told me that you can go as dark as you want on the back AS LONG as it is not a window on a door....meaning a 4 door. I personally see it all the time though.
But as he said, they have more things to worry about then that, but he did remind me that if I should ever get pulled over, don't be surprised if they ask me to
step out of the car over the "loudspeaker" before the attempt to approach the car.

Saturday, October 31, 2009 7:24 PM
hey that is understandable though. you could easily be hiding a gun behind that tinted window cocked, locked, and ready to fire the second he comes up.

if i was a cop i would do the same thing.

Saturday, October 31, 2009 7:28 PM
I absolutely agree. I would do the same thing as well.
Saturday, October 31, 2009 7:44 PM
see thats the problem with tinted windows, cops need to take caution to maintain a certain safety level, which again.. is understandable.

it just sucks for the people like me that aren't trying to hide anything, but rather like the look of dark windows on the car.

i also have sensitive eyes and the tint does help with that. just recently since my newest daily driver has not yet been tinted i have noticed quite a bit of irritation in my eyes during those bright ass days in the summer vs my old daily driver that has dark tinted windows. the winter when the snow has covered the ground and its very sunny out is also pretty bad, actually can be worse sometimes.

Saturday, October 31, 2009 8:20 PM
I personally don't like super dark windows on most cars. I think 50-35 is perfect. And i HATE when someone has a car(not an suv wth factory tint), and does the rears a noticeable shade different. I prefer them to all match. I did all 5 windows in my old Cav 50%(Maine limit for front side windows), and thought it looked perfect. I could have gone 35 in rear 3, but it just looks retarded to me.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Saturday, October 31, 2009 9:01 PM
I know that in KS its only a $35 dollar ticket for window tinting so i don't worrie about the law there lol i had 5% all the way 3 sides that is on my fiero be4 i sold it

Sunday, November 01, 2009 5:59 PM
Not that I have been worried with the Vibe because it draws no attention whatsoever , but I guess now I definitely don't have to worry as I have 35% all around.

JLAudioCavalier wrote:I personally don't like super dark windows on most cars. I think 50-35 is perfect. And i HATE when someone has a car(not an suv wth factory tint), and does the rears a noticeable shade different. I prefer them to all match. I did all 5 windows in my old Cav 50%(Maine limit for front side windows), and thought it looked perfect. I could have gone 35 in rear 3, but it just looks retarded to me.

I agree. I don't like really dark tint either. And I also don't like the look of different % on the front and back. I had 35% on the front two windows and 15% on the rear three windows on my '02 Sunfire GT and it looked pretty dumb. I regretted it big time, but sold it before I got around to having it re-done. That's exactly why I decided to go with 35% all around on the Vibe. It's dark enough to look good and serve it's purpose, but not so dark that I look like I have something to hide or am a trouble maker. Just my $02.

Sunday, November 01, 2009 6:01 PM
I forgot to add that I also hate when people get the rear windows tinted, but not the front windows. I think it should either be all or none. I understand people do it because of the laws and all, but in my opinion it looks absolutely ridiculous. I would rather leave the windows un-tinted than give the car a ridiculous uneven look. Again, just my $.02.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009 11:35 AM
when was this passed? cuz i got a tint ticket for 35 in front on friday?
Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:10 PM
whats your rear tint at?

Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:13 PM
says affective date, 10/30/09

Thursday, November 05, 2009 12:36 PM
I can still see this being a problem for people that have something to hide or not.....

"oh, I just wanted to make sure that the tint on your front windows are within legal standards" ..."Oh, and how about you step outside the car, so we can "determine/test" if it's legal"..oh, and what is this now.?

I could see this as a reason to pull people over..."Well, from my angle it looked darker than what it really was? Sorry but yours eyes look a little red!"..Just digging for crap to find something wrong and arrest you or ticket you. Now I am not saying it's OK to drive drunk or high, or with out a front plate, or with a loud exhaust, or with a dog on your lap (is that illegal?)...Those are illegal, and there are many reasons to why; but this could almost be like "entrapment"

Will i get tint now? yeah, sooner or later; but I really believe that is why I have never been pulled over or screwed with because they can see in my car. Dark IMO means "hiding", unless you are Jim McMahon (Punky QB) or anyone else that has sensitive eyes..lol. And I believe a lot cops think that too.

Just my opinion...

Sunday, November 15, 2009 12:19 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:in ohio you can do 35 in front...and spray paint the back windows black if you want

No sir!! Fronts HAVE to be 50% or above. The rears can be any percentage.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, November 15, 2009 12:32 PM
Bleco.22 wrote:I can still see this being a problem for people that have something to hide or not.....

"oh, I just wanted to make sure that the tint on your front windows are within legal standards" ..."Oh, and how about you step outside the car, so we can "determine/test" if it's legal"..oh, and what is this now.?

I could see this as a reason to pull people over..."Well, from my angle it looked darker than what it really was? Sorry but yours eyes look a little red!"..Just digging for crap to find something wrong and arrest you or ticket you. Now I am not saying it's OK to drive drunk or high, or with out a front plate, or with a loud exhaust, or with a dog on your lap (is that illegal?)...Those are illegal, and there are many reasons to why; but this could almost be like "entrapment"

Will i get tint now? yeah, sooner or later; but I really believe that is why I have never been pulled over or screwed with because they can see in my car. Dark IMO means "hiding", unless you are Jim McMahon (Punky QB) or anyone else that has sensitive eyes..lol. And I believe a lot cops think that too.

Just my opinion...

This who thought process is not even logical.... they they wanted it to be a reason to pull people over then would have left it illegal.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search