MN Meet? - Page 3 - North Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: MN Meet?
Sunday, March 22, 2009 7:55 PM
Hmm. Maybe I'll have my '88 3500 Z24 finished by then. Still need to swap the transmission, finish the fuel lines, and a few odds and ends. I only live 20 minutes from Rock Falls. If it ain't done I'll bring a grill and we can all have some greatttt food!

Monday, March 23, 2009 2:03 AM
03supercharged wrote:
Weebel wrote:^^^^^^^ well get the Buick finished allready.... I want to see what that thing does.

I wouldn't be able to run anyway, Its rwd and they won't allow my kind of car to run on sport compact day

I might be picking something up by then though

I thought it was all just bracket racing to it didn't matter what you drove.....

And theres rwd sport compacts...

but I suppose your buick would fall under a muscle car, or some kind of weird custom catagory....

although if it is bracket racing like I've heared.... IDK why it matters what your driiving.... be it a car, bike, golf cart, what ever......

but I guess they want to keep to faster 4-bangers away from the V-8 guys so nobody gets there feelings hurt.

Either way... I'll try to show up even if I dont run this time.... it should be fun..

And what are you thinking about "Picking up"...... I swear dude..... you either get paid too much or your really good at your finances LOL

Now you got me wondering...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:27 AM
So are we a go on Rock Falls?

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:19 AM
I'm down for sure, dont know if i am gonna race my car.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:32 PM
im going
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:34 PM
Lurch wrote:03Supercharged- Nice buick! I used to have an 83 Regal with a 350 from a 1970 Gran Sport. Had dual exhaust, was a badass car.

I just saw this now, Thanks man! It should be a fun car, especially with the ls series motor and the turbo

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:13 AM
Hey josh.... maybee you could hook my Regal up too LOL

And if for some reason I took my bike and they let me run it..... can you just get a few runs in to see how it does.... or are you supposed to keep competing? I don't want to beat the @!#$ out of my bike.... I'm just curious what it runs and dont care about the contest.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:09 AM
I've seen it before. 2 guys biked together. They also let a huge diesel truck go on sport compact day. You'd have to email the people and see ahead of time I guess.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 10:21 AM
There are bikes out there all the time on sport compact day. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:53 PM
i just read this whole thing. can someone please confirm where this is going to be? what time? what day? like, someone has got to post the official times and whatnot. i'll make it if i know im going the right day lol

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike wrote:The auto to manual swap is not as involved as you would think.
Get all the parts you need in a pile, and drive the car into it.
They will find their way into the correct places.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:57 PM
wasas9 wrote:I've seen it before. 2 guys biked together. They also let a huge diesel truck go on sport compact day. You'd have to email the people and see ahead of time I guess.

i was there that day

sucks you had to leave early man.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:02 PM
gmanz24 wrote:
wasas9 wrote:I've seen it before. 2 guys biked together. They also let a huge diesel truck go on sport compact day. You'd have to email the people and see ahead of time I guess.

i was there that day

That's what happens when you get a bad transmission. I plan to have this thing finished Easter weekend, but we'll see how well that @!#$ goes. I just want the damn thing done so I can drive it and finally be happy and not spending anymore money on it.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:16 PM
wasas9 wrote:
gmanz24 wrote:

i was there that day

That's what happens when you get a bad transmission. I plan to have this thing finished Easter weekend, but we'll see how well that @!#$ goes. I just want the damn thing done so I can drive it and finally be happy and not spending anymore money on it.

im in the same boat. i got a bad slave from spec and have been driving on it with it being finicky but it hasnt failed till a week ago and im 4hrs south at school. :/

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:08 PM
Damn.... our transmissions suck LOL

Hopfully that would be OK about the bike thing... i'll talk to them or whatnot and find out for sure if we ever set a date.

The things 29 years old and I dont want to break it. but I'm sure it can handle just 2 or 3 runs to see what it does.

Once the car is fixed... I'm thinking I'm done with performance mods (engine) until I get the drive line and suspension where I want it though.

One I got a new tranny in... im gunna tear apart the old one and teach my self how to do at home cryo treating..... and treat the synchros and whatever might need it.... maybe a LSD, better clutch and flywheel.... then wait for something to happen to the new one LOL... and just go back and forth and always have a spare.

Liquid nitrogen is only like a dollar a gallon.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:10 PM
WOW...been atleast over 6 months since I've been on here...but thought I'd check in. How is everyone doing guys?

Gary...Brophy...you guys still alive on here with the J's?? or what are you running now? DO you guys still have my cell? we should def get together. you two should be 21 by now right? damn its been a long ass time sinc ei've been on here!!

Since I sold the cav last summer...I've been working on my '06 G35. Not that you guys know "g" terms compared to the J world...but I have a Authentic Gialla front lip and ING sides going on in about a week in a half. Goes into the body shop to get painted. Then the car will have 19's in the front and 20's in the rear when its all said and done...

Hope all you guys are doing well...lemme know if you need any help w/ anything. J's sure are a lot easier to work on then a G/Z!!

Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:11 PM
...and this meet I believe was the meet at Mounds View that I organized ...what, 2 summers ago??? Come on guys, someone needs to take charge on here!!

Friday, March 27, 2009 2:10 PM
StreetDreamZz wrote:WOW...been atleast over 6 months since I've been on here...but thought I'd check in. How is everyone doing guys?

Gary...Brophy...you guys still alive on here with the J's?? or what are you running now? DO you guys still have my cell? we should def get together. you two should be 21 by now right? damn its been a long ass time sinc ei've been on here!!

Since I sold the cav last summer...I've been working on my '06 G35. Not that you guys know "g" terms compared to the J world...but I have a Authentic Gialla front lip and ING sides going on in about a week in a half. Goes into the body shop to get painted. Then the car will have 19's in the front and 20's in the rear when its all said and done...

Hope all you guys are doing well...lemme know if you need any help w/ anything. J's sure are a lot easier to work on then a G/Z!!

ya man im still here. my green z is no more, it was rear ended. i picked up a black one with the ecotec from josh and it was rear ended and now im rockin a cayenne red z with my green cars motor in it and some w41 cams!! its sick. im building an eco right now as well that will go in a diff shell. broph stops by here from time to time but he has a wrx right now. when im back up in MN ill def get ahold of you man. you gotta show me the cities as a 21 yr old

Friday, March 27, 2009 11:01 PM
Hey Lance whats up there........

my cars still broke

it shall be fixed soon though even if I have to eat bologna sandwiches for lunch everyday.

And for some reason Gary just has really really really bad luck when it comes do deciding where he parks his cars.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 5:21 PM
i pop my ass in here once in awhile. joining the marines tho. may leave as early as mid april. we'll see how it goes.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 10:15 PM
^^^^^^ Private Brophy LOL...

Dude... you serious.... what the hell made ya decide to do that?

Although if its something you really want to do.... go for it I guess..

I liked being active duty Air Force until I got sent to a really @!#$ty squadron...... you never know what the hell is going to happen in the military.

I was one of those hard core mothers..... and apparently that doesnt compute in the air force...... but from what I hear.... the marines like that type of thing....

Good luck man...

Monday, March 30, 2009 12:19 PM
gmanz24 wrote:im in the same boat. i got a bad slave from spec and have been driving on it with it being finicky but it hasnt failed till a week ago and im 4hrs south at school. :/

Bad slave from SPEC, huh? Sounds familiar. I went through the same thing about 6 months ago. Bought a brand new stage 3+ and the slave that came with it was bad. Karo had to argue with them for days until they finally agreed to replace it.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search