MN Meet? - Page 2 - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: MN Meet?
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:55 PM
hey thats me with my hands in my pockets not doing a damn thing. whats new right? im up for a new meet. i dont have a jbody but i could bring my gf and her pink cav

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:49 PM
i sold my cavy but i still have the turbo grand am so since its got a 2.4 in it ill be there.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 9:49 PM
666 night rider (TGM) wrote:hey thats me with my hands in my pockets not doing a damn thing. whats new right? im up for a new meet. i dont have a jbody but i could bring my gf and her pink cav

Na you did a fine good job turning the sausages lol

So did you ever sell the WRX or do ya still have the thing?

Hey josh, what are ya using for a tranny in the buick? Ya got an older style mechanical auto mated to the Ls1 or what, Im kinda curiouse how ya got that to work out?

Thursday, March 19, 2009 10:27 AM
So is this going down or what? if yeah lets get a date going cuz that way people can plan ahead.

Jeff u should sell me ur secret cams since ur getting rid of the car.
Thursday, March 19, 2009 10:52 AM
i agree a date would be nice
Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:12 AM
Would the last weekend in April work for everybody? Gives you about a month to get off of work. And Sam a month to get that damn tranny fixed already...

The 10-11 is easter, the next weekend is opener at Rock Falls, so that kind of leaves the last weekend in April... What does everyone think?

Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:10 PM
Weebel wrote:Hey josh, what are ya using for a tranny in the buick? Ya got an older style mechanical auto mated to the Ls1 or what, Im kinda curiouse how ya got that to work out?
Im running a Turbo 400 with a 3500 Stall
TCI sells a flywheel to bolt a older style trans to the ls series motors

Thursday, March 19, 2009 2:18 PM
hey i flipped burgers too weebel... and yes i still got the wrx. i put sti gears in the tranny so it will hold up better.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:46 PM
how about sometime in may?
Thursday, March 19, 2009 10:00 PM
well how about april 19th at rockfalls opener day, from what ive heard its going to be crazy tons of cars there so maybe we can get some of the wisconsin Js to come there also and make it an even bigger meet.

rockfallsraceway.com
Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:44 PM
jon turbo grand am wrote:i sold my cavy but i still have the turbo grand am so since its got a 2.4 in it ill be there.

By that logic I could just bring my buick because it's got a 3.1 in it.......... it's all good though, I personally dont care what people show up in.

And Chris..... I know ya helped out...... it's just fun giving ya crap.

Matt... Besides a tranny... I might need an axle, and I also have to find both a rear left reflector and tail light. ( I backed into a damn fire hydrant the day I parked it for the winter)

I might be able to at least have a tranny by the begining of april some time if I find one cheap enough but I doubt the car will be together my the date you all are talking about.

Wich reminds me... if anyone has an Izuzu for sale reasonably cheap in good working condidtion let me know.... although I might have to wait six weeks or so to get it.

I'm making decent money finally now as long as something doesn't happen at work because of the economy (knock on wood) but I just started getting that pay (first check today) so it will take some time to actually build up some cash.

Either way Ill plan on being there.... either in my Buick, or more likely my motorcycle.

That reminds me of something else..... Hey Tony.... you still have your R6? IDK if your car is still kaput or not or what your vehical situation is atm... but if you really dont have anything right now like I do.... you could always take your bike to a meet like i probably will.... especially if we go to rock falls... Idk how they would be about letting us run bikes, but if your anything like me, I want to know what my bike will run.

Friday, March 20, 2009 12:10 PM
jon turbo grand am wrote:well how about april 19th at rockfalls opener day, from what ive heard its going to be crazy tons of cars there so maybe we can get some of the wisconsin Js to come there also and make it an even bigger meet.

rockfallsraceway.com

X2
Friday, March 20, 2009 1:49 PM
what time are we thinking?
Friday, March 20, 2009 5:58 PM
i wanna go to the track

mmmmmm W41 cams!!!

Friday, March 20, 2009 10:14 PM
Well usually if you are planing on racing that day you want to get there about 7am to get your car inspected and you can get enough runs in before eliminations, if you are planing on running make sure you have all lug nuts on and your battery is tied down, also by getting there early you can get runs in and tune your car while you race if you need to tune before eliminations, also last thing bring a helmet other than that here are the prices................

Money Cars & Bikes $80
Trophy Cars & Bikes $40
Saturday & Sunday Crew or Spectators
(Includes Pit Pass & Free Parking)
$10
Senior Citizens
Students (Ages 10 to 15)
$8
$5

Kids under 10 Free
Camping Fee $5/person
$10 max./vehicle
(Free to Testers)
Saturday Night Vehicle Parking $3 (Free to Testers)
Team Rock Falls 2009 Membership
Jr. Dragster Gold Rush 2009 Membership $30
$10

here is the website................ www.rockfallsraceway.com
Friday, March 20, 2009 10:34 PM
It's 40 bucks for the whole day. For time trials you can get 10 or more runs, some days you can only get 3 or 4. Then you have eliminations in the afternoon. That's the part I love best... came in 2nd twice in the money races last year. Won 50 bucks both times.

Seems like everyone likes Rock Falls as a meet, but everytime 75% of the people drop out. Up to you guys on what you want to do. No matter what I'm gonna be at Rock Falls...

Friday, March 20, 2009 10:40 PM
I have nothing to run

Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:44 AM
^^^^^^^ well get the Buick finished allready.... I want to see what that thing does.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 3:21 PM
i'll be at rock falls in the ION for sure

Saturday, March 21, 2009 3:34 PM
Money Cars & Bikes $80
Trophy Cars & Bikes $40 whats the difference? might be a stupid question
Saturday, March 21, 2009 3:40 PM
ihavenolife000 wrote:It's 40 bucks for the whole day.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 7:01 PM
blucavi wrote:Money Cars & Bikes $80
Trophy Cars & Bikes $40 whats the difference? might be a stupid question

money cars race to win money. trophy cars race to win a trophy.
there's a good chance that I can make it in my grand am.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:28 PM
if you are not racing its only 10 dllars to get in, and also if people want to stay there saturday night the hotels there are very cheap its like 35 to 45 a night right there in eauclaire WI.
Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:20 AM
I have living room floor space if anyone wants to crash there the night before or after track day. Just let me know if you want to crash at my place, its small, but there is room on the floor for some people.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:50 AM
Weebel wrote:^^^^^^^ well get the Buick finished allready.... I want to see what that thing does.

I wouldn't be able to run anyway, Its rwd and they won't allow my kind of car to run on sport compact day

I might be picking something up by then though

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search