oct 9.................................... - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
oct 9....................................
Sunday, September 18, 2005 8:35 PM
oct 9th (sunday) is the last sport compact weekend of the year at rock falls raceway and some of the mn-j's and myself where thinking......just how many j-bodies can we get there????? well it time to find out........ here is the call.......... how many people would like to get together and race????

who would care to join us at the track...........

Re: oct 9....................................
Sunday, September 18, 2005 8:54 PM
haha, i should see if i can break my current lightning fast record of 18.6.

i'll see what i can do. how much does it cost to race up there?

Sunday, September 18, 2005 10:39 PM
Like I said, my car will be boosted, I will be there need to see what it can do(how many heads I can turn)

Jason

USACi =>146.9db
14.88 @ 90.73MPH =>GM Charger, Motor Mounts, Catback exhaust
Monday, September 19, 2005 8:24 AM
not to sure of the cost, but i know its not that much.
Monday, September 19, 2005 9:00 AM
its 37 bucks to race, and only 10 to watch... i wanna race, but i need a helmet. would anyone have one i could use, or know where i caould get one for dirt cheap???
Monday, September 19, 2005 11:44 AM
why would you need a helmet? im pretty sure you can race without one, since you aren't going to be going any faster than 12 seconds. most tracks don't require a helmet if you aren't going that fast.

Monday, September 19, 2005 11:48 AM
the req. eq. stated on the web site says i need a helmet otherwise i can race
Monday, September 19, 2005 12:23 PM
yup the falls requires them no matter what time u run....

and im sure we can find a helmet for you warren...not sure if im makin it out there but i guess we'll see

its beer season
Monday, September 19, 2005 12:36 PM
i'm already going with a bunch of people, I would love to race if my car is done by then, but i need a waiver signed (under 18) and i need a helmet. but i'll at least be there watching

p.s. Jason my car might be boosted by then also ..megasquirt is coming this week

Monday, September 19, 2005 1:10 PM
it would be cool to get as many j's out there as possible.....i hope you can make it rated Z
Monday, September 19, 2005 1:22 PM
Ill try to make it, I have a helmet and what we used to do was just share the helmets we had lol

I dont think they will allow me to race with bags

JHound
I took a Grey Hound bus to the 2005 GMSC Bash

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/501000-501999/501209_5.jpg

Monday, September 19, 2005 2:23 PM
i am pretty sure that they would let you race nick. just cause your bagged, dont mean your going to tear up the track
Monday, September 19, 2005 3:12 PM
well, i might have to borrow a helmet then too...

Monday, September 19, 2005 3:14 PM
Well if I remember correctly they didnt let people with bags race. I am not positive on that though its been so long.

JHound

Monday, September 19, 2005 3:40 PM
i never been there, i am not sure.....but i dont see why you couldn't, but you should still come anyways

fodder, you should be there for 4 sure
Monday, September 19, 2005 10:57 PM
You have to have a helment no matter what times you run. Rockfalls will pretty much let anything race I have never seen a car not make it through inspection.If ryan races I will be shocked, since he always says he won't cause his car is slow
I raced my friends automatic 99 integra last time that was bone stock and ran a 17 flat as its best time, I believe it was the slowest car that day but was still fun. I have raced a few times and would recomend it to anyone. I have only seen one impressive cavy since I have been going to rockfalls and that was a boosted 3.1 in an old z24 ran a 14.7, he had an fmu , I should be racing, I already requested it off of work, I hope my new intercooler is here soon so my tuner and I can get it running right so I don't blow this engine up before the race.(hondas have free standalone ) Good luck to anyone who comes, my best advice is not to guestimate your 1/4 mile times your only setting yourself up for dissapointment.
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 8:15 AM
skinny e i wanna see your ride once you have it up and running.......
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:33 PM
i think i can guestimate that most of the mn j times will be between 15.5 and 17.0

its beer season
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:40 PM
^^^yea that would be a safe bet
and i'm running if i'm boosted by then if not then i'll still go but not race. and if i am boosted i'm hoping for atleast 15's since i do have a 3 spd 2200 i'm not expecting to much

and Elijah (skinny E) i decided i'm gonna try my hardest to get my setup done before the 9th..we'll see, megasquirt is coming tomorrow(hopefully), and hopefully be put in a running by the end of next week, if chris is up to it. And then i need an intercooler and oil lines, then a Down pipe made, I should be able to get it done in 3 weeks, hell right now i'm going to the junkyard.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:14 PM
i think your right dylan. i hope i am in at least the low 17's high 16's.

hope to see ya there volumeking

and skinny E.......hondas suck j/k i really wanna see what you can run. let me know when your ride is up and running.

in case you dont remember me, i am the guy with the silver cav w/ the black race stripes
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:29 PM
I see how it is, someone removed my post lol

JHound

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:40 PM
what post????????
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:49 PM
if you dont run at LEAST a 16.5 somethings wrong haha i ran a 16.3 stock

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:43 PM
Silver&Black FastTrack wrote:i think your right dylan. i hope i am in at least the low 17's high 16's.

hope to see ya there volumeking

and skinny E.......hondas suck j/k i really wanna see what you can run. let me know when your ride is up and running.

in case you dont remember me, i am the guy with the silver cav w/ the black race stripes

my car is slow, I'm hoping to hit 14's which I should'nt guestimate but I've raced it before with a gazzillion problems and was running 15's, right now my main restriction is too small of a turbo. I need a supper 60 badly. But yeah everyone should race like I said I raced a friends car with him last time and if you have an auto you have a huge advantage in brackets.

Ryan I'm up for helping you get your car done in time if you got the money to get the parts. I'll have my brother t weld the bov flange for you and we can fab up a downpipe really easily with that saab 42/48 you got. If you have too, run an open down pipe, I would, it sounds bada$$. Plus if that one guy seriously ran a 18.6 with basically the same car as yours I would'nt be hoping for 15's I'd be hoping for 16's maybe 17's. No offense but a turbo does'nt magically make your car a rocket ship and I know that you know that.
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:30 AM
skinny e............... do you every hit up uni on the weekends?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search